Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

NEW CONTEST - ANTI BATTLING VIDEO

213 posts in this topic

hey this is my video anti-battle

ahahahaha :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2HHT8xrwF8

Hahaha I don't think hitting or trying to smother the person with a pillow is quite the right response to someone who's trying to battle you, but it sure made me laugh. As Jun0 said, nice effort.

I def see you using their moves..... birdy. Oh wait you added an extra spin that makes it yours now. So when someone else uses it in a video (without claiming it) you get all butthurt.

Come on ted dig another hole for yourself.

The fact they created a lot of moves has nothing to do with anything. Their scene fizzled out because of the childish nonsense they did. They were posers. They did it to fit in to a crowd and be part of something. They didnt care about anything but being better then someone else.

poser From "poseur." This usually refers to someone who attempts to be part of a clique punk, skater, goth, etc. - never preppy, but out of a desire to be recognized as a member of that clique rather than sincerity

clique = crew

Here are some quotes from people on Newraveorder about crews and battles and competition.

we aren't the only people in the world that see things this way. We just happen to take a stronger stance against it.

sorry i havent been on in a while so im mad late.

ure right.

just still feel that every1 should be respected upon their decision to battle or not. if they wanna follow this path and not cause harm to a scene then thats cool. if they have a battle mentality they will eventually grow out of it.

also i wasnt talkin about the HID thing. that turned into all sorts of wrong.

I've got 2 more vids for this on the way, one really nice one and one humorous one. Heard this line in the movie and couldn't resist making a vid out of it lol.

Guest wuxanaXan
Those quotes are very familiar... almost ver batim from another vid I've seen, it seems.

look.

i already acknowledge that i did pull some quotes from joe.

however, the real reason behind this is to promote anti-battling.

i started on mine before i saw his, and i was planning to use quotes.

it wouldnt have made a difference if i saw his vid before or not,

because regardless, theres a chance that we used some of the same quotes,

because we are trying to communicate the same message.

i did this video out of good will.

Seriously.

Everyones gotta stop nit picking at shit and realize the point of this whole thing. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Wilson, you did a great job man, I loved it.

I seriously can't believe the video was removed though, that is absolutely ridiculous.............

To me that's like removing every video that used Cleric's string manipulations without saying he copied them. And Wilson DID acknowledge that he used some.

I say it should be put back up... I still can't believe it was taken down.

Guest wuxanaXan
Seriously.

Everyones gotta stop nit picking at shit and realize the point of this whole thing. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

thanks cleric and brian

i really appreciate the understanding.

i jsut found out right now that it got removed.

-_____-

its cool,

ill upload the "good" file tomorrow on megaupload or something, and ill post the link.

btw,

hows the votes gonna go?

i was just gonna watch it again, why was it removed?

edit: ok i found the reason .. and i cannot believe this .

I didnt look at the link until just now..... sad days.

maybe if you put some credits in the end with some explanation of where the quotes came from it would have been nice.

this is why contests in the glowsticking world would never work =D this is like an awesome mini-lesson on how people bite people and how people take offense to it. joe worked for hours compiling the quotes and because you want to win some awards you just take it without asking?

the best part of the video was the amount of research that went into it. anyone could have strung a couple of videos together.. the quotes are what sold this video.

wuxanaXan, next time, be more smart about it and don't act like a dick. if you were working on this video before joe, you would have STARTED with the quotes. that's where the hours of research goes.

Sure, on a perfectly pragmatic point of view, we would want more videos for everyone.

On a pragmatic level, glowsticking.com wants more people to glowstick and for us to spread the art.

Well battling and being on MTV would spread the art quickly.

But we at glowsticking.com are not like that. We want to do it right. We want to do it fair.

wuxanaXan wasn't exactly fair, and he should have offered to submit a different video as soon as he found out Joe wasn't really happy with the way he copied the quotes verbatim. He could have easily spent a few hours looking for different quotes or with some help maybe made some different ones. That would have been sportsmanship. Instead, he didn't really offer a true apology. An apology is where you feel really bad about something and then offer to do something about it.

I'm sure wuxanaXan felt he was in the right, and I bet a lot of people don't feel like there is a huge deal to all of this. But i know exactly what Last-singularity is feeling. People who create works of art often feel used and abused when something is copied almost verbatim and used against you. Websites, art works, etc.

