Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ph0toN

List Some of the Weirder Foods or Combos You Eat

57 posts in this topic

Thought it'd be fun to hear what some of the weird or odd foods and food combos people eat.

I don't eat raw vegetables so I don't eat salads, but if salad is ordered for me or comes with a meal I eat croutons with thousand island salad dressing. I do this at home to. Just a big bowl of croutons with thousand island smeared all over them like they were cereal and milk lol.

Fritoes and peanut butter.

=D

Are you sure it'd be fun to hear some of the things that people eat? If you don't even eat raw veggies, you might find some of the stuff that I will list to be completely gross.

Umm...sushi (raw fish)? That would include octopus, squid, and stuff like that. That's not even that unusual.

Also: pork liver, pork intestines, pork kidney, pork feet, pork blood, etc...

Lotus roots are nice too. Fermented tofu (I think you should be able to sympathize with this, because yogurt is fermented milk).

And I am not even Cantonese. I am sure they could come up with even weirder stuff.

Thought it'd be fun to hear what some of the weird or odd foods and food combos people eat.

I don't eat raw vegetables so I don't eat salads, but if salad is ordered for me or comes with a meal I eat croutons with thousand island salad dressing. I do this at home to. Just a big bowl of croutons with thousand island smeared all over them like they were cereal and milk lol.

Hell yeah! Croutons are THE SHIT XD

Are you sure it'd be fun to hear some of the things that people eat? If you don't even eat raw veggies, you might find some of the stuff that I will list to be completely gross.

Umm...sushi (raw fish)? That would include octopus, squid, and stuff like that. That's not even that unusual.

Also: pork liver, pork intestines, pork kidney, pork feet, pork blood, etc...

Lotus roots are nice too. Fermented tofu (I think you should be able to sympathize with this, because yogurt is fermented milk).

And I am not even Cantonese. I am sure they could come up with even weirder stuff.

I like lots of types of sushi. Also I go nuts over fried chicken liver. Never tried pork liver but would. And I like fried squid. Never gotten to try octopus or snails but always wanted to. Odd foods don't gross me out, I just don't like the texture of raw vegetables such as lettuce...to much like eating a leaf off a tree to me haha.

let's see...

liver and onions

jelcon sandwich (personal creation: jelly and bacon sandwich)

pineapple and ham pizza

grilled mushrooms

using twizzlers as a straw for my grape juice

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting

using twizzlers as a straw for my grape juice

Wow I never even realized twizzlers were hollow enough all the way through to use as a straw. That's pretty inventive.

sorry to blow your minds away on this but ketchup and ranch, fried egg with cheese bologna mayo peanut butter sandwhich (not my idea grand mothers mom side man i miss those) ketchup and ramen other then that don't got much else

I eat croutons with thousand island salad dressing.

OMG I FUCKIN' LOVE THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING! <3

I can eat it with almost anything. :biggrin2:

but yeah, a weird combo would be that I eat pork meat with ketchup. :P

I eat fried catfish with ketchup. Don't know if thats abnormal but I've never seen anyone else do it. :shocked:

I LOVE natto which are fermented soybeans usually eaten with scallions, mustard, fish sauce and a raw egg over rice

I LOVE natto which are fermented soybeans usually eaten with scallions, mustard, fish sauce and a raw egg over rice

Dude, that actually sounds amazing - thanks a lot because now I am hungry LOL

Scorpions.

a friend of mine enjoys eating scorpions and also has a soft spot for Madagascar Roaches with Teriyaki sauce.

My favorite way of preparing them (also shown to me by crazy friend) : after letting them soak in a bowl of water (with tips of tails cut off of course) dip them in corn meal, light up the pan and butter it. toss in the scorpions, get them nice and toasty and let cool. Enjoy

They taste just like crab. Only tiny :D

Also packed with protein.

TOP Ramen smeared with peperjack cheese, sprinkled with a little bit of shredded chedder, with craploads of hotsauce and some sort of meat, usually what's around at the time, currently, it's baked ham. Sliced hotdogs go well with this, adds some extra mass to the ramen. sprinkle with hot crushed peppers of your choosing and you're eating like EK.

Also, Cook it down to where the majority of the flavor's in the noodles, not the broth, I can't stand soupy ramen, I'm too much of a spice freak to eat dull noodles. Did I mention the Hot sauce and crushed pepper?

Chocolate Syrup on plain white bread. ~Learned form Taiwanese friend.

Ermm and a sort of spaghetti that had Peanut butter-like sauce. Same Taiwanese friend's grandma made it for us a couple times MANY years ago. DELICIOUS.

TOP Ramen smeared with peperjack cheese, sprinkled with a little bit of shredded chedder, with craploads of hotsauce and some sort of meat, usually what's around at the time, currently, it's baked ham. Sliced hotdogs go well with this, adds some extra mass to the ramen. sprinkle with hot crushed peppers of your choosing and you're eating like EK.

Also, Cook it down to where the majority of the flavor's in the noodles, not the broth, I can't stand soupy ramen, I'm too much of a spice freak to eat dull noodles. Did I mention the Hot sauce and crushed pepper?

I do that too!

but I also put an egg in.. or I drain all the water and kinda fry the ramen with the egg...

YUM HOT SAUCE =D

Man, something I haven't had in a long time and now must go make, peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

when i was in japan i couldnt eat natto . but now, i love em .. seriously pat, we got to dine out more

i put thousand island/ketchup on almost everything i eat.

nothing to crazy.

when i was in japan i couldnt eat natto . but now, i love em .. seriously pat, we got to dine out more

I've been wanting to do another all you can eat brazilian bbq night for a while now. Maybe we can do another GS.C dinner nite out of it. :)

sometimes i dont feel like trying new food cuz i might get addicted and i'm already addicted to enough of it haha.