Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

NEW CONTEST - ANTI BATTLING VIDEO

213 posts in this topic

everyone will have different opinions on what it is about.

some people use the world battling for everything.

i don't. as a popper and as a dancer, not just for glowsticking, i don't call sessions and such "battling".

if it's a positive session or a circle, it's not battling. if it's not competition, it's not battling. you KNOW when it's battling.

on glowsticking.com, that's the definition, and that's the definition we are using.

quoted in case that guy missed it the first time.

also something to think about, do you think those "crews" he mentions let EVERYONE and ANYONE join? or just people who they think are good? i am guessing only people who they think will help them win battles..... so how does that promote unity?

hang on cleric, mine will be done by next week, unfortunately last singularity raised the bar on us, and now we have to be more creative!! i wont post a truly effortless vid! :wallbash:

fifth that wow....

only posers battle...

gbass714, you have alot to learn since you're still fairly new to the site...

please read through this: http://www.glowsticking.com/articles-and-t...ng-culture.html

if you don't agree with our stance, you're welcome to leave the site...

but yeah, you may think it's a "friendly" battle, but what do you really know about their intentions?

see i promised myself i wouldnt say anything in this thread but this just got me mad.

this isnt only going to r3dlin3 im just using this post as an example

some people are just competitive in EVERYTHING they do. i am one of those types of people. i wanna always proove im the best in everything i do, i dont know why but i do. i do it in djing, used to do it in glowsticking, did it in dancing when my old dance crew was still together, and did it in lots of other things. its fun for me.

now cuz u battle your a poser? really? all the oldskool crew videos like TT and DC and LOTS were posers? i see alot of us doing their moves. they must be great posers then!

being an ex battler i am sorta offended by this.

quoted in case that guy missed it the first time.

also something to think about, do you think those "crews" he mentions let EVERYONE and ANYONE join? or just people who they think are good? i am guessing only people who they think will help them win battles..... so how does that promote unity?

when i had my crew we let people in that were dedicated to learning it and had similar outlooks on string battles like the rest of us did. we didnt mind having sessions with other crews that we didnt have problems with. battles were really done more in a non-rave enviornment ive noticed. it might have underground styles of music but ravers arent usually there (@least when i used to battle).

same thing when me and my old crew used to string on weekends @ the local top 40 club during the techno hour. we were paid to string 2 nights a week for about 3 hours each night. notice it was a top 40 club. non-rave. thats my theory

dude get off your high horse and remember all the times you told me I was right about people not wanting to string at clubs because of your stupid ass and your friends.

remember all the backlash HID got for being the punks they are.

Your brand of plur and being part of the crowd was crap. Cause you've told me plenty of times how people didnt want to even bother stringing anymore because of how you ruined it for everyone.

see i promised myself i wouldnt say anything in this thread but this just got me mad.

this isnt only going to r3dlin3 im just using this post as an example

some people are just competitive in EVERYTHING they do. i am one of those types of people. i wanna always proove im the best in everything i do, i dont know why but i do. i do it in djing, used to do it in glowsticking, did it in dancing when my old dance crew was still together, and did it in lots of other things. its fun for me.

now cuz u battle your a poser? really? all the oldskool crew videos like TT and DC and LOTS were posers? i see alot of us doing their moves. they must be great posers then!

being an ex battler i am sorta offended by this.

I def see you using their moves..... birdy. Oh wait you added an extra spin that makes it yours now. So when someone else uses it in a video (without claiming it) you get all butthurt.

Come on ted dig another hole for yourself.

The fact they created a lot of moves has nothing to do with anything. Their scene fizzled out because of the childish nonsense they did. They were posers. They did it to fit in to a crowd and be part of something. They didnt care about anything but being better then someone else.

poser From "poseur." This usually refers to someone who attempts to be part of a clique punk, skater, goth, etc. - never preppy, but out of a desire to be recognized as a member of that clique rather than sincerity

clique = crew

Here are some quotes from people on Newraveorder about crews and battles and competition.

TOMMY D - I'm not into the whole raver edition of you got served...

kthnx

MikeD - silly. ive chilled with "battles" it ends up with the other person just trying to make a fool out of you in front of everyone else or vice versa. its no fun when you have to worry about getting bumped around or losing your hat.

Ritalin - i think its retarted.

WAY to cliquey... it breeds bad behaviors and makes others feel alienated in a place where they shouldnt be.

Squee - ... Yea...

