Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

punkofblood

AFJROTC: Does It Help?

12 posts in this topic

OK! I'm im AFJROTC
I was thinking about joining the airforce once I got out of high school.
Well my question is:
In the long run does AFJROTC really help you when joining the Airforce?

I know of ONE benifit but this isnt what im talking about.
I know that if your in AFJROTC and you get your rank in the class to a Seinor Airmen or higher, when you join the Airforce, you can start as a Seinor Airman. You also get to keep all the ribbons you get.

But is AFJROTC realy worth it when you join up?

Yes. I understand that BUT what i mean is:
Is everything you learn in AFJROTC worth it in the long run?
Like does it help you out any or is it just information?

Yes. I understand that BUT what i mean is:

Is everything you learn in AFJROTC worth it in the long run?

Like does it help you out any or is it just information?

It's just basics. You learn more when you're there.

Ive been around a few people who were in JROTC programs. After everybody is done with their basic and job training Its usually kind of difficult to see any difference between the people who did and didnt do JROTC. Unless you are talking about things like leading a formation or marching then they might be better at it just because they have had more experience with it. Im sure you will learn a lot of information but not very much of that information is going to matter once you are enlisted because you will have a specific job you will be doing that is probably in no way related to what you went over in JROTC.

Many of the people who were in JROTC or ROTC programs get picked on because they have attitudes going into basic training. They act like they know it all and some have higher ranks so it just puts more attention on them.

I was never in JROTC but Im sure it will give you a small look at how the military works. That should be the most important thing because joining the military is a big deal.

That was long and not very organized. so... yes it will help you and no it wont.

I thought I posted but I don't see my post anymore O.o'

Anyway:

What Bueno said+

What do you really learn in JROTC? Chain of command, a few things with marching and orders. Not a whole lot, at least in my experience. However, you should look into college ROTC and becoming an officer if possible...

being a former JROTC member myself what they are saying is true other that formation info there isnt much you will gain from JROTC if you enlist. if you make it known that you were in ROTC when you go to basic your life for the next six weeks will be hell cause TI will let everyone know so they will single you out. but after basic no one really care if you were in JROTC. As far as rank goes all that happens is you get E-3 or Airman First Class after basic, which you can get if you sign up for six years off the bat.

JROTC only helps if you go to college and do ROTC. because JROTC and ROTC are designed for officer candidates not enlist members.

So my suggestion to you is if you are thinking about the Air Force is go to college enroll in ROTC and become a 2nd LT.

i was in NJROTC and well it helps rank/money wise, and help ready u for the physical aspects of it. also teaches u all the crap they teach u at ur recruitment station ahead of time. if ur reallly involved with ur jrotc u can also join teams in there that teach u even more stuff like how to read maps and make a fire and all the stuff that they teach in the military. the ribbons u get u keep but for sure u cant wear it on ur real military uniform if u enlist. alot of people wish they were in a jrotc program just for the ranking. its well worth it.

being a former JROTC member myself what they are saying is true other that formation info there isnt much you will gain from JROTC if you enlist. if you make it known that you were in ROTC when you go to basic your life for the next six weeks will be hell cause TI will let everyone know so they will single you out. but after basic no one really care if you were in JROTC. As far as rank goes all that happens is you get E-3 or Airman First Class after basic, which you can get if you sign up for six years off the bat.

JROTC only helps if you go to college and do ROTC. because JROTC and ROTC are designed for officer candidates not enlist members.

So my suggestion to you is if you are thinking about the Air Force is go to college enroll in ROTC and become a 2nd LT.

also what he said cuhz jrotc gives u scholarship oppratunities as well. college is the best route after jrotc since u can skip everyone whos still an E and becoming an officer. u will get shit though when ur out of college and your an officer. some dont respect those who skip all the hardships and become an officer immediatly, but they will learn to love you =D but also while ur in jrotc, dont let it ruin ur social life. alot of my fellow "cadets" let it ruin there social lives. live out ur highschool experience since it only comes around once. my profile has a pic of me in the drill team. drill team = awsum for raving experience, its the reason why i decided to try on raving. =D

* Bit late on this post... don't know if it's even relevant any more but...

That's actually exactly what i did. I was in AFJROTC all the way through high school and enlisted in the AF the summer i graduated. as far as benefits, it depends on what your job is going to be, and whether or not you're active in drill and ceremonies in tech school and at your base. I was on color guard and drill team at my tech school squadron and it helped a LOT with that. (the others were like freshmen cadets as far as skill). At basic, it's not really gonna come into play except that you'll know what the hell you're doing in formation, and maybe some of the survival stuff will come in handy during warrior week. Aside from that, you get higher pay which is pretty cool, but that's about it. Just PM me if you have any more questions.

326 BULLDOGS!!!

the only thing I think you may gain from JROTC is heckling and ball breaking from the other kids in school.....at least thats how it was in my high school....lol....on a serious note, I imagine you will at least learn facing movements and how to address a superior/reporting statement....prolly rank structure and core values.......all the stuff you learn at basic