Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JiN

South Korea

19 posts in this topic

It looks like this entire subforum is exclusively Australia people, but since the next chapter in my life is going to be in korea i wanted to know if there were any gs.c people currently in korea. if so, where?

anyone know about the scene over in korea? if it's anything like what i saw during my time in japan and china then i know it's alive and kicking. anyone know of any sites or promotion companies that operate in korea that can point me in the right direction? :smart:

I've always been curious about the scene over in Korea. I've never found anything about it when I looked.

Let me know if you find anything out. :)

is this jin? the one thats good at tutting and tossing?

Well, assuming the Army gives me my orders soon, I will be in Yongsan, Korea for two years.

Lol I've been stationed there (it was long ago), but they have a massive scene down in (what we call) area 3. I can't remeber the name of the town but I remember that alot of the L.A. kids with fam still in Korea go there to stick. Sasquatch, if your going to Yougsan, its in Seoul, the capitol of South Korea. Ask around.... You never know who knows where to go there.

im from australia. but I LOVE KOREANS!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!. I watch so many Kdrama LOL

sounds like a journey .. i would so wanna travel and find other scenes in other countries, if i were to back to malaysia for a vacation, def would bring few sets of ultras home with me

theres lots of koreans in korea

That had to have been one of the most pointless posts Ive seen on GSC. Lol

So I am JUST NOW getting orders for Korea. I was being held for medical/pt reasons, and actually had a discharge processing when I went home for Christmas. Come back from leave and my sergeant calls me aside and tells me Im going to Camp Casey. So Ill be a bit north of Seoul. Ill be over there early February.

That had to have been one of the most pointless posts Ive seen on GSC. Lol

So I am JUST NOW getting orders for Korea. I was being held for medical/pt reasons, and actually had a discharge processing when I went home for Christmas. Come back from leave and my sergeant calls me aside and tells me Im going to Camp Casey. So Ill be a bit north of Seoul. Ill be over there early February.

im currently in south korea

Im a few hours from Seoul but i have partied up tehre on the weekends a few times.

Currently Club Mass and club Eden are your best bets for glowsticking/strining, i saw some sticks at eden but no strings.

So if your in South Korea and you want to go to the Electroncia clubs, you gotta go to Gangnam, Thats where the clubs are, Oh, and avoid teh Juicy Bars.

Goodluck.

the last time i was in korea i visited my grandparents and sum cousins

but i wasnt stringing yet

i didnt see a single glowstick though and i was there for 3 weeks

maybe i was just a noob at spotting them but idk

So far Ive been out here in SK for just under two months, and I have yet to see anywhere selling glowsticks. Military stores, or civilian stores. Sigh..

Well since this seems to be the only area for glowstickers in SK. I will post here. I am now living in SK from Georgia in the US. I now live in Uijeongbu city which is just north of Seoul. I can freehand and string a little bit but im not that good. I am also looking for places where people go to glowstick. any electronica or techno clubs in Seoul would be cool. Does anyone know of any good places aside from the ones mentioned in the forum previously?

okay just btw im being serious

South Korea is awwwwwsome!!!! you go out side ur home and you'll see at least one tent outside serving korean food that is just out of this world. Seoul is kinda like L.A. a whole bunch of lights parties and a bunch of fun. Also if you see some kids drinking the the restaurants don't bother calling the cops or talking to the manger. No one really cares if kids drink as longs as there with there parents. Also going hiking there is like no other experience. you get to hike in nice soft but firm dirt thats super easy on your legs. and drinking from the water falls is awwsome. then at the very end theirs usually a Buddhist temple there in which you can walk around and just be in awwww.

On the other note. Im not trying to scare you or anything. Never walk alone at night! especially if your foreigner and/or a teenager. Theirs a bunch of kids that think that there gangsters and will mug you on the street. If they look a little older they ARE military trained. I know this because it has happened to me more than once. first time i was with my brother(18 at the time) and i was 13. we gave them our money and just left us alone. 2nd time i was with my 6ft 10 in friend and his other 6ft 6 in brother. so nothing happened.you can call the cops but usually they go over to the spot where u said they have left already.

oh yeah if you make an honest effort in trying to communicate to the people in Korean, most people's faces will light up in respect for you and really try and help you out. also theirs this number you can call the can translate for you. also speak english. All the girls will rush over to you and be like OOOOOO u speak english????

When i was there i dont remember seeing anyone with glowsticks at all. i was 16 and i think i just started glowsticking. It was more of a family trip so i didnt get to explore much on my own so i dont really know much about it.

Ive lived in korea for the first 6 years of my life so yeah... and visited 2 summers ago

Hmm. In Korea right now. Ansan to be exact. Message me people and let find somewhere to stick. I actually want to learn how to poi and such. So yeah. I hope someone else from the site is in Korea now.

Hmm. In Korea right now. Ansan to be exact. Message me people and let find somewhere to stick. I actually want to learn how to poi and such. So yeah. I hope someone else from the site is in Korea now.

Man, I wish I glowstuck back when I visited Korea. I can't wait to visit again. ^^

Ohh i need to get my hands on some glowsticks actually..Also...need to start researching poi XP

will be in Osan for a few days in July and Aug :)

I don't know where Osan is, but if you find yourself in Seoul during the weekends let me know! What's your e-mail addy, buddeh?