Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

Crews, Highschool, performances, future.

182 posts in this topic

If your in a crew. Please leave. Thank you.

I don't care if we found out your a crew through someone.

If you posted it on another site.

We don't support crews here. Period.

When you grow up and realize how childish your being maybe you will be welcomed back.

I'm not here to fight with you about it. If you know your doing something against the site rules then just leave and don't argue and cause a scene when your found out.

Dont quote PLUR to me as your basis for forming a crew. That just makes you sound even sillier.

When you who are in crews or those who want to be best realize that Glowsticking.com is not the entity that thought of this first maybe you'll be welcomed back.

The scene was created to not have crews, have gangs, to have some one trying to be the best.

Many of you probably don't realize that and thats what is so sad. The "scene" has been watered down so heavily over the years by various outside influences that it has turned into something that allows these people another venue to show off and alienate others.

"but we get down with everyone" - you do not get down with everyone. You do not speak to everyone at the party. You do not know everyone at the party. That is a silly statement. As your rolling with your "crew" you might be intimidating others who are shy and dont know how to approach people. They may get the wrong impression of you and have a negative view of the party. Some people cant approach people in large groups.

"they are my best friends" - no one is saying they cant be your best freinds. Why you feel it necessary to call yourself something is something i will never understand. Maybe if i was still a teenager in this age of Americas Best Dance Crew and urban dance influenced styles where everyone feels the need to call themselves by a crew name and rep i would understand.

But my ideals are built on what the RAVE scene was originally. When it was something pure. When people didn't compete with others or separate themselves. When they statement "I GET DOWN WITH EVERYONE" did happen. Because at every party everyone was a friend as soon as you walked in the door.

---------------------------------------------------

Another thing i love is when people condemn a whole website based on a few peoples words and actions. "everyone on gsc is this or that " or "everyone on gxg is this or that"

I HATE the owners of gxg with a passion. Because they lied so much in the beginning. There are still threads on that website about competitions that they look the other way about.

Disc0stew

Do I hold anything against it's MEMBERS who just found the site through chance? NO.

Everyone on gsc is not one thing or the other. So if a Admin or moderator contacts you about something dont go running to other sites saying GS.c is one thing or the other. You can say, CLERIC did this or that. I dont care. But don't talk bad about the whole site because I wanted to contact you about something.

But unlike other sites on the internet (not singling anyone out) we hold tight to what we believe and what we built this site on.

We are unwavering in these beliefs.

Why are we unwavering? You guys are nazis. --- Godwins law states the second you refer to the other person as a nazi you have officially lost the argument because you have no valid points left.

We are unwavering because we have seen all the fucked up shit that happens from these outside influences. Physical damage, property damage, peopl feeling alienated, people dropping the art because others OWNED them at a party, whole scenes getting burned out.

Why would we abandon our roots? The roots that have made so many members on this site meet other members and become freinds. The roots that have brought people together and formed genuine relationships that have led/could lead to marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A website can be whatever you want it to be. If you want drama you will get it. If you want to just have fun you can do that 2.

If your a member and you dont agree with our rules about crews, competitions, and talent shows, and stringing in HS, thats not cool with us. It's those same people who seem to feel that gsc isnt a friendly place to be.

Those who agree with us on those issues seem to have the greatest times of their life through meeting others on this website.

It's the fact that your meeting people with the same core beliefs that brings you together with the person so much more then if it were simply playing with glowsticks. I have met people of completely different walks of life who have the same core beliefs as me and we hit it off right from the start.

So if your one of those people who love to battle or compete or do talent shows and you feel like you dont have much in common with people at GSc meets....well thats why. We don't like any of those things. So it's going to be more difficult for us to relate from the start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arent elitist. We dont care if you can do a weave or not or a handstall or not. Everyone is welcome to come join us at meetups. We just hope you share the core beliefs that we do.

We dont like those that will just take the art and use it for personal gain. Whether it's monitory or simply for status in their general area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know for a fact some people are going to read this wall of text and completely miss the point and think more negative things but maybe those people should just reread it and take 5 minutes to think

"is what they want the scene and people to be like really that bad?"

