Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fightforglory

Second Video

6 posts in this topic

Please citique it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnMlfBeoKzg

That was August 1st im Danny so im the first one in the video. That day i jsut started learning btb moves and the only one i could do was a 2 beat weave now ive gotten the 3 beat weave. Sorry about the lighting it was outside on my basketball court when it was dark i had all the lights around it on but the court lights would have made it too bright out there.

it seems like you both got the basic moves down, the weave, weave variations, basic wraps, etc. I would suggest that you workon refining your moves; focus on keeping everything in the right plane. Right now everything seems a bit sloppy. Remember, stringing is not a game of speed!

As you move on to more advanced moves, try making more elaborate, flowing combos. For now you have to seperate everything with the weave or the butterfly, which is fine, but as you get more movesdown focus on creating transitions for them.

Good luck and PLUR honeys.

great 2nd vid... could try offsetting ur speed. like having one stick go slower than the other.... adds a kewl look to weaves and such.

Yep, most critique has already been stated. It looks like you didn't edit anything but the transition between you and Chris. I suggest playing around with moviemaker and the like with the rest of the vid as well.

IMO A stringing vid loses half of it's meaning when all you can see are the light trails and not the person behind it. I'm sure you know how the old saying goes, 'too much light is always better than not enough light'.

Also keep in mind that usually once you put the vid on the comp, it turns out a lot darker than it looks on the cam screen.

All in all, keep it up! I like your speed and would love to see more videos from you that are a bit brighter.

Thankyou for all the comments oh and not gonna lie i did edit out the mess ups thought lol its kinda harder to tell than if the video was bright becasue i used fade transitions and that is not the music that was playing i overlayed this music instead so it makes it even harder to tell becasue the music doesnt jump. ive been working hard on my wraps and trying to transition but am not confident enough yet to put it into a video. Thanks again.

just keep on practicing and eventually you'll build up enough confidence to make a vid w/ more lighting.. :)