Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

Crews, Highschool, performances, future.

182 posts in this topic

I'm going to have to apologize for what I said again. I feel like I started the posts after that :/

but I agree with GSC none the less :)

Hatboy, Truely I am beyond why the people got booted. Take it like the Darwin awards of the board. They did something stupid wouldn't own up to it and stay civil about it so they got tossed. Done deal, no point arguing this as well, because nothing is going to change about it. You didn't really start anything, IMO.

Yaa/Tico

This manifesto to me read, "how you can keep yourself from having to explain that you are not on drugs", okay a little stretch but stick with me on this. We have x0,000 members of this community. If a percentage was taken on how many of the members abused drugs (alcohol I count with this, its not I had a beer but 24 and couldn't walk afterwards) at these events we would probably find it is low. I don't know, maybe 5%, I could wager with under 10%. I believe that would speak volumes about our community and the fact that we aren't about the drugs.

Truthfully, DJs and promotors don't really care about removing drug use, they have done their part by banning glow products. Follow the dollars, if Tiesto wasn't making multi-millions in arenas and huge venues he would be spinning these festivals. He may not like it becuase of the glow toys, but he wouldn't stop spinning.

If we want to change the public perception, you have to get to the public. Its very difficult to make a difference from your bedroom. I would help but I have work to do.

:P

As usual, this is an opinion which does not necessarily reflect on the community. But I would like to think I have been very succinct regarding this topic. I would gladly discuss this more if cynic, cleric, or other supporters want to but it doesn't make sense to debate where the community stands on these items if the people who make those decisions aren't involved. I do believe that this is a community with the best of intents in its core/heart.

Thanks,

_Dave

OMFUCKINGG.

the word YOU below is not directed towards any one person...but everyone.

I personally don't care if future generations are aggressive as long as they are aggressive for the right things.

This "manifesto" was not labeled this by me.

That whole first post was a rant after dealing with multiple individuals with multiple problems within the course of a few hours.

I still stand by the if you don't like it gtfo out mentality.

I also stand by don't judge a whole site by a few individuals mentality.

Hate me. Hate me all you want. I do not care.

Maybe seeing everything I have to say in 1 spot can rub a person the wrong way. Some people who hear me speak the words don't see the aggression in the words but the passion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave said before lets make the change in our own backyard before we try to go and change peoples perceptions outside the parties.

I've said before that this is not a goal we have set to achieve tomorrow, or next week. It's a long term goal. THE FUTURE.

I can understand people not understanding that. Doesn't mean you have to leave. But it doesn't mean you have to stick around and just be an instigator either.

If you don't understand me. ASK ME.

I wasn't always root admin. WTF is that anyway? It's a title. I'm a glowsticker. If you feel you can't talk to me about an issue you have that's your own problem. I'm as accessible as they come.

I had a really witty re-tort post, but I'll pass on posting it as it would lose the genuine message of the post.

I would still like to help with this relaying the art to my surrounding area when I achieve mediocre (spell check FTW) skill level . Are the meets in individual regions set up by supporters in certain locations? Most of the posts in the regionals are NY and CA based posts.

_Dave

I personally don't care if future generations are aggressive as long as they are aggressive for the right things.

can peace be brought about through aggression?

can peace be brought about through aggression?
Passion is aggression. If people are passionate about what they love, they will hold true to their believes no matter what challenges or obstacles they may face. Those who stay passionate propagate their passion onto those who view them as rolemodels, and the cycle continues.

Passion is aggression.

by what definition?

A quick dictionary search defined aggression as:

1) a disposition to behave aggressively

2) a feeling of hostility that arouses thoughts of attack

3) violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked

4) the act of initiating hostilities

5) deliberately unfriendly behavior

but defined passion as:

1)a strong feeling or emotion

2)heat: the trait of being intensely emotional

3)rage: something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"

4)mania: an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action

5)a feeling of strong sexual desire

6)love: any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";

7)the suffering of Jesus at the Crucifixion

Both are similar, but the difference lies in that to be aggressive, there has to be an element of hostility, violence and negativity

Think of it this way. Name something you are passionate about. Do you give it up easily? If someone offends your passion, doesn't that beget aggression, however minutely? Thus, if someone is passionate about something, if they give their all to something, why shouldn't the aggressively seek to propagate the RIGHT ideals.

Note that. RIGHT ideals.

True, someone can be blindly aggressive. That is just stupidity. But when someone is vehement, passionate, aggressive in making sure the facts are made irrefutably clear, like Cleric does, that is how the colors of right and wrong separate, and make a stance.

Don't like how passionately or vehemently or aggressively someone pursues the art? That's an issue you should take up between yourself and them. Maybe come to an understanding of where they stand, in the end, agree to disagree, or gain their passion, or just let the issue rest with your own contrary opinion. But don't try and make it a public spectacle.

