Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleric

NEW CONTEST - ANTI BATTLING VIDEO

213 posts in this topic

what does the lanyard look like?

here's a bad picture of it

l_06862076f312834ef54bff5429a66f89.jpg

Awesome just saw this contest today, I'll be working on this for a couple weeks, probably have not chance of winning, but atleast I'll be able to submit a vote.

I will submit a video.

Due to the large volume of material that I plan to collect for this video, don't expect an entry from me until near the deadline.

Okay, I lied about the cutting it close to the deadline LOL

I don't care about the prizes; I just want to do my part in contributing to the glowsticking scene.

So, here it is, after 30+hours of editing and re-editing as well as digging through 100+ threads on these forums (and finding only about 10 useful ones), I present...

"A Strong Case Against Battling Within the Glowsticking Scene," a heavily researched and clearly-argued case on why battling is corrosive to the glowsticking scene:

If anyone wants the original file to spread around the internet (promoting on myspace, facebook, etc), feel free to just AIM me at: Last Singularity.

That was absolutely awesome........ I'm really in awe. I loved that video so much man.

So far I think you've got my vote. Wow.

You really took the quote idea to the next level!

Wow Last Singularity, just WOW. That was fantastic! Very very good job!

I just had glowgasms to that video. I dont think any video has moved me the way this way in forever. OMG is all I have to say. I salute you Joe on your project!

Joe,you just made GS.C really loving and inspiring.After watching that,it really hit me to love GS.C even more..Sick video bro

:gsc:

joe... I loved every second of it...

now it's getting harder to choose one...

I can't wait to see others...

but at the moment, my vote is going towards what you compiled...

wow that was awesome Joe. not sure about anyone else, but i can definitely feel a lot of effort going in there, especially digging through all the old threads for quotes.

my only minor grip is that the video seems to be glowstring heavy and makes freehand underrepresented... but then again, the battling issue seems to be a lot worse in glowstringing than freehand. so maybe you are just speaking to your audience.

awesome!!

Cleric, you asked for it. You were like "Okay look, make an anti-battling video - no one is submitting to this thread and I don't wanna win my own contest" So, I was like "LOL Okay..."

By the way, Wes, I did consider that when I was making my video and I made an attempt to represent freehanders. Even in the beginning scenes, I alternated between stringer and freehander: me (stringer), spazzman (freehander), melvenorc12 (stringer), EchO (freehander). Later clips included you and wil doing some synchronized traces with your strings and some freehanding in the 2006 ultra circle. Besides, I have never heard of freehander battlers before :biggrin2:

I feel that the praise truly deserves to go towards all the GSCers whose quotes I used in my video. Because actually, if you just look through the video, I did very little. All of the quotes were from other glowstickers; most of the footage was from other glowstickers; the only thing that I did really was put it all together. I honestly could not have completed this project without all the resources that GSC provided me. In essence, it's a reflection of GSC itself, so the props really go back towards all of us as a whole.

My intention with this video is to really slam it hard onto the people on youtube watching glowsticking, who are considering showing it off or competing with it. I hope that when they see this and think, "I have seen a lot of great videos from this and that glowsticker and look how they dislike battling - maybe I should reconsider joining a crew. Maybe it would be stupid to get laughed by the very glowstickers who inspire you..."

I THINK FREEHANDER BATTLE VIA FIGURE 8 AND TOSSEING STICKS AT EACH OTHER

damn that was a well done vid, this raises the bar on my imagination, ok ill get to work on it, but i still think you made the message clear when sayin that gsc asks everyone to not participate in battles or competitions. i really enjoyed this vid, and the most important thing is that if a newbie saw the vid definitely would get the big picture!

ok so im curious to ask how everyone even portrays the whole battling concept? what they think a battle is about in their own words, cause not all battles have to be about competition...ill give my opinion late but since "we" were so known for it in the first place but im just curious to ask anyways..and before you try to jump to conclusions and try to label me again like in the old days about the whole crews and battling, im not here to promote it or go against this whole thread so i say again "im not here to say battling is the way to go" everyone has their own free will to do what they want, it's your life you choose but yea im curious so lets see?

maybe i should have just made a different thread huh.....

-Vee

battle = activity where an individual tries to prove superiority to another individual or group of people either by skillz or creativity! i think i got it right!

edit: this is what i think it is!

ok so was that a definition or your definition?

Ill tell you what i think about it after a couple of responses from you guys...

-Vee

Vik use the search and look up battling. Definitely not the thread for this discussion that we've had way to many times. You'll find countless threads with pages and pages of discussion about battling. Feel free to talk in any of em. everyone on this board is very open minded and will listen to whatever ur thoughts are.

As for the vid holy shit!!!!! Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Amazing vid. Iam so glad this thread was started. If that was just one of the first videos i cant wait to see the rest. Come on guys who can top that???? Lets have a video BATTLE!!!! lmao. j/k

Loved it!!

Thanks for your thoughts, Trunkz. We'd be happy to discuss this, just not on this thread. You can look some of the older threads or make a new one. Please try not to derail this thread from its purpose :biggrin2: