Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeCiBaL

"Glow Arts" for the everyone but the raver :)

24 posts in this topic

So i was browsing around youtube and checking out multiple glowsticking vids to get myself some more ideas on what to work on while i'm out at M.E.M.F this weekend and i came across this little thing and i gotta say...i stayed through all 8 mins of it because of the cool factor lol at least to me anyways. So here's something a little different for everyone...

Not quite what you were expecting eh? lol i found this to be very very interesting and intriguing. I can see someone possibly taking some aspects of that and applying it to our wonderful way of stringing/freehand

Welcome to the world of "object manipulation" which covers everything from clubs (which your video is), staff, poi, juggling, balls, diablo, ropedart, meteors, etc.

Then you make it glow or light it on fire.

Club Spinning say been around for a long time.

Sow a video With Peps at Oldmannyc's house.

holy crap

what was making them change colors?

i'd imagine that they were lit internally with an LED running through a rainbow effect, or one that changes colors with a button press

Welcome to the world of "object manipulation" which covers everything from clubs (which your video is), staff, poi, juggling, balls, diablo, ropedart, meteors, etc.

See i knew someone would have def. known about this kind of thing LONG before i did lol i've seen other things like...using 6 to 8 smooth spheres, and manipulating them in circular motions in both hands, like juggling without throwing them up? it was like what you do with those two tiny zen balls you spin around in your hands? i've seen that done with those glowing or lit up and thought it was pretty cool. i've seen staffs and such but i just haven't seen it with juggling bowling pins :P so i thought this was cool.

Although i think a better show would have been them juggling chainsaws with the blades lit on fire and the engine changing LED rainbow colors :P i dunno, i just have ideas i guess haha

this must've been a bitch to choreograph @_@ that's amazing =o i like to see this done more and more with freehanding and glowstringing =3 so far there's a handful done with glowstrings but i want to see it pushed =3

These devices are Aerotech "Ultimate GloClubs" and they're fully COMPUTERIZED and Programmable using a USB interface to sync with music.

There is also an "Ultimate GloPoi" set available from them which is also programmable via USB as well as the "Ultimate GloStaff"... and Ultimate GloBalls are due out later this year.

Around $280 (140 GBP) for the poi set, charger not included. The 12 LEDs create 16 million colors and each poi unit weighs 90g.

These devices are Aerotech "Ultimate GloClubs" and they're fully COMPUTERIZED and Programmable using a USB interface to sync with music.

There is also an "Ultimate GloPoi" set available from them which is also programmable via USB as well as the "Ultimate GloStaff"... and Ultimate GloBalls are due out later this year.

Around $280 (140 GBP) for the poi set, charger not included. The 12 LEDs create 16 million colors and each poi unit weighs 90g.

holy shit thats expensive! not to mention the fact that you have to buy the charger SEPARATELY! seriously, if i'm shelling out that kind of cash, i'd better get the damned charger to go with it, and a damn storage bag or something!

The spinning was a bit underwhelming except for when they combined the spinning and juggling in that one section. The juggling was amazing though.

that was amazingly cool. @_@

and agreed, the spinning was nothing special but the giant juggling groups where they kept passing the stuff off was way awesome.

that's really awesome <3 i kinda want one now @_@

if you like it find a buddy to do a synchronized routine with and push the art =]

Topics on other forms of object manipulation belong in The Others section. Topic moved. :arrow:

Cool vid!

It would be cool to have some that sync via bluetooth or something. Program one and the rest are slaves...

Feeding the Fish have poi that make words via the LED's

I want to get some nice toys like that, all I have are wal-mart sticks :/

Really good video. Amazing....watched it twice...the most amazing thing is when they are juggling but moving around in a circle with a new person taking the juggle portion of it...and they never dropped it!!!!!!

this must've been a bitch to choreograph @_@ that's amazing =o i like to see this done more and more with freehanding and glowstringing =3 so far there's a handful done with glowstrings but i want to see it pushed =3

You got that right sir

That's pretty f-ing cool. :sm_bigeek:

Never saw that before.

Expensive 'toys' though!!

Damn, I want 'em too :(

Wow............ holy shit......that was 100 times cooler then fucking awesome, omg.........