Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaaqob

Just Starting Out...

7 posts in this topic

Okay, so I am just trying to start out in music production. I need good software to both be able to add beats and tracks, but also take out tracks within a song. I'm not really good with technical information because like I said I'm just starting out, but I kinda know what I want. I would like a basic program that will allow me to add just any song and manipulate that track as well as add maybe a quicker tempo and drum beat. If you understand what I'm looking for I'd love to find a good program for this...

Thanks!

There is no basic program that can do that. My setup can but it is definitely not basic and requires money and time to learn it. I used to have this. It worked well but when I stream live on the Web I had lag problems due to the CD signal weakening over time.

Now I use the Allen and Heath Xone 3D. I can load samples of tracks onto it and play them later when I am using a mix. Look into software like Ableton Live. This is NOT a beginner program. What you want to do cannot be accomplished just by pressing buttons, you'd need to set them up on the fly which is possible through Ableton Live. This type of DJing/Production is called Live Remixing.

My new Gear

Xone_3D-3-4_on_black_TRAKTOR.jpg

Wow, no wonder you haven't been in chat. You're playing with your new toy and learning to ripit sikkkkkkkkkkkk!

Aight...well it looks like I have some work and purchasing ahead of myself :P

I guess I'll get started to the best I can and let you know how it goes!

Aight...well it looks like I have some work and purchasing ahead of myself :P

I guess I'll get started to the best I can and let you know how it goes!

It's tough to start out but once you get the hang of it, DJ/Producing is a really beautiful and satisfying thing.

i started off with trakktor and virtual dj. those are still my two fav programs that you can use WITHOUT having to purchase any equipment.

I got a copy of Virtual DJ with all the add ons and a copy of Acid Pro 6. I mixed up a song on Virtual DJ that turned out okay...I have to fine tune a few things but I'm having fun so whatev!