Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conn

Any Sydney Siders!?!

82 posts in this topic

Lols yay for the Under 18 Sydney Siders :L

Not many active stringers in Sydney tho... it died out.

lol, i tried stringing last night... major faail

i should stick to freehanding xD

LOL stringing is so painful BUT SO FUN! , i got so many bruises.and i only just started =(

Sydneys full of lil shuffling crews. Not sure if any of them are still into glowsticking, and if they were how many of them would come onto this website and find out about meetups.

allot of syd stringers dont go on forums some of em are too old they just meet up at raves and other edm events like they allways used to lat meet up was at umm homebush i forgot when i did'nt go better things to do lol we will all be at utopia tho and maybe defcon

so basicly we only meet at raves easy to spot we are only ppz with ultras

LOL. mucking around with the strings :D going too fast. and it hits my knuckles and head alot. im a beginner!

haha i hate all that above the head shit >< so much pain..

and i get hit in the nuts alot. when experimenting with butterfly.... lmao

I'm terrible with above the head shit... so... I avoid it! Except for flowers.

I myself prefer handles, to be honest, because I find it more... flexible. The one thing I can't do is that weird-ass bow-tie trick thing, other than that I can probably bullshit a way to getting what I need.

Still a "noob" at this, but I am practicing to get better.

LOL stringing is so painful BUT SO FUN! , i got so many bruises.and i only just started =(

Sydneys full of lil shuffling crews. Not sure if any of them are still into glowsticking, and if they were how many of them would come onto this website and find out about meetups.

hence that is so true, good point.

so we want to keep GSC on the low i see?

not really keeping GSC on the low. GSC is a great community, everyone is welcomed.

Its just if people did get back into glowstringing how many of them would know about this site? :D

ive referred my friends, but they gave up on glowstringing because it was too hard and painful lol

Lol,

i was introduced to this site by a friend... my other mates are not really into glow arts, they think its lamee hehe

not me! reckon its awesome if i get a chance i will make a proper video

those people that do give up after doing it for only a short time are only doing it to be cool

or because it's a fad

and that's lame...

sooo..

whatchu guys been upto? :P

I bet if there was regional a Glowsticking MySpace Facebook-y thing, there'd be a whole lot more breath in this activity simply because we could get "personal contacts".

MSN should do but it gets awfully lonely when there's people like me who sleep 12 AM - 6 AM, 4 PM - 7 PM and possibly at random times in between.

im still around! more of a lurker though - hanging out for a meetup yes!

sad because all of my friend that i cuold convince to come to raves with me no longer want to go so.. lone raver it is

im a stringer! and play with fire :)

pleased to meet you new guys!

my msn is kenikat_m@hotmail.com, anyone feel free to add, im an insomniac so im on there all random times of the night =^-^=

I bet if there was regional a Glowsticking MySpace Facebook-y thing, there'd be a whole lot more breath in this activity simply because we could get "personal contacts".

MSN should do but it gets awfully lonely when there's people like me who sleep 12 AM - 6 AM, 4 PM - 7 PM and possibly at random times in between.

lol whata a junkie ROFL :L

I'm still very much alive in a glowsticking sense. Still go to events and clubs, nothing like a great glowsticking stage show every now and again. Four or five years now and still loving it <3

Although i must admit i have strayed from this site, mostly due to inactivity, nothing else.

But if you guys wanna meet up at an event or just a chat or something feel free, daniel.veljkovic@hotmail.com

and where were you at fantasia then.... come to transmission tho gonna be phatt brian,travis and all that jazz should be there like we all were @ utopia

and where were you at fantasia then.... come to transmission tho gonna be phatt brian,travis and all that jazz should be there like we all were @ utopia

I prefer to go to clubs, events are too big and take it out of me, at least with a club i can go for a few hours and just head back home for next to nothing in terms of price

well, i reckon you should stick to freehanding for now

and when you're better you can incorporate some stringing to it

cause now its not very smooth

or you can practise more on the stringing side

adjust the length of the strings so that when you wrap it around your hands to freehand so that you dont need to worry about catching the sticks

if you get what im trying to say...

and yeah, most of it is stringing, just basic weaves or circles?

show us more

and yeah, practise/learn more transitions esp for the stringing

and learn how a smooth transition for stringing to freehanding, like a good way to wrap the strings around your hands.

awwe thanks mate. thanks for the advice really appreciated =]

yeahh. i tried to string but it was major fail LOL