Um... Fuck crews. I used to be a part of H.I.D. when it was just a bunch of us who were friends who danced and chilled together. Then Some people... Tommy knows, took shit way over the top, and it wasn't fun anymore. Rave Crews in general are stupid. It's not even like the new crew have any techniques. They dance to hard music and that's it. They all hate house, and like one or two of em even give DNB a chance. I don't like watching people sit there and say they're about helping the scene, and then they go and make fun of people who are dancing different then them. Half of them don't even dance on fucking beat. Their new logo is "try to keep up" With what exactly?! Fuck HIV

JoshJames - Highschool shit, if you ask me.

wraith - Cliquey and passive aggressive. Too true.

we aren't the only people in the world that see things this way. We just happen to take a stronger stance against it.

I def see you using their moves..... birdy. Oh wait you added an extra spin that makes it yours now. So when someone else uses it in a video (without claiming it) you get all butthurt.

Come on ted dig another hole for yourself.

The fact they created a lot of moves has nothing to do with anything. Their scene fizzled out because of the childish nonsense they did. They were posers. They did it to fit in to a crowd and be part of something. They didnt care about anything but being better then someone else.

poser From "poseur." This usually refers to someone who attempts to be part of a clique punk, skater, goth, etc. - never preppy, but out of a desire to be recognized as a member of that clique rather than sincerity

clique = crew

Here are some quotes from people on Newraveorder about crews and battles and competition.

we aren't the only people in the world that see things this way. We just happen to take a stronger stance against it.

cleric thanks for this post, you truly make sense fast!

TOMMY D - I'm not into the whole raver edition of you got served...

kthnx

Oddly enough, when I hear the word 'battle' in this scene, I go straight to picturing this and it just makes me laugh. .

Hell, why don't we get some interpretive dancers to battle modern/jazz tap dancers? That ought to be a battle for the ages.

Apple to oranges, my friend. . apple to oranges.

mhmm those things are enlightening. i am closing in to th anti battling vid. i hope i can find inspiration what to do.

staff, please talk to some of the people here and see if they are a fit for our goals as a site and a community. if they don't want to cooperate, you know what to do-- they shouldn't use our resources and money.

damnit... last_singularity ruined this contest with his too good video. i guess next time we should have really awesome people submit LAST.

some people are just competitive in EVERYTHING they do.

funny, the other night in the chatroom, it was you (teddyglow), redline and me talkin about views on battling . i told you im a real competitive person in real life in everything i do . dont get me wrong, im trying hard to climb this ladder or glowsticking and trying to be able to do more moves etc , anyways we here on gsc still disagree on the "battling is good" theme .

im sure i am just as competitive as you in real life in everything, except its just doesnt seem right in glowsticking ..

fcuk battles

p.s i have people walked up in my face at raves, usually the same dude, im sure you know who im talkin about, "the dude with handles" . asked me to stop stringing and bust moves in my face . im like WTF! you want me to clap? or something?

fcuk battles & battlers

My video entry :)

damnit... last_singularity ruined this contest with his too good video. i guess next time we should have really awesome people submit LAST.

dude next time lets just ask for the video but not show until the end, this is gettin ridiculous to beat.

im still in the editin stage, since i no longer have my computer im doing this on my friends computer which i dont get much chance! but i promise it will be done, maybe not on time, but it will be done,lol.

this weekend ima try to end the final stages!

guinto thats funny< but 2 easy :wacko:

I wish I knew how to make a good video. xD

Last_Singularity's vid its TOO good xD

I want a lanyard O_O

My video entry :)

:rofl:

i dunnnooooo

might be afro ninja ftw.....couple more days guys. Still time to get 1 in.

^ this. My ideas seem...far too meek now. Lost motivation to make a vid that's pretty much just a parrot.

For the record-- I'm competitive in almost every single thing I do in my life. I view glowsticking almost as a relief-- because I don't have to compete, nor do I want to. Doing so would completely tarnish the sheer beauty of it. It is the one thing I can take at my own pace, with my own spin, and still emerge mostly unscathed. (...though there is pressure to improve.)

What now? :P

Also, Temporal, as a former contemporary dancer...I'm totally up for that dance battle. Because I have no trouble with making myself look like a dork. :P

Guest wuxanaXan
looks like joe will win this contest :)

hey guys, guess what?

im in now too.

:P

working on it right now as we speak.

and it looks pretty good.

:]

Guest wuxanaXan

so i watched last singularity's vid

and its pretty cool. shiit. -___-

im still not giving up though. :]

i have a more different approach.

you guys are in for a huge suprise.

:P

i need this weekend to finish the video, havent had a chance to edit and film the last part!