Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lira

Lira Yin pres. Transient Illusion

102 posts in this topic

Great time as usual. Really solid transitions and I really hope that your computer didn't cause them to skip in the recordings.

Lira throws down a good mix. Something Ill definitely have to catch again. Catch her stickam as well as her mixes.

sweet stuff, these songs remind me of why I love glowsticking so much.

Plus Its a very happy vibe.

Thanks Lady.

-RG

Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed, RG! <3

To those of you who were there on the 18th, thanks for listening. I'll be posting that mix after my life de-funks-- should be about the 27th or so. Cheers.

i'll download it tomorrow.

going on a 3 day ski trip and i need something to listen to. i have listened to all of your other mixes too much, so they are getting a bit bland. if it is as good as the other guys (and girls) say it is, then i should be in for a real treat. i am guessing it will be the only thing i will listen to.

youre the best lira. keep it up!!

I'm going to hurry up and buy a flash drive,Cause I want them on my computer. It'll be a while till i can get it, but when i listen to them all, I'll hit you up for some feed back

Aww I'm sorry lira. I already told Rai I'd watch him spin. I hope you have fun though! Record it for us!

Just downloaded the newest one and it's pretty damn good so far, gonna get to the rest later.

I've uploaded Transient Illusion 5 - Force of Nature, so named because it's one of the rawer sounding sets I've done. I also updated all the numbers & names for Transient Illusions 1-4, so they're organized! :)

The tracklist is like nothing I've ever quite done before. Enjoy, guys!

downloading 4 and 5 now.

we will see how it goes :)

now i just have to figure out how to get the gsc supporters mix hmmm

Downloaded 4. It's my Need for Speed Undercover mix I listen too. Working on two and three right now. Waiting for the CDs. Going to Download the newb mix too!

problem downloading 4. will try again

5 sounds good. much better than your first one lol

edit: it appears i already have #4.

also, i noticed while sorting out all of your music that there isn't a transient illusion #1

Mixing = VDJ, a whole lot of listening & predicting, and Rai's equips whenever I can hijack them. lol.

Like here. That was a good set. He hasn't uploaded it yet, though.

thanks, prix! Well, the first one was bad enough that I called it 0.5 because it was less than 1, so I just never made one that I called 1. :P

Thanks for all the support, everyone. Taking a break from singing, mixing, trancing in general, but I may do a live pre-mix for SSBMU. It depends. Lots of good new music lately, but almost out of harddrive space. Still.

So, I finished up Forces of Nature, and I have to say, Lira, That John O'Callaghan feat. Jaren - Surreal (Original Mix) is my new favorite song. Thank you so much for introducing it. As for some of the other tracks, I don't think they fit with the theme of Forces of Nature, but were still good pieces all together. I give it an 9.2/10

That John O'Callaghan feat. Jaren - Surreal (Original Mix) is my new favorite song.

i don't know about favorite, but that is a really good song. definitely a favorite. not the favorite. favorite of the set? maybe.

overall i really like it. this set has some darker songs and some happy songs, and so that kind of creates a little bit of a weird feeling. but really everything is good. some transitions between songs are a little sharp (enough that if i wanted to split it into multiple tracks i could identify exactly when that track started).

but no real complaints lol. keep it up.

also: what is the yellow stuff in the cup that Rai is continuously drinking throughout the entire clip?

overall i really like it. this set has some darker songs and some happy songs, and so that kind of creates a little bit of a weird feeling. but really everything is good. some transitions between songs are a little sharp (enough that if i wanted to split it into multiple tracks i could identify exactly when that track started).

but no real complaints lol. keep it up.

also: what is the yellow stuff in the cup that Rai is continuously drinking throughout the entire clip?

Thanks! The mix of songs was intentional, but understandable if it seemed weird. I tried to add in lighter, less heavy tracks just so people's brains wouldn't explode from straight techy non-melodic stuff. :P

The sharper transitions are very distinct transitions between the basslines of songs, but otherwise you can still hear a lot of overlap, and if you listen carefully, I have parts of songs playing for a long while before I phase their basslines in.

Rai's probably drinking a screwdriver, which is orange juice mixed with vodka.