Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlowRate

Speeding ticket

11 posts in this topic

Sheriff's deputy (motorcycle) was wearing green helmet, green shirt, dark pants, and green motorcycle underneath a large tree, next to a pine tree. JEEZ!

Clocked at : 47

Cited at : 40 (1-10 penalty instead of 10-20)

Cost : $110

$110 is a ton of money for me atm =\

Anyway, I want to do the court thing just because I believe in challenging speeding tickets even if you're 100% guilty, but if the judge can increase my fine based on actual, I'd rather just pay it and be done with it. So I think I'm going to play it safe and just pay the fine.

play it safe, go to traffic school and pay the fine

And dont speed anymore! I don't always agree with the speed limits on certain roads either but the ticket price just isn't worth it.

ive gotten 2 tickets in my life time and both were greatly reduced when i pled guilty. couldve been how i presented myself or maybe the judges were having a good day or maybe they like ppl that dont have excuses im not too sure but if i ever get another ticket im gunna just pled guilty.

dude you guys have any ticket cleanin entities? i mean at least in florida we do, you dont go to court or go to school, just pay a guy to negotiate with the judge (lawyer).

well i have a couple of friends that get speedin tickets constantly and usually they take it to court and the cop never shows up so case is dismissed. but you would be gamblin between gettin the case dismissed and actually gettin a bigger fine for losin the case.

but yeah stop speedin, i mean i never speed where i dont know, i only speed where i normally know that cops will not be usin radars, hahaha they suck at guessin without it.

I got stopped in may for doin 82 in a 65. $180 ticket, and a couple points. Went to court and they offered me a Zero Point ticket. The surcharge for the zero point ticket was $250. So i had to pay $430 for the whole thing. But it was better to pay that than to get the points, because insurance is ridiculous up here. Needless to say, i dont speed anymore.

If I go to traffic school, the points should go away. so yeah if going to court will cost me more, it'd be better to not risk having the cop show up.

you can get it done by a lawyer for $150-300 usually and nothing goes on ur record

My dad doesn't think it matters as long as I don't have over 3 points on my record, so I went ahead and paid it =\

always contest every speeding ticket....worst they can do is to tell you to f off....most times they will reduce it to no points

dude you guys have any ticket cleanin entities? i mean at least in florida we do, you dont go to court or go to school, just pay a guy to negotiate with the judge (lawyer).

well i have a couple of friends that get speedin tickets constantly and usually they take it to court and the cop never shows up so case is dismissed. but you would be gamblin between gettin the case dismissed and actually gettin a bigger fine for losin the case.

but yeah stop speedin, i mean i never speed where i dont know, i only speed where i normally know that cops will not be usin radars, hahaha they suck at guessin without it.

yea my mom got that done for me because i had gotten into 2 accidents, both my fault but no points, and i just recently got a ticket for doing 82 on a 65 in socal and the fine was $372 but i did the online class so no points on me