There is something to be said for imitation.. imitation is okay because it's flattery. plagiarism isn't plagiarism when you acknowledge the source. this was neither. it was an attempt at winning. and that was a bit unfair.

wuxanaXan should simply submit a different video now and hope for the best. this is a good lesson to everyone.

with all that said at the same time, last_singularity was also playing cutthroat in an event designed to be friendly. he should have just ignored it. this isn't for a big prize. this is for a mission of spreading glowsticking.

he should have voiced his opinion on the matter in a thought out way, instead of going directly to youtube. that's not how you convince people as a community.

now i have to voice his opinion for him, and that irritates me.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

3 full days of editing and here it is! My poetic take on an anti-battling video. Enjoy!

Actual youtube link:

Guest wuxanaXan

dave,

in all fairness,

yes i was a dick (not intentionally), and i shouldve asked/ looked around the site myself for some good quotes.

however, i didnt jump in until last weekend, but i didnt look through the entire thread.

i started on mine before joe/ last_singularity did.

and this it was the exact way i wanted it to be.

and also, i didnt join this to win; and if im not mistaken,

joe didnt either; it was for the sake of promoting anti-battling and participating

for me, the ultras, dvd, lanyard, and points were an incentive,

as i dont have a way to get my hands on them for my lack of a credit card

but whether i win or lose, im fine with either one, because i really only wanted to participate.

after he (indirectly) expressed his unease about me using quotes like him,

i honestly did consider redoing the vid.

but, as it so happened i started school this week.

another thing that put at an disadvantage.

i dont get to go online whenever i want; im living under my parents roof

and they decide how the internet works, and i have no say so in that matter.

but to take my video off youtube, without even a notice, to me, is just below the waist.

i would rather have him message me saying something along the lines of

"would you please redo your video/ take it off because youre using

some of the same quotes as i am."

that would give me the dignity of taking it off myself, rather than have someone else take if

off, for "copyright infringement"

the majority of his vid isnt even his own work, so to me its a bit hypocritical.

the purpose of a quote of the original speaker was to make a statement,

and others quote them to support their standings.

we are all trying to send the same message, and that is don't battle

we are also representing the same community.

i dont think any one should have the right to monopolize words this way.

and i'm done with my spiel.

but all this aside,

since its the weekend, and since discomfort was expressed

im willing to redo the quoted text in my video.

i will ask other gs.c members personally for their quotes, and i will write their names down.

(if anyone hasnt noticed, i put in quotation marks, the words that werent my own.)

everything else besides that, the gs.c logos, and one edc picture, was my own.

footage, text, and editing.

ill post it by monday afternoon, because i might have family plans tomorrow

and will be out all day, and im going to be in school in the morning.

i still want a fair chance in the contest.

and ill start working on it right now.

if im lucky, maybe ill even upload it tonight.

And here's my 3rd anti-battling video, titled "Battling Is Stupid" This one's another funny one.

Guest wuxanaXan
And here's my 3rd anti-battling video, titled "Battling Is Stupid" This one's another funny one.

LOL

3 full days of editing and here it is! My poetic take on an anti-battling video. Enjoy!

Actual youtube link:

i like this one alot . i was suddenly thrown into .. i dunno like i was watching a real trailer/ad in the cinema .. really well produced . very professional

i like this one alot . i was suddenly thrown into .. i dunno like i was watching a real trailer/ad in the cinema .. really well produced . very professional

Thanks man, I worked really hard on it, I appreciate the compliment :)

And here's a 4th anti-battling vid from me. Another humorous one haha.

photon i loved all your videos haha.

esp. the one u spent 3 days on.

------

anyways...

i dont have sticks and didnt want to use dead ones for my video so i wasn't able to submit mine.

but i wrote some song lyrics,

and i'll post it in here once i actually record it.

you guys get 1 vote per PERSON and you vote once per PERSON. take into account all the work people like photon has done with his multiple videos =)

you guys get 1 vote per PERSON and you vote once per PERSON. take into account all the work people like photon has done with his multiple videos =)

So are we voting here in the thread or what? A nice poll thread could be made with each vid as an option. I'd include wuxanaXan's vid, even though it was taken down, he's re-doing it. I for one am not worried about winning, I made my vids for the good of gsc, not to win a contest. My vote will go to Last Singularity, his vid represents gsc the best in my opinion.

My vote goes to Photon - he went far and beyond what this contest called for :biggrin2:

Photon, I like your serious vid. Like Juno said, It seemed like I was watching a movie trailer. However, I noticed that there seemed to be more napalm than there was glowsticking. But, I am a big fan of napalm so you get my vote!!!