Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHEWY

METAL MUSIC

41 posts in this topic

i was into Dimmu Borgir ,Cradle of filth, Gwar, a job for a cowboy, anything heavy cuz i kinda like all kinds of metal:)

Yeah I like stuff like 36 Crazyfists, Misery Signals, Slayer, Children of Bodom, all that. Metal's so sick sometimes.

I think I'm more towards "metalcore" as the kids say around here lol.

lol I used to really be into metal. and japanese metal bands... hahahahaha...

that was a long time ago. My bestfriend is really into it right now though (=

Children of Bodom, In Flames, Rammstein, Korn, Nightwish, etc :biggrin2:

lol I used to really be into metal. and japanese metal bands... hahahahaha...

that was a long time ago. My bestfriend is really into it right now though (=

lol Dir en grey, L'Arc en Ciel.. All good bands yo =p

lol Dir en grey, L'Arc en Ciel.. All good bands yo =p

HELL YES. But, I'm not an active J-music fan anymore. I'm not sure if bands like Dir en Grey, Pierrot, Psycho le Cemu, & other visual kei bands count as metal, though, because they change things up a lot. L'arc~en~Ciel has been very hit-or-miss, some great songs, though!

Symphonic metal's my love!

Within Temptation (although they tried too hard to go mainstream with "The Heart of Everything". Whatever, Sharon den Adel is still my idol. "In & Out Of Love" with Armin, anyone?!), Kamelot, Nightwish (Tarja-days mostly, although I love Anette too), and Apocalyptica!

Oh god, I like wayy too much metal. When I was a little kid my parents made me listen to iron maiden, slayer, anthrax, judas priest, metallica, ect....

But now as far as metal goes, I listen to a lot of different kinds. I play drums and metal is the genre I stick to. I listen to a lot of Abigail williams, as blood runs black, whitechaple, between the buried and me, all shall perish, all that remains, blah blah blah the list goes on forever =D

HELL YES. But, I'm not an active J-music fan anymore. I'm not sure if bands like Dir en Grey, Pierrot, Psycho le Cemu, & other visual kei bands count as metal, though, because they change things up a lot. L'arc~en~Ciel has been very hit-or-miss, some great songs, though!

Symphonic metal's my love!

Within Temptation (although they tried too hard to go mainstream with "The Heart of Everything". Whatever, Sharon den Adel is still my idol. "In & Out Of Love" with Armin, anyone?!), Kamelot, Nightwish (Tarja-days mostly, although I love Anette too), and Apocalyptica!

Ewww Tarja was a bitch!

What about Blind Guardian, Falconer, Luca Turilli, DragonForce, etc.?

Dude I can go on forever...

Three inches of blood, Demonlord, Cruachan, Finntroll, Darkmoor, Sonata Arctica, Edguy...god I love metal!

i got more

Mayhem, Darkthrone, Nargaroth, Frost Like Ashes, Wolves In The Throne Room, Moon, Xasthur, Levithan, Mord, Abigor, Aborym, Absu, Abysmal Dawn, Agalloch, Agathodimon, Akercokce, Anaal Nathrakh, Arcturus, Asmegin, Bal- Sagoth, Bathory, Venom, Belphegor, Black Witchery, Blut Aus Nord, Borkagar, Burzum, Carpathian Forst, Catholicon, Celtic Frost, Chtonic, Dark Funeral, Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dissection, Emperor, Enslaved, Falkenbach, Goatwhore, Gorgoroth, Graveworm, Horna, I, Ihsahn, Immortal, Impaled Nazarene, Judas Iscariot, Kapmfar, Keep Of Kalessin, Kult ov Azazel, Marduk, Libonic Art, Myrkskog, Mystic Circle, Naglfar, Nattfrost, Necrophobic, Nokturnal Mortum, Old Man's Child, Rotting Christ, Sargeist, Satanic Warmaster, Satyricon, Secrets Of The Moon, Setherial, Sieburgen, Sign, Summoning, Summon, Taake, Taarma, Tsjuder, Tulus, Craft, Horned Almighty, Ved Buens Ende, Vesania, Von, Watain, Wintersun, 1349, Moonblood

and thats just black metal lol.

Ewww Tarja was a bitch!

Yeahhhh, she was a bitch, and Anette is infinitely more chill, but Tarja just had an ethereal air around her and her sheer vocal talent was amazing. Anette doesn't have the mastery that she does, even if I like her. So musically, I'm still more affected by Tarja. & as a vocalist with basic classical training, I'm like "ooooooh!" XD

STOLEN BABIES

Trivium

Disturbed

A7X

Atreyu

As I Lay Dying

Danger Gang.

Dir en Grey was an all time fave of mine. Saw 'em at Family Values '06 and during their 'Inward Scream' tour last year. Bodom, Lamb of God, Trivium.... I was into the local metal scene too. There were a lot of really good pits and some really good friends who later dragged me into electronic music. o.0 ^_^

I loooove dir en grey

all time

fav

jrock

band

/sex

i saw atreyu live bout 2 years ago with 18 visions and autumn to ashes lol i havent heard them ever since lol imma go see there new stuff

Between the Buried and Me

amazing musicians

they know their instruments inside and out

soo much skill in that band

i listen to morbid angel, psycroptic, decapitated, behemoth, vital remains, necrophagist, Decrepit birth, Carcass, Impaled. Hate Eternal,Sepultura...and many others

l_382ddbf4b8098b0619fffff7bd719931.png

Cynic_-_Traced_in_air.jpg

Favorite album at this point. Cradle of filth however, may as well could be the worst band ever. On par with these fools:

icp.jpg

Cradle of filth however, may as well could be the worst band ever. On par with these fools:

icp.jpg

Now, I havn't listened to ICP since high school, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them one of the worst bands ever.

I don't know how much ICP you've listened to, but I guarantee I've heard more, and in my opinion Violent J is a very good lyricist!

They also have probably one of the biggest fanbases of any music group in the world. Die hard fans that will kick your ass for talking shit about them. Not even counting the fans of Psychopathic Records' other groups such as Dark Lotus, Twizted, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, ABK and Boondocks! It's more of an army really.

They're obviously doing something right!

l_382ddbf4b8098b0619fffff7bd719931.png

Cynic_-_Traced_in_air.jpg

Favorite album at this point. Cradle of filth however, may as well could be the worst band ever. On par with these fools:

icp.jpg

not everyone is a cradle fan so i knew someone was bound to say that lolol

i'm a big thrash metal fan. i was SOOO diehard about it for about 5 years......up until my frist rave lol. that really opened my mind to other stuff.

anyways, i love fast, thrashing bands like megadeth, exodus, testament, laaz rockit, xentrix, sabbat, exumer, slayer, overkill, onslaught, anthrax, Destruction......i could go on, but you get my point i hope.

there is also an awseome underground thrash scene in LA, so i always get to mosh to music i love. so many good times.

lately i've been getting into heavier, more death/thrash like Obituary, Sepultura, and Sadus.

Cradle of filth is a thousand times better than ICP haha. At least in my opinion!

Some of my favorite metal bands

As I Lay Dying

In Flames

The Black Dahlia Murder

All That Remains

Arch enemy

Bullet for my valentine

Caliban

Chimaira

Catherine (Their old stuff)

Darkest hour

Devildriver