Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zin

Suspensions and Bans for Supporting Competition

282 posts in this topic

Ok, here is a n00bs position on ideals and culture.

I strongly believe in ideals and that you ALWAYS have a choice. Sometime the choice is obvious sometimes it is a bit more difficult. If someone holds a gun to your head and says to rob a bank, you choose to rob a bank because you value your life. I worked at a retail store that refused to sell "The North Face" products because of the influence it had on outdoor living culture. We did sell it because people bought it so they could "look" like people that were outdoor people. Here on GS.c, I don't agree with everything that is said 100% of the time but I have the respect for the culture and the ideals of the people on here not to do things that are deemed counterproductive. If your personal views don't line up with what is being preached either talk to one of the admins or staff members and learn. Then once you have some facts, make a choice. Either you can 1) leave 2) understand and learn 3) stuff it, realize there will always be subtle differences in opinion and move on.

I have had close friends, really close friends get into stuff that I refuse to do. I am what you might call "straight edge". Thought I hate being catagorized like a book in a library, that is the best way to put it. I can't begin to count how many parties I skipped out on even though they were thrown by good friends of mine how I truly love dearly because the were going to have underage drinking which I can not support. So i choose to stay at home some nights because I am not going to things that compromise what I believe. . Everyone around me knows that I don't need drugs or alcohol to have a good time.

It has been made clear that battling is counterproductive to the culture which people take very personally; it is only right for them to defend it You know something, I can sympathize with JBX and I think that a one month ban is fine.

Just fyi this is my last post..... just kidding I love you guys too much. :inlove:

PS: please dont take that as a deletion request :dope:

So Cleric suppose to be the white guy with the gun right =p

HAHAHA!! Thats exactly what I was thinking. I want to be Mr. Miagi with that rock bomb at :33 or the guy with the mad crazy kicks :40 :P

Dear Dave,

I would like to request a Ban.

I also would like to request a deletion. The only reason I am REQUESTING a deletion is that I was UNABLE TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT. What gives!?!? Okay I'm just kidding. Part of my incentive is political of course. :)

Please check my login , IP , or whatever records so you know exactly who I am, if you don't already.

While I'm sure you know I have always been passionate about glowsticking, I do not feel like I belong on this website anymore. I would like to complain about the attitudes of some people on this site. I read through 10 pages of this thread, and felt very much disgusted by the things I saw.

Do you realize how negative of an appearance it is for an internet community about a beautiful art form to be ACCEPTABLY filled with threats of physical violence? In fact- they are even defended by influential members of this site. Some are members you granted additional influence to by making them staff. There are things I have noticed you look away and do not comment on publicly. I pray to fucking god that you have a secret intention when you allow members of this site to openly threaten people due to conflicts concerning an art community.

There are also posts that embrace conflict, but at the same time seem to discourage battling. What is the meaning, or meaninglessness of this hypocrisy? What is the goal? What is the ideal? It is completely lost to me.

Regarding the people you employ with such hateful attitudes. I do think you have reasons to employ them- but I do not agree with their necessity. Perhaps it would be easier for me to understand if I were in your position, or we were to speak in person- but you are rather busy I have been told.

names of people who have used your IP

Ginseng

TearDrop

influence

It's funny how different users suddenly post the similar things at the same time...and were roommates...ahhhhh good times.

The violence you talked about was between Rai and U4ia. One person lives in NY and another in FL.

U4ia and me used to cause trouble on this site back in the day allllllll the time. You think this site is mean spirited and unplur now? HA.

U4ia had been banned, suspended, he banned himself...etc etc. He didn't censor himself in his posts. In a way he was one of the realest people on the site.

Rai is the same way when it comes to posting. Rai as a staff member lost his staff position for a good time when that happened. He knows that's not how we want our staff to be portrayed and has since stopped reacting in that way.

Your last post under this name was in Aug of 2008. You haven't come to any meetups that I know of. Never introduced yourself. Didnt come to any parties either. You are just another inactive member, just like the other 2 people who have used your current IP.

IM HOPING that your not using this name to say what you think to avoid giving your others a bad name.

