Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aznriceboi1011

glowsticks on plane

33 posts in this topic

If you do it that way just make sure they are wrapped up in cloth, Im just saying that because if they break while they are getting checked or whatever you deside they might break. Just wrapp them so they dont brake and hopefully you get threw i think you could though. I fly alot and i bring some sometimes and they never say anything I just get a shirt or something like that and i wrap them up so i think you will be fine.

yes, most definatly.

my aunt had a suitcase within a suitcase where the glowsticks were in. but that was because of the amount. if u have a few a clear bag will do perfectly :D

i stuck my sticks wraped and unwraped inside a clear 1quart size ziplock bag and it was fine. the TSA allows liquids that are 3.4 oz or less in each container and all of them have to be able to fit a quart size ziplock bag. anything else bigger you have to declare it. they just had to quickly pat me down just to make sure since i passed through the metal detector and everything fine. i saw them look at it my sticks in the x-ray machines thinking what is this lol. thanks alot for your help!

all of them have to be able to fit a quart size ziplock bag. anything else bigger you have to declare it.

what about liter size bags? i heard a rumor you could get away with those.

naw dude dont go for that much. i wouldnt bring that much for a carry on. remember if the person whos checking it says no all of those goes to the trash or where ever they put it. if you want to bring alot for carry on then just unwrape your sticks so you can fit more in the ziplock bag. Otherwise you would have to check it. its only one ziplock bag for each person. you can google tsa and look at the 3-1-1 rule your self. i had put the bag of sticks in another tray or one of those small bowl like things when i put it through the x-ray machine.

lol when i read the topic for this i thought you guys were gonna talk about actually glowsticking in an airplane :P but yea i agreee its better safe than sorry just buy them when you land in cali

plus i dont think its a good idea to talk about ways of sneaking objects into airports :P

I took about 6 pairs of ultras and all my hair products this past weekend..

and my roomate took back 1.75 liters of rum back on the airplane LOL

I put my 20+ sticks in a gallon ziplock bag in my checked baggage, went through 3 or so airports to and from Ultra and had no problems.

I'm finding that airports are quirky about security and stuff in general. Some places kind of stared at me and other places just let things pass through. The time with my glowsticks, one airport kind of gave me a look that said "explain your self or we'll confiscate" and another just let them pass through. It was weird.

I get more irritated when I get pulled aside for random searches, which happened twice when I was in college. Once was when I was about to board the plane at the gate and they were pulling maybe five or six people. I was one of the six. COME ON.

(Not that I'm saying they should turn a blind eye to petite, college/high school aged girls who clearly don't look like they could carry anything heavier than 30 pounds, but really?)