You see what we speak of is PLUR without having to resort to the use of the acronym. Maybe that's why people get confused. If i added that word a million times in that wall up there would people understand my point better?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GSC CULTURE

This is another thing that bugs people from what I've heard is "gsc culture". I'm aware a lot of people just pay this lip service. They say they follow it just to stay on the site. Why? Why is this site so important to you that your going to lie to everyone here?

Do you think this site would be what it is had not the "culture" been followed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Performances

I really dont think performances should be done outside of clubs or raves.

If you do a performance outside a rave you should do a fucking speach about what your doing

Why should you give a speach? - Do you honestly think your doing anything to not perpetuate the stereo type of glowsticks = drugs? Your audience doesnt know SHIT about the art because your not telling them. People in your audience might start simply for the fact they want to be on stage like you and be getting people screaming OMG YOUR HOT, and I WANT TO HAVE YOUR GLOW BABIES...you know what i mean. Your stipulation on doing the performance is having to tell people about the art and try to kill stereotypes. That is my thought on it at least.

People talk about breaking stereotypes of the glowsticks = drugs a lot. Those who arent speaking about the art before performing are doing nothing to break the stereotype. They are on a fucking stage with tons of people watching, a perfect opportunity , a perfect chance to take advantage of the attention they are receiving. But what do majority do? Nothing they get up there stick , get praise, then get off stage. They talk to the few people who approach them afterward and then say dumb shit like "yeah i spoke to everyone after, everyone knows what it's about".

If you haven't noticed yet i hate it when people say EVERYONE is one thing or another. Thats just dumb. Not everyone is one thing or another. Not everyone likes bread, grapes, glowsticks, trance, and NOT EVERYONE understands your not a fucking drug addict or e-tard by you performing at a church performance, school, or sweet 16.

You are the people who are giving nothing back. You are the individuals who are not helping those people who really do want glowsticking to be respected and not thought of as a drug related art.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glowsticking in school

Reasons for GSc not wanting you to glowstick in highschool are simple. People are immature. You may think your classmates are mature at this point in your life but wait a few years after HS and your going to look back and realize how immature people really were.

You can explain what your doing to people till your face turns blue but they will just laugh with their friends and make fun of you. ESPECIALLY if your already an outcast. This art isnt going to make you cooler so the cool kids like you. They will if nothing else hate on your more because your an outcast taking attention away from them.

Following along with the immaturity thing, is the fact that then people want to think of a cool name for their group of friends *cough gag *crew *cough* ,because that's what you see all over MTV now a days.

Some live in small towns that teachers do have a strong influence over a persons future or are very judgmental on little things. You glowsticking is possibly making them think you are a druggy, people talk, rumors start, your only screwing over your future by making a public spectacle of the art.

There are no 100% guarantees any of these things will happen to you. But over the past 6 years i've seen these things happen over and over and over and over. The rules about this are set to avoid these negative things from happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What things are based on.

GSc culture is based on the rave culture. Not the washed down highly promoted nonsense that fills the scene now (parties, festivals). Raves were not always as in your face as they are now. They were harder to find. They were more of a family when you went to a party. People shared with each other more. They expressed themselves freely without being judged.

What part of that doesn't seem oddly familiar to the way we do things on this site?

We are a all closely knit. We share what we know to anyone who asks. We keep it less in the public eye simply because it's not ready to be. All to go back to what i said earlier. Anyone who is determined to do performances and doesn't give some sort of speach is not doing anything positive for the art. We do NOT want Americas Best Glowsticking Crew to be a show. We do not want to see infomercials for "the latest craze hitting america...GLOWSTICKING". We are trying to take a gradual approach to things so it can gain the respect it deserves without it being watered down and turned into something ugly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope for the future.

People from gsc will grow up have kids and those children will be blessed by learning about the art as a positive thing. Not a drug related thing. Some people from this site might become important figures in the future and can help shape laws and the way parties are looked at in their community.

Maybe this is to idealistic for some to understand because it's not a short term goal. It's another reason we are so steadfast in defending our rules and "culture". We know where we started, we know where we would like it to end up. How we get there is based on the way the members of this site behave and treat the art.