Nah I was about to come in here and say it was me since you had encouraged me to do so. Dave was against drama, so I used a surname and encouraged administration to look me up.

"drsnot (10:06:03 PM): despite rai and u4ia not always being the most polite people in the world. They never had to hide behind a different name or have others post what they needed to say."

"Rai is the same way when it comes to posting. Rai as a staff member lost his staff position for a good time when that happened. He knows that's not how we want our staff to be portrayed and has since stopped reacting in that way."

Thank you for speaking on behalf of Rai.

" You think this site is mean spirited and unplur now? HA."

Much more mean spirited and unplur than it deserves.

Thank you for finally having an honest bone in your body.

I can't resist telling a good lie. No seriously.

Oh and of course, my apologies for the time frame, and lack of knowledge of whatever had gone on after these posts happened. Nonetheless, I still feel this way as of 2009 and reading more recent stuff on GSC.

" You think this site is mean spirited and unplur now? HA."

Much more mean spirited and unplur than it deserves.

You told me at one point "maybe you should change the way you post"

I did change the way i post. I generally speaking do not fly off the handle and call people names and tell them to lick their friends piss off the floor.

I changed for the better. You disapeared. You became shady with everyone around here. You told people that you thought me and rai sold our souls to the literal devil.

Well I honestly believed that at the time, Rai had sold his soul to the devil.

Drugs r bad mmmkay?

Also I disappeared to what is it.. School? Is that so wrong? Is that really that shady?

Also I did notice you started to post much friendlier, I'm glad you did!

And for the record I never said you sold your soul to the devil cleric. I thought rai was possessed by a satan and he was manipulating everybody.

Well I honestly believed that at the time, Rai had sold his soul to the devil.

Drugs r bad mmmkay?

Also I disappeared to what is it.. School? Is that so wrong? Is that really that shady?

School isn't the reason you gave me on AIM. So don't be an asshole.

You said it was because you sold drugs. I wonder what you would have been like if you stayed the ginseng i met at the first EC meetup. Sober.

Oh and while are on the topic, I'd like to remind everyone that I interact with personally that I am still pretty unstable and should not be trusted under any circumstances. ^^

I have never sold drugs before.

Nor have I ever cheated on my girlfriend, as you have previously accused me of.

In either case, I no longer take drugs (except omega 369 and b complex) and have been recovering brain cells for the last year.

I have never sold drugs before.

Nor have I ever cheated on my girlfriend, as you have previously accused me of.

In either case, I no longer take drugs (except omega 369 and b complex) and have been recovering brain cells for the last year.

When did I ever acuse you of cheating your gf? I never even knew who any of ur gfs were. I only met a couple of them at that. You were to MIA for anyone to ever really know what you were doing.

Ginseng

TearDrop

influence

Have been banned as per Cleric, and I quote " He asked for the ban, he got the ban, he can come back after a long time away and discussions with dave and I"

All associated names with those IPs will be banned as well.

look guys. he needs help. we can't provide it for him. the thread in the staff forum is unanimous. ginseng and all of his IP's need to be banned because he's just an internet troll at this point. if people want to talk to that kid, then fine. but he's delusional.

he's barred from the ultra circle, the pre-meetups, and the anime expo workshop.

I think this is a great place to post this. Since this thread is getting a lot of attention.

I am not some evil overlord. If your the type who feels they need to ask questions but are afraid to post those questions, feel free to IM me on aim anytime. My SN is drsnot.

I'll give you as detailed an answer to whatever question you may have. It doesn't matter if its a cultural question or a stringing question. Keep in mind I may be at work or whatever so if I don't answer I'm not ignoring you on purpose. Just ask again later and ill answer.

There are plenty of people who can vouch for me that I spend a great deal of my time just sitting on aim helping people.

So if you have questions hit me up on aim. Drsnot.

The thing that happened w/ U4ia was forever ago, why is this just coming up now?

I can vouch for Cleric on Cjay612's behalf. He has helped him out many times, critiqued vids and what not as well.

Yea Cleric is a good man,

he's like the godfather......with big biceps......no homo :biggrin2: