Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dier

Graffiti Art!

186 posts in this topic

Very nice on the "Do it" Jstudd

OK, I FINALLY GOT MY SHIT TOGETHER AND THE MOTIVATION TO GO THROUGH ALL MY BOOKS (WHAT BOOKS I HAVE LEFT) AND PIC OUT DRAWINGS THAT WOULD GO HERE. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE GRAFFITI, AND SOME WEREN'T DRAWN BY ME (BUT I WILL DO ANOTHER POST WITH THEM)

-note... not all graffiti is paited/drawn words-

THESE HERE WERE DRAWN BY ME...

SAYS "NYC"

IPB Image

SAYS "SX"

IPB Image

JUST THE LETTER S AND IT SAYS TO THE RIGHT "history has a way of repeating itself" , "simplicity is the root of stupidity"

IPB Image

SAYS "RULES" BUT I LIKE IT BECAUSE OF THE S, OOH AND LOOK A COOKIE!

IPB Image

SAYS "CH. 3 LOVE"

IPB Image

SAYS "CH. 7 BOY NAMES" PICKING OUT NAMES FOR MY SON

IPB Image

MY VERSION OF A DEMENTED BAT...THING

IPB Image

SOME ODD DRAWING I DID WHILE PLAYING CONKERS BAD FUR DAY

IPB Image

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAV'S

SAYS "THE WORLD IS A TECHNO SONG, WHETHER IT BE HOUSE, JUNGLE, DRUM N BASS, OR GABBER. THERE IS ALWAYS A RHYTHM & BEAT THAT FADES IN & OUT OF DIFERENT SUROUNDINGS & EMOTIONS"

IPB Image

i like that odd drawnig!

HERE ARE THE ONES i DiDN'T DO. THEY WERE DONE BY MY "SiSTER", DEENA D., RANDOM FACT ABOUT HER: SHE HATES THE WORD "POODY WHOOPIE"

FiRST "BUBBY"

IPB Image

MR. FiX iT

IPB Image

THiS iS A TATTOO i'M GOiNG TO GET THAT SHE DREW ME, "PERSONAL HOE"

IPB Image

i THiNK SHE WAS JUST DOODLiNG WiTH THiS...

IPB Image

JOiNT CHARACTER "FATTY"

IPB Image

WORM THAT SHE WAS "PWOUD" OF

IPB Image

Ok, I've really enjoyed looking at the art on this topic, so I decided to give it a try... These are the first one I've EVER done, so try to be nice :)... And apologies for the pic quality...

Says "JLS"... Stands for Jackson Lake Section. Long story short, a gang I made up as a joke

IPB Image

Says "Plur"

IPB Image

Says "Anti-Emo"

IPB Image

And I did this one today. "Gecko"... My personal fave.

IPB Image

To Co_Ray: I like it, it's different. This is the harshest thing i can muster... practice more (try drawing something you see if you can't come up with new idea's, i know i know that's stealing, but now-a-days, everything is a copy of a copy of a copy, very hard to be orriginal), but nice none-the-less, gecko is pretty cool.

To Kyle: Sketchy... very sketchy, not as in looks like you almost fucked up, but it's a style (used by some aggressive skaters, skateboarders, and bikers), there are a few handfulls of people who can make the sketchy style look good, i wanna see more dude to get a better idea of what you can do, to see if you have a sketchy style or whether that was just how you drew it. nice dude

Not sure i have a style yet i might try some differant things out, like i saiid thats my first attempt at drawin graffiti. ill try to draw some more though. And hey, i skate/snowboard so it your comment about that works haha.

hey guys, i really want to get into graf art, where can i go to learn? i really want to learn how to draw on paper and use spray cans so i can eventually do detailed murals of stuff i like. problem is, ive never done a single piece of graf art in my life. any suggestions? i dont want to bomb, as its tagging prooperty someone else uses. i only want to hit abandoned stuff when i get skilled enough.

hey guys, i really want to get into graf art, where can i go to learn? i really want to learn how to draw on paper and use spray cans so i can eventually do detailed murals of stuff i like. problem is, ive never done a single piece of graf art in my life. any suggestions? i dont want to bomb, as its tagging property someone else uses with the exception of billboards maybe. i only want to find old unused walls to do extrodinarily detailed pictures of stuff from everyday life.

the most important thing is that you develop your own style. make up some way of putting together your letters that's comfortable for you. just like dancing, you create your own style, your own lettering, your own fills, your own graffiti. how to develop this? well, find something you think is dope, and imitate it. slowly you'll drift away from straight copying, so that you make your own style.

my only advice, and this applies to any and all beginning graff artists, is to give your letters some structures when you first start out. if you try to draw the letters straight, they will tend to go out of proportion and look a little crooked or sloppy. sketch out everything beforehand, lay down the basic lines for everything first.

and like kyle said, just practice.

-CS

OK!!! i have decided to return to my black book and drawn another "good" piece.

Any suggestions on what word/words i should do?

I hate being at a block and wanting to do it.

My art just doesn't come out right when i am blocked.

So i like personal suggestions to help move the "block" a little.

Ima try a few pieces and post them.

write SHAKUHACHI =p [bamboo flute i love]

or KORO KORO [shake.tremble when playin]

write SHAKUHACHI =p [bamboo flute i love]

or KORO KORO [shake.tremble when playin]

I shall attempt at both of those ginseng.

But i did just finish a piece, also just finished photo'ing it.

This may bring a tear to some eyes. :sm_biggrin:

It started out in pencil...

IPB Image

Then I used a fine tip pen, and then erased what wasn't needed...

IPB Image

Then I used a "smudge" pen (good for SOLID lines), signed, dated, dedicated.

IPB Image

:EDiT: IT SAYS "SPiN" :END EDiT:

And I do believe this is the first posted, in the new version, piece dedicated to GS.c. I am going to continue to work on it and probably get it tatt'd on me, just because I am actually proud of this.

Oh please do me one favor when commenting on this: If/if not you like it, please tell me WHY, what about it, preferably in detail (doesn't have to be).

SO ENJOY GS.c, ANYONE AND EVERYONE!!!

-MOON- -SKiP- -DiZZY BOi-

yea, i haven't been inspired lately. i did make one a week ago and would have put it up but i don't have a digi cam no more now that i'm away at college XD.

but yea, that piece looks great! very consistent with your style. i'd like to see it colored though.

ive started doodling graffiti in the margins of my notes while im in class... its starting to get KIND of better than what it used to be lol... ill try and photograph/scan my progress so fars...

but you guys are all very talented! shiet... it made me want to try lol... = (

THE REVIVAL OF THE GRAFFITI THREAD!!

IPB Image

This one says "MY WORDS" with a stick figure holding my pencil and a Bic pen

IPB Image

And this one says "Aesthetics so very Pleasing"

It was supposed to say "Aesthetically Pleasing" but I ran out of space..

POST YOUR STUFF

-CS

CS!!!!!!!!!! man. how's it going buddy. i haven't talked to you in forever. i love your pencil char. haha. you're good with characters man. January - February = Hitting up the metal yards (freight trains) woot. so new pieces to be posted after that. plus my friend from Odessa, TX is coming down. and bringing me some more caps and some beltons!!!!! woot here's his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/crukwon check it out =)

woot my fave thread of all times imma hit up a few people and ill post some flicks or productions in our blackbooks... :):)

damn, that's some pretty sick graffiti art... anyone wanna make graffiti me a new sign? haha, j/k...