So if this is all to much for you to handle there are plenty of sites that are more "party " sites, where no one gives a shit about anything.

I am personally proud to be part of a site that wants to achieve a greater goal in the future, albeit distant future.

There is nothing left that needs to be said. Well put cleric.

I've seen GSC bring together members as lovers (to the point of getting married!) and as life long friends. GSC is standing it's ground and I'll be there to help. Crews just bring everything down.

i totally understand were it is ur cuming from and totally agree.......... thier is just one part if you dont mind to help me understand the whole stringing at schools thing because back in the day when i was in high school id rave at my fashion shows and it was a big hit to my school. alot of people i no started stringing because of that... yea most of them just died out but it got people practiceing and wanting to get better and comited. but im not saying im with it i just want to fully understand your point of veiw.. thank you

i totally understand were it is ur cuming from and totally agree.......... thier is just one part if you dont mind to help me understand the whole stringing at schools thing because back in the day when i was in high school id rave at my fashion shows and it was a big hit to my school. alot of people i no started stringing because of that... yea most of them just died out but it got people practiceing and wanting to get better and comited. but im not saying im with it i just want to fully understand your point of veiw.. thank you

Your own experiences speak about exactly why it's not encouraged. The people that started did so for the wrong reasons (to look cool) and most of them didn't bother to stick with it, so it wasn't really about doing something they enjoyed it was about looking cool.

I guess lots of people may start for the wrong reasons but you definitely can tell the people that really enjoy it based on who is still doing it a year, two years, or even ten years later.

People that join crews usually end up in that same place for similar reasons - it's not for love of the art but for love of the applause.

There are people who do it for many reasons.

Some from your school might have started because they loved the art, some probly got into it cause it cause it looked super cool and would make them look uber cool.

More often then not it's because of the second one. These are the same people who are going to want to practice only to look cool and when someone comes along who are better they get uptight about it.

This is what we are trying to avoid.

If you want another wall of text about that i can do it. lol

In my words of opinion,"Fuck Crews!"

i couldnt agree more towards what cleric has to say about crews. i mean this community isnt based on crews. when you single your self out like "hey this is my crew" you are basicly excluding your self from all the other gs.c members... atleast that would be my understanding of it if i were to hear it from someone in the community. THERE FOR CLERIC, you couldnt explain the crew thing more perfect,for that my friend PROPS... now, who wants to join my crew..lmao..j/k.

Off topic conversation was deleted. Let's not take away from the importance of this thread.

Thank you for posting what a lot of us were screaming on the inside.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

very well written ^^

i loved every second of it.

you mean every word of it xD =]

lol..

mr cleric sir well done =] :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy:

you mean every word of it xD =]

lol..

mr cleric sir well done =] :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy:

errrr, yes... word. lol xD

All I'm going to say is,being in a crew isn't worth jack shit.Too many instigators think that topping one another would be the right thing to do and there's too many ego pricks that keep thinking they're the shit cause they know more moves than that person.If someone went in the circle while one of your so called "friends" would tell you to go in and top that person,that wouldn't be a friend.Its just an instigator thats saying shit just to make someone go in and look like an idiototic fool of themselves.

Then,there's the ego pricks that think they know better than one another (Which really makes me tired of seeing) are just too pin headed to think they're the shit cause they can do this move while the other person can't.This is what kills the stringers confident and soon quit because one puts them down.Its better to be who you are and realize whats going to happen after a battle.Yeah,there will be handshaking after a battle,but who's going to be thinking they won and who's going to quit later because of the losses?

-Its just not worth being in a crew if you want to get burned.

:inmyopinion: For anyone that is in a crew,should fuck off the site or grow up..

the title sucks. we should add to it a little and call it the "GSC MANIFESTO, BY COMRADE CLERIC"

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Seconded. haha!

Wow. Well said Cleric. I haven't read through a long post like in that in a while.

And Dave you're mad funny.

Amen CLeric

Amen.

i think that message for backup from the Submarine got to him just in time. :dope