Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conn

Any Sydney Siders!?!

82 posts in this topic

If you want to have some stringing but still be 99% freehand, just learn butterflies. 99% of the time people will say "OMFG WOWZ DAT R TEH AWEZUM" but if you want more depth in stringing, actually put effort into it and look for some other moves.

I, myself, do stringing. As soon as I got the hang of stringing and got the feel for how the weight worked when it's spinning, I moved straight to handles.

_____

The main thing with stringing is people think they're going to hit themselves so they end up hitting themselves. There's a key solution to that - think you'll be awesome.

End rambling...

okay

some basics for stringing that are kind of a must are in wes's tutorial

umm... it includes weaves, alternate arm wraps (which i reckon are pretty awesome because they're good to work with), windmill and butterfly

for freehand

you should learn some threads, more body traces, tosses and yeah... be creative =]

tosses look really good if you can pull them off good and smoothly =]

if you dont know what some are just ask

woahh.. tide arc, really nice advice mate (Y) fkn love it

you to funk

about tosses lol I try alot just always seem slip them <_<. and really true Im always scared of hitting my self with glowstringing so I make my strings pretty short like 40ish cm

I can't find my strings (which is a shame because they're perfect length) but all I know is they're approaching (if not at) twice the length advised for handles... lawl. pretty fuckin' normal.

Doesn't that show how often I string if I don't even know the length of my handles-ropes xD

BTW what do you people use? I use nylon tent ropes with melted-to-fuse-fluffy-ends-together to prevent them from fluffing up so I can put other glowsticks on.

rofl

I use what evers at bigW

lol wtf. when I buy glowsticks at bigW they come with strings I just use it o.0-

I'm still very much alive in a glowsticking sense. Still go to events and clubs, nothing like a great glowsticking stage show every now and again. Four or five years now and still loving it <3

Although i must admit i have strayed from this site, mostly due to inactivity, nothing else.

But if you guys wanna meet up at an event or just a chat or something feel free, daniel.veljkovic@hotmail.com

Lol velk both of us have deserted this FORUM so bad.... Lol and spend heaps of time on Shufflin forums.... but yea man not many of us left from the old crew....

I can say that to all you freehanders out there.... Velk is #1 pro in Sydney

i still go to raves ... attending Xqlusive in dec.... my mate tavis will be there he is a TOP STRINGER..... Brian may come too.... but he probably only attend events if he can get in for FREE as he performs on Stage FIRE POI at Transmissions...... so there are still alot of people in Sydney who is very much still alive and kicking with the whole FREEHAND and Stringing.... but just not on FORUMS.....

hopefully one day to see some of you guys out in a club .. come say hi.... = )

Lol velk both of us have deserted this FORUM so bad.... Lol and spend heaps of time on Shufflin forums.... but yea man not many of us left from the old crew....

i still go to raves ... attending Xqlusive in dec.... my mate tavis will be there he is a TOP STRINGER..... Brian may come too.... but he probably only attend events if he can get in for FREE as he performs on Stage FIRE POI at Transmissions...... so there are still alot of people in Sydney who is very much still alive and kicking with the whole FREEHAND and Stringing.... but just not on FORUMS.....

lol trav he's gotta grow back that mowhawk he just looks odd without it and brian needs to cut off his moe lol he was at tiesto with me he paid lol they should both be at unity i know brian is, trav i dunno

umm yeah..

neways hows everyone doing LOL .

recently i attracted LED's to my dead glowsticks and glowstring its soo mad. although i can only do 2 beat weave and 3 beat and butterfly and 1 handed spirals if thats even a move LOL

im very nub glow stringer i usually just freehand but recently watching glowstring vids it really puts me in the mood so i decided to learn more glowstring .

if you wanna help me out

add my email

haha thats not old school brah

bet noone knows me lul

if any "stickers" were at xclusive u should be ashamed coz they all looked like teenie bopper bads to me .. or maybe im getting too old

haha thats not old school brah

bet noone knows me lul

if any "stickers" were at xclusive u should be ashamed coz they all looked like teenie bopper bads to me .. or maybe im getting too old

lol i gues ur getting old seeing as it was a over 18 party lol

my gf's australian lol soo ima australian ^_^

LOL . :L

thats good ? hehe

my bro and his friend's went to xqlusive

far, they kept talking about it and stuff...

sounds so awesome...

like the MC made an intro on an electric guitar

cant wait til im over 18 and attend a qdance event...

my bro and his friend's went to xqlusive

far, they kept talking about it and stuff...

sounds so awesome...

like the MC made an intro on an electric guitar

cant wait til im over 18 and attend a qdance event...

he just faked it lol they did it in studio not live for starters there was no where for the guitar to be pluged in and i was working there and we did nothing about getting any guitar amp i even asked dv8 after what all that shit was about and he said "just abit of fun" as long as other ppz baught it that is all that matters lol

GUYS im from Sydney Australia, Campbelltown.

We should seriously organise a meet up, we have enough people. all we need is co-operation and a location.

So cmon lets have the 1st ever Sydney GSC meet up in 2009 :)

is anyone going to 'summer break 09'?

its gonna be packed with tbs. =\

2125804377a9798467002l.jpg

GUYS im from Sydney Australia, Campbelltown.

We should seriously organise a meet up, we have enough people. all we need is co-operation and a location.

So cmon lets have the 1st ever Sydney GSC meet up in 2009 :)

yeh see you @ godspeed

he just faked it lol they did it in studio not live for starters there was no where for the guitar to be pluged in and i was working there and we did nothing about getting any guitar amp i even asked dv8 after what all that shit was about and he said "just abit of fun" as long as other ppz baught it that is all that matters lol

dam. lol

well, it looked good on the video