Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danika

Twilight

51 posts in this topic

I just finished the book in less than a day and was quite pleased. I loved it.

I love vampire books all together, and I hadn't read a vampire book since my freshman year in highschool. This wasn't a disappointment.

I'm going to go buy the next book tomorrow.

I read all day, through my college courses >.<

I hope the movie is going to be somewhat decent. They tend to make.... crappy renditions of vampire books (minus interview with the vampire, imo)

MM I cant WAIT to see all the scary Gothic chicks in the theatre drooling over my shoulder at the screen.

Soo much fun =//

Please understand that this series was written geared toward teens, so the sappy plot was one thing but it was a good story, good writing and great series. Stephanie Meyer has definitely made her mark because of it.

The movie might be slightly corny, I had movies that are made from books because books allow you so much freedom to imagine and create, movies are way more closed in that way. I'll definitely see it though.

I agree with what you said azzie, movies usually arent up to par with the books because of imagination but I'm still gonna see it.

I usually see movies first before I read the book so I'm less disappointed, but.... lol.

Like interview with the vampire, I loved that movie and I saw it before I read all the books.

Queen of the damned... not so much. Didn't even go with the book \=

Interview with the vampire was a pretty good movie. Brad pit played an awesome part.

What about queen of the damned??? Did you not like that one danika????

well I liked it, but it didnt portray the book very well. It like skipped through the vampire lestat and everything. I was disappointed, it was still alright but yeah. they shoulda continued the vampire stuff after interview with the vampire, with brad pitt and all them again lol.

yo i cant wait 2 c twilight that movie looks dum bhot! :dope

Topics merged.

Personally, I think that Twilight is a sorry, sorry and poorly-written rehashing of the ages-old vampire plots. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes wrote a better rendition when she was 14.

...but that's just my opinion.

Topics merged.

Personally, I think that Twilight is a sorry, sorry and poorly-written rehashing of the ages-old vampire plots. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes wrote a better rendition when she was 14.

...but that's just my opinion.

I partially agree with you.

Amelia atwater rhodes was my favorite author, I owned all her books when I was younger and I have all the books up to wolf cry? I think that was the last book I bought by her a year or two ago.

I always questioned why THIS book got the spotlight and not amelia, I thought she was an awesome author and her books had more to them.

They turned blood and chocolate into a movie, which I was happy about. But the movie sucked so... lol. Another one of my favorite books.

Twilight is amazing. Its not the best, most epic piece of literature out there, but its easy to read...and the plot is oddly addicting. =]

movie comes out in like a couple weeks. I'm gonna take my little sister to go see it lol

I don't understand how anyone can say it's good writing, I know it's geared towards teenagers...

but that doesn't excuse Meyer from being a terrible writer.

WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW HOW GOOD EDWARD LOOKS ON EVERY FUCKING PAGE.

It's hard to take the book seriously when almost the entire thing from start to finish has Edward being described as 'breathtaking' or 'stunning' or 'spectacular'...

Didn't enjoy the movie, didn't enjoy the first few chapters of the book (had to put it down).

I loved the series(im halfway threw the last one) and i loved the movie I thought it did pretty good portraying the book....i know it skipped alot of stuff but just like the harry potter ones if they didnt the movie would be like 5 hours long. and they was sexy vamps to!!!!

I don't understand how anyone can say it's good writing, I know it's geared towards teenagers...

but that doesn't excuse Meyer from being a terrible writer.

WE DON'T NEED TO KNOW HOW GOOD EDWARD LOOKS ON EVERY FUCKING PAGE.

It's hard to take the book seriously when almost the entire thing from start to finish has Edward being described as 'breathtaking' or 'stunning' or 'spectacular'...

Didn't enjoy the movie, didn't enjoy the first few chapters of the book (had to put it down).

this may be true but you have to remember it's from the point of view of an extremely love struck girl who honestly at the time isnt thinking anything else.....i think it works well to show just how desperatly head over heels bella is

The movie sucked (as expected) and I laughed through-out the whole thing. The acting was over dramatized and very very VERY comical. The script was even more comical. I saw a commercial on it saying its the new titanic and literally fell to the floor laughing. Thats such an insult to Titanic. The director didn't know wtf she was doing.

Side note.

Theres a youtube video + pics of Kristen Stewart (actor playing bella) smoking pot on her front porch.

Way to be a role model to tweens.