You originally asked, "Can peace be brought about by aggression?" My answer is yes. Aggression stems from passion. If everyone can come to understand everyone else's passions, accept that as that person's passion, and respect it, though they may not agree with it, then everything is peaceful.

Yes, Peace can be brought about through Aggressive actions. I don't really see what this has to do with the site's stance on Crews, High School and Performances. If I were John Henry I'd derail threads all day too, but I'm not...so I don't.

You guys aren't even correctly arguing the point he was making...what Cleric was saying is that his words aren't meant to be taken as a form of aggression (meaning a direct attack since you have definitions present), but rather the passion he feels for the artform he practices and the community he protects (again, thanks for the definition).

Not all the posts in the regionals are NY and CA based...unless of course you are in the Eastern Section or the Western Section. And, even then I have an Ohio Meet Up Thread AND a Breaking State Boundaries thread with Katt. If you want to have a meet up then have one...send the messages, make the plans, put up the cash, find the rooming, and do the leg work. You don't have to be staff or a regional rep to hold a meet up. Yes, the regional reps should and will help you, but you don't need the green title.

what Cleric was saying is that his words aren't meant to be taken as a form of aggression (meaning a direct attack since you have definitions present), but rather the passion he feels for the artform he practices and the community he protects (again, thanks for the definition).
Wow, that summed it up better than I did. Thanks Yaaqob

Like someone ( I believe an American president, but I'm not sure) once said: "In matters of fashion, go with the current. But in matters of Principle, stand like a rock"

This is how I see Cleric's actions/comments and I support them.

Cheers

Here here tico... but I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne, "Let my armies be the rocks, the trees, and the birds in the sky."

What a perfect way to work Indiana Jones into a thread.

But I think we have completely bludgeoned this one now.

Cleric, you are able to say things that I wanted to but couldn't put into words.

For that, I thank you. :3

Like someone ( I believe an American president, but I'm not sure) once said: "In matters of fashion, go with the current. But in matters of Principle, stand like a rock"

This is how I see Cleric's actions/comments and I support them.

Cheers

I second this.

just wondering, but how do you even battle with glowsticks? o.O

I always pictured a Final Fantasy style thing going down.

Maybe thats because I'm an uber nerd. xD

lol... kinda want to make an anti-battling video now.

-runs off to find camera-

There is an anti battling vid. I want to say there are two...check under xxxclericxxx on YouTube.

this is thee best topic post i have ever seen. im not much for reading lmao but when it comes to stuff here at gs.c i love to read thank you so much cleric! not only a god at glowsticking and your crazy ass string manips but at clarifying all this macho a$#hole bullshit thats floating around about the site and glowsticking

i am kind of new here, but i was wondering has anyone tried on performing in groups in which tricks could work with other ppl, such as a two person airwrap or some creative?

soooooooo true...i agree fully w/you here..

i am kind of new here, but i was wondering has anyone tried on performing in groups in which tricks could work with other ppl, such as a two person airwrap or some creative?

My friends and I have accidentally done this before. We'd be practicing, get too close, and end up doing an orbital airwrap on accident. It's funny how that works sometimes. xD

this is probably THE MOST controversial topic, to me, on the site. so, its confession time, i guess. before i even joined this site and knew of its ideals, i loved glowstringing/sticking, so i was at a school dance and, regrettably, i glowsticked (not well i might add, but anyway).

bad move

my apologies. now i only string at meetups, when i can get out to them, or for close friends and family, for the purpose of pure enjoyment. everyone is very artistic in my life, so they understand when i explain the ideals to them. and most importantly, for myself (in the most non selfish way possible)and passion for this.

yeah.

-Jay

this is probably THE MOST controversial topic, to me, on the site. so, its confession time, i guess. before i even joined this site and knew of its ideals, i loved glowstringing/sticking, so i was at a school dance and, regrettably, i glowsticked (not well i might add, but anyway).

Noworries You've learned from your mistake and GSC is here to embrace you with open arms, Enjoy the site and how to see you posting.

i love this site.

i love everybody on it.

some admins scare me.

and as a "new generation" member, i know nothing of what you oldschool guys speak of as "underground stuff," but it sounds like a blast. i cant help when i was born, but im sure not going to spend my time wishing i was born 10, 20 years earlier. gotta live with what you got.

anyway, hope i raised no tensions or made a bad name for myself through this post.

-jay

i love this site.

i love everybody on it.

some admins scare me.

and as a "new generation" member, i know nothing of what you oldschool guys speak of as "underground stuff," but it sounds like a blast. i cant help when i was born, but im sure not going to spend my time wishing i was born 10, 20 years earlier. gotta live with what you got.

anyway, hope i raised no tensions or made a bad name for myself through this post.

-jay

That baby scares me

That baby scares me

lol, nice. do u know where i can go to figure out how i can make one of those personal things some people have? those are really cool.

lol, nice. do u know where i can go to figure out how i can make one of those personal things some people have? those are really cool.

Try requesting one in the Signature Request Thread. There's usually lots of people willing to make one for you.