Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mindlesslogic

The Hybrid Revolution

102 posts in this topic

Hehe, second reply, yay I beat knivez! You can add me too!

Ah so that's what a stringhander really is.....

I guess I am one - and I never even knew it!

would i be a hybrid if i (draws in a deep breath) freehand, string, fir poi, sock poi, conjure, use and orbital, astrojaxs and do other types of dance styles that are incorporated into each of the above. (deep breath) B)

so that would make me a stringorbitalhanderonfirewithsocksconjuringastrojaxs

fringer sounds like something you do to that special someone. lol

fringer sounds like something you do to that special someone. lol

and some of the not-so-special ones too...

I guess I would qualify.as a stringhander, then. (Hehe, it means that if I switch between them, I can give the illusion of being able to do more then I actually can. :P)

just got a wicked idea for a vid. must get camera.

I guess i've always been a stringhander haha but I just called it glowsticking instead of glowstringing because doesnt glowsticking mean both styles anyways?

I guess i've always been a stringhander haha but I just called it glowsticking instead of glowstringing because doesnt glowsticking mean both styles anyways?

damn you took the words outta my mouth.

i consider myself a glowsticker, i only use glowsticks but i freehand and glowstring equally so i would say hybrid would mean doing them both at the same time ???, just like bueno! everytime somebody mentions hybrid i think of his style!

hybrid equals awsome glowstick skills and great gas mileage

Yay hybrids!

=D

I'm in your ranks too.

I do both as well, I prefer freehanding any day, though.

I've never seen you string, I had no IDEA! :P

I'm totally hybrid as you guys all saw in the girls comp. I <3 glow arts. I conjure too! Muhahaha.

Hybrids = awesome!

-RG

I've never seen you string, I had no IDEA! :P

I'm totally hybrid as you guys all saw in the girls comp. I <3 glow arts. I conjure too! Muhahaha.

Hybrids = awesome!

-RG

I'm a witness! I saw a bit of him and Pashion switching off for a bit at TAO last year

Brian doesn't freehand...?

i switch off as well. i'm not really great at either yet but i think its more fun to try a lot of new things =D count me in!

hybrid equals awsome glowstick skills and great gas mileage

LMFAO

yes. we need glowsticks and hydrogen to function properly.

aye aye for another string..hander....free....poi.......kitty......pancake..stringer...ma giggy.

Hybrid stringhanders is a no go lol your just changing the name of *glowsticking* If you freehand, your glowsticking, if your stringing, your glowsticking, if your freehanding and glowstringing, your glowsticking. So yeah I'm going to change the word glowsticking into..umm..Combo Orgasmic for now on :(

This new terminology is confusing me. We really need to work things out :(

Maybe decide on one word and stick with it?

I don't think doing both separately should have its own word. We don't need to get too carried away here.. I agree that just saying glowsticker is probably descriptive enough.

I'm fine with hybrid.. I personally think the others sound too odd.

Actually, I don't even really know if we need a word for hybrid just yet. Other then for a few people I haven't seen very many try to push it (freehanding with strings still attached). We didn't start calling people 'manipulators' or anything crazy like that even after full videos started being made filled with manipulations :lol:

Are we going to start calling people 'One-handers' now that everybody is doing one handed stringing? ok, I'm only being half serious here..

I wounder if this is how it happened back in the day before using the words freehanding and glowstringing were decided on?