Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody

How To Make An Orbit!

29 posts in this topic

The link doesn't work for me :frown:

Try now, my server has been going up and down lately. Still trying to find out why. :)

o0o0o ive just found out like a few months ago that u(N3W813) made that awesome orbit vid.... the really old ones with 2 rav'ns and a p3 i tihnk.

thats was awesome!!!!!! yea i just wanna tell u how awesome that was. XP

o0o0o ive just found out like a few months ago that u(N3W813) made that awesome orbit vid.... the really old ones with 2 rav'ns and a p3 i tihnk.

thats was awesome!!!!!! yea i just wanna tell u how awesome that was. XP

yah N3W813's video is on myspace/youtube....had saw it on the video section and just was amazed....gonna make me one asap...give my homies some sick lightshows...thanks for the instructions...

btw i liked the video so much its on my page LOL....peace out...

myspace.com/ThatOne760Guy

bRiAN

thanks a ton, i always wondered what those things were and where you can buy them but to find out that you can actually make them is really awesome, i think today when i get home i am going to make one and try it out, all i need are those zip ties, dang that means i have to stop by the grocery store to get them but i think its well worth it

I'm confused... The orbit is one unit then... I see videos of people with two or more stringing photons make them into one orbit, I think... Maybe I'm wrong. Clarification?

I'm confused... The orbit is one unit then... I see videos of people with two or more stringing photons make them into one orbit, I think... Maybe I'm wrong. Clarification?

those might be orbitals instead of photons orbits is my guess. :sm_sleep:

so would i be able to make an orbit with 3 inova micro lights?

what colors are the prettiest 3 colors to use when making an orbits?

Whatever colors you find. Most any 3 different colors u use will turn white when they go fast. I use red green and blue b/c they are easiest to find.

Innovas may work, but not well, and they arn't as good as others because the LED in them in kind of... how do you say.. closed in.. the light bulb does not poke out from the base when you look at it sideways... therefor a lot of the effect is ruined.

I use these. They are very durable and work best IMHO, notice how the bulb is positioned. Also, you can adjust the brightness which is SWEET. If you make it dimmer, it becomes a dotted line rather than solid, and the dimmer it is the smaller the dot is. http://www.photonlight.com/Photon-Micro-Li...-flashlight.htm

Also, I made one with innovas before and since the little slit where you put the string is so weak and thin, it actually broke and flew across the room. One hit me once and WOW does it hurt... those things have to fly at 50 mph when going at full speed.

Whatever colors you find. Most any 3 different colors u use will turn white when they go fast. I use red green and blue b/c they are easiest to find.

Innovas may work, but not well, and they arn't as good as others because the LED in them in kind of... how do you say.. closed in.. the light bulb does not poke out from the base when you look at it sideways... therefor a lot of the effect is ruined.

I use these. They are very durable and work best IMHO, notice how the bulb is positioned. Also, you can adjust the brightness which is SWEET. If you make it dimmer, it becomes a dotted line rather than solid, and the dimmer it is the smaller the dot is. http://www.photonlight.com/Photon-Micro-Li...-flashlight.htm

Also, I made one with innovas before and since the little slit where you put the string is so weak and thin, it actually broke and flew across the room. One hit me once and WOW does it hurt... those things have to fly at 50 mph when going at full speed.

inovas are extremely easy to modify.

crack open the light (stick somethign small into where the led is and pry, it wont break), and then pry out the inside by putting a small screwdriver or something similar in between the casing and the little black thing.

once thats done you can cut the end off of the case, right above where the clips for the black thing are, and use black electrical on it, and its like a photon :)

also, the leds just pull out, very easily, and its EXTREMELY easy to replace them with other colors from radioshack, online, etc.

i took the led's out of a flashing (x-color) ilumix stick, and they look amazing in the inovas.

:)

the link didnt work for me but this is exactly wat i need plz send me the url i will rlly appriciate it

Anybody have a tutorial for making a 3 light orbit? I'm using 3 regular keychain lights. I tried to put it together but its all wobbly and stuff. There must be a trick to doing this.