Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jinn44

Thoughts. I'm not sure where i stand.

56 posts in this topic

don't we need to copyright our stuff so that we would be able to have something against them ?

As of right now, all works created, whether it be writing, photos, sketches, music, etc, ALL of it is automatically covered under copyright law, from the MOMENT OF ITS CREATION. The registration of copyright gives you more legal support, but is not an absolute necessity.

For example back in HS, they used "TurnItIn" to detect plagiarized works. I explicitly told them that my paper is copyrighted to me and as such, I deny them permission to add my paper to the TurnItIn database.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnitin

fair enough.. i'm sure the dude's gonna deny the allegation he stole the footage from us and claims he shot the video in the club blah blah.. his replies are really shady.. he claims it's not a battle but 'showcasing of skill' ehh for a price to be given there must be a competition.. for a competition to occur people will fight or battle for the prize.. he should make better excuses >_>

fair enough.. i'm sure the dude's gonna deny the allegation he stole the footage from us and claims he shot the video in the club blah blah.. his replies are really shady.. he claims it's not a battle but 'showcasing of skill' ehh for a price to be given there must be a competition.. for a competition to occur people will fight or battle for the prize.. he should make better excuses >_>

Wont matter. If it is indeed a GSC clip, it can be easily seen that it's identical through audio analysis and frame by frame analysis. Not only that, but we probably have contact to the original person who shot the video. Their submission to the site grants GSC rights to use as part of our copyright.

even if we get him to take the trailer down i think he's still gonna do it anyway.. from what i see right now he's just that kind of people who'll do anything for the money and he won't stop til he's satisfied..

even if we get him to take the trailer down i think he's still gonna do it anyway.. from what i see right now he's just that kind of people who'll do anything for the money and he won't stop til he's satisfied..

*shrug* If it is taken from a GSC clip, it wont matter. We can get it flagged and removed for copyright violations. Unauthorized usage of copyrighted material for commercial enterprise. Does not fall under the conditions of fair use.

Educational? No

Derivative work? Yes

What type of work was it taken from? Educational

Effect on marketability? Up for debate