Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

NEW CONTEST - ANTI BATTLING VIDEO

213 posts in this topic

everyone will have different opinions on what it is about.

some people use the world battling for everything.

i don't. as a popper and as a dancer, not just for glowsticking, i don't call sessions and such "battling".

if it's a positive session or a circle, it's not battling. if it's not competition, it's not battling. you KNOW when it's battling.

on glowsticking.com, that's the definition, and that's the definition we are using.

that was a fucking awesome video, joe.

all we need to do is slap a GSC logo on the corner, but since the whole video is a promo, we don't really need to.

I sent Brian the original file. I could ask him to just add a logo (because I have no idea how to do it in Windows Movie Maker) for me and I will upload that version to replace the older one. What do you think?

Common guys we need more videos! =D

LOOK AT THE PRIZES EVERYBODY!!! THIS IS NOT AN EVERY DAY THING!!!!!!!!!!!!

sure it is, only a few hours ago i gave my friend 20 ultras, a GSC lanyard, and TWO yes TWO dvds

how bout my dvd's and everything =o?!!

You have multiple glowsticking dvds? -.^

You have multiple glowsticking dvds? -.^

I got an idea, or would a speech be too boring for a vid or beside the point? A hypnotic speech even?

battles arent dont to show who can kick the other ones ass... its shown outta respect for each artist and done for the <3 of the art! we dont do it to diss on other crews its all about the <3 and making ppl smile imo.

just as long as people who do battles understand this. most of the time my crew {EOL} does a battle its well planned out and made with crews that we respect

so please dont put down battles as a way to bring disrespect to other ppl its just the oppossite of that!

btw... kosmic fest {EOL} and (SGS) will be having a lightshow battle that i think anyone that goes should watch and attend. there will be much love and plur from every one of the contestents and i think it will show that battles arent about bragging rights and such...

its about <3

...most of the time my crew {EOL} does a battle its well planned out and made with crews that we respect...

only most of the time, not ALL the time?

EDIT:

P.S.

I just got an epic idea for my video... well i think its epic lol.

battles arent dont to show who can kick the other ones ass... its shown outta respect for each artist and done for the <3 of the art! we dont do it to diss on other crews its all about the <3 and making ppl smile imo.

just as long as people who do battles understand this. most of the time my crew {EOL} does a battle its well planned out and made with crews that we respect

so please dont put down battles as a way to bring disrespect to other ppl its just the oppossite of that!

btw... kosmic fest {EOL} and (SGS) will be having a lightshow battle that i think anyone that goes should watch and attend. there will be much love and plur from every one of the contestents and i think it will show that battles arent about bragging rights and such...

its about <3

Wow lol.

Wow #3 Way to support battling in an anti-battling thread :wallbash:

So, when your crew battles, do they declare a winner/loser or issue out prizes?

fifth that wow....

only posers battle...

gbass714, you have alot to learn since you're still fairly new to the site...

please read through this: http://www.glowsticking.com/articles-and-t...ng-culture.html

if you don't agree with our stance, you're welcome to leave the site...

but yeah, you may think it's a "friendly" battle, but what do you really know about their intentions?

its about <3

While you and your crew may go about it this way (which I still do not agree with), not everyone does. I suggest you read Saving Texas to understand the full impact of where battling can lead some people.

-------------------------------------------------

Edit by melvenorc12: sixth that wow.

its about <3

Light show battle. DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER. Thats like having an interpretive dance battle

Here is a discussion between someone who msg me about crews and such on plurspace.

If none of this makes sense to you. Then you can leave and your free to come back when it does. Just dont come to this site and use our material for your "battles".

I would like to apologize for doing another page long post. Which probly no one will read.

Lightshowing, Glowsticking or otherwise, CAN function within crews. TLC is a crew with a wide array of styles and equipment used by each of its members. We looks for originality, personality, and a people who lead a plurr lifestyle. For us it's not about the competition as much as it is about the Plurr and just enjoying and giving good shows. All crews don't have to be bad, nor bring down our scene. Our is structured to do the opposite.

The simple fact that you said "we look for *insert certain type of individual* goes against what the scene you hold so dear to you was built against. You have requirements a person has to meet. Thats not what the rave scene was built on. Although i believe you have all the best intentions in the world. There are crews and have been crews in the scene that have brought physical and property damage to individuals that beat them in a battle. With glowsticks for crying outloud.

GSC as a site doesn't support crews because of the damage and drama that comes from them when it relates to battling. If a group of friends gets together and wants to call them self something thats one thing (albeit a little childish..unless it's a production CREW, in which thats how they need to promote). It's another thing when people get together form crews and go out to PWN noobs who glowstick at parties. Which is exactly what happened in tx a few years back and NY last year. Currently your reading this typed up by Cleric. An admin on gsc. I live in NY and I've seen whole scenes fall because of the antics crews pull. Once again not saying you are trying to show anyone up. But to me... I've been in the scene since the late 90s. I understand what the party is supposed to be about beyond the lights the drugs and the music.

It's about the people and crews are the exact opposite thing that should be shown or represented at a party. The videos for anti battling and anti crew and anti contest are there because people want to battle and cause drama. People want to form crews and own others. People want to have parties with competitions where there are winners and there are loser. We as a site don't support any of that because of what we have seen happen in the years.

Wow.

I couldn't agree more.

In a place where we feel safe from all the drama, where we go to escape it- the crew mentality has brought in the gang mentality.

People are banding against each other within out own scene, ravers vs. ravers.

Friends against friends.

And to me, ravers are my family- so really its an all out family war- or it can get to that extreme.

I guess the ironic bit is that TLC was created to stop the spread of drama, reinforce the last R and what the scene is really about.

TLC is supposed to show new and old ravers that the family part, the people part, the love is still here- and will continue to stay.

I'm not sure how we'll go forward from here.

You've really made a lot of sense.

I suppose we'll continue with the TRUST movement, but I'm not sure if TLC will go on. I do know that we will NOT be battling if we continue the crew, though.

That was agreed upon a while back.

I knew crews were a problem, but I never thought of them as that severe.

Thanks Cleric,

For everything,

Blume

If nobody reads that post by you, Cleric, they're missing out on a real gem. It pretty much explains and validates a lot of the points that have been made about battling - in just a few short paragraphs.

If you skipped Cleric's post and have a care about this topic at all, scroll back up right now and spend the minute of your life it will take to read it.

really wow, hahaha what number am i? lol

cleric i read your articles, and they're really helpful!

uhm if battles are for plur then were is the respect, i dont know what he calls battles but if your not proving that your better than someone else then your not battling, you're sessioning.

crews ? why ? whats the reason, are you trying to separate yourself from anybody else, understand that we are all equal in this community, there are no crews just friends, by you putting this label upon your group of friends or whatever you are telling others that your circle is exclusive, man you are really lost.

There's no need for battles, crews or competition in the rave scene or the glowsticking scene.

it is not fun being challenged by someone that thinks he's better. people have fun glowsticking together without trying to prove something.

i will not continue with this talk ill let the staff and root admin deal with this, its hard to convince someone who posts in the anti-battle video thread actually defendin this activity. he prolly is GXG.

i think he didnt get the message from the videos.

pz.

:sm_bigeek: wow cant belive this guiy.. lol everyone pretty much told him whats up..... crews in glowsticking that gotta be the corniest thing in the world... lol viva gs.c