Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

high intensities

53 posts in this topic

IPB Image

Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing? Sticks that change colors as they dim... I WANT SOME!

IPB Image

And these last for 10-12 hours. Is jealous of the Japanese Technology...

*continues randomly clicking links at lumicashop.com*

New New New---

Lumica Sticks... In Engrish!

And I just contacted them to see if they got the color changing stix... Me want real bad like.

Edit: DAMN! No international shipping... Ange, ur our only hope :)

i have a few friends that moved to the UK. i can get one of them to purchase them but we'd have to have the money ahead of time. if it makes you all feel better, i could buy a batch for myself first.

EDIT: did you get a reply on the colorchanging sticks? i wouldnt mind picking those up either

nice

has anyone ever been able to get a hold of the infared cyalume's(not high's ) that the military use? the sight says's there not avalibale to the public :search::glowstickaqua::glowstickaqua:

koool!!!

too bad i cant read jap characters and stuff so i didnt know...

No reply yet... I'm starting to get anxious :P

And about the infrared, I found a site that sold them and advertised them w/ civilian grade sticks, but I don't know if you have to have a pass or code to get them. Lol, they don't look like good sticks to stick w/ though- the hook is really awkward.

i've seen the color changing sticks sold online from places here in the states... cant remember where though. but i'm sure you could find 'em.

they have the infrared sticks on ebay all the time. Why would you guys want them though? You can't see them without infrared goggles.

cyalume infrareds

haha understatement of the century right there

If chen says they're good, then they're good. It's up to you if you want to get them. If you could check out those high intensity pinks that'd be awesome.

I've seen those top hooks before. I've gotten some in the past, and just becuase they came all individually wrapped and such, I thought they'd be all ultra like. I was wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, these are going to be much like regular glowsticks. The whole "HIGHINTENSITYWTF" deal is probably just a bargaining and selling tool.

Just my 2

...also!

Hooks don't mean that they are the same type of stick and the ones I have gotten in the past...so I could be very wrong.

I suppose I've said nothing now...

trust me, these aren't the same sticks you've gotten in the past. They aren't available anywhere in america.

I have to agree with Xyphox (Rusty), those Lumica glowsticks are actually pretty good. I tried a pair once a few years ago and I was impressed. It's expensive, so I just stay with the Cyalume ones. If you're in Japan, then it won't be a bad idea to look into these glowsticks.

"6" Regular With Hook

£8.00 per 10 pcs

£20.00 per 25 pcs

Available in green, blue, pink, red, orange, yellow, white, violet, and yellow high intensity"

maybe they jsut mean yellow high intensities but i took it as all the colors are high intensity

nope theres only yellow high's

Available in green, blue, pink, red, orange, yellow, white, violet, and yellow high intensity

sa you can see yellow is already mentioned

chen said he's used the pink hi's and there's pretty good. I'd really like to see a vid of them if anyone ends up getting them.

Hey jeff, when you comming down here again?

Hi guys,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but are there any other comments about Lumica sticks?

The thing is, I've been trying really hard to find cyalumes here in the UK but they cost a fortune, like £1.75 each plus postage!

Lumicas, on the other hand, are cheap. 5x for 5pcs incl delivery on ebay...

Hi guys,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but are there any other comments about Lumica sticks?

The thing is, I've been trying really hard to find cyalumes here in the UK but they cost a fortune, like £1.75 each plus postage!

Lumicas, on the other hand, are cheap. 5x for 5pcs incl delivery on ebay...

Hey Bosium, where do yo live? I live in London and normally order from USA. We could split the shipping costs if you want.

I bought some high intensities from the glow company - http://www.glow.co.uk/ but they aren't quite as good as the ultra's I got. They aren't bad though. Only choices are yellow and orange.

I tried some of the lumicas before and they are strange sticks. I don't like the handles and they weren't that great.

I had the white short duration - they were rubbish and so were the green and blue (I think they were 8 hour though)

Hey Bosium, where do yo live? I live in London and normally order from USA. We could split the shipping costs if you want.

I bought some high intensities from the glow company - http://www.glow.co.uk/ but they aren't quite as good as the ultra's I got. They aren't bad though. Only choices are yellow and orange.

I tried some of the lumicas before and they are strange sticks. I don't like the handles and they weren't that great.

I had the white short duration - they were rubbish and so were the green and blue (I think they were 8 hour though)

Cheers for that, Wannabe. I was just about to order some Lumicas but may hold out on them for now!

I managed to get a lot of 100x cyalumes from a bloke on ebay for £32 incl delivery, mostly green red blue orange in 8/12hr, but also 10x 5min orange ultras and even a few IR's (not sure what good they'll be, maybe fun for photography?). Thing is, I could use some 30-minute sticks which is why I was looking at the Lumicas..

Btw, are all cyalumes hexagonal? They feel a little awkward, but then again I am a complete newbie!

Cheers for that, Wannabe. I was just about to order some Lumicas but may hold out on them for now!

I managed to get a lot of 100x cyalumes from a bloke on ebay for £32 incl delivery, mostly green red blue orange in 8/12hr, but also 10x 5min orange ultras and even a few IR's (not sure what good they'll be, maybe fun for photography?). Thing is, I could use some 30-minute sticks which is why I was looking at the Lumicas..

Btw, are all cyalumes hexagonal? They feel a little awkward, but then again I am a complete newbie!

I bought the GL ultras and I love them (most colours). The aquas are fantastic and the oranges are like fire in your hands. If you can afford it, then you should get some. Like I say, we could split the shipping costs if you're ever in London.

What do you want the sticks for? Are you a freehander or a stringer?