Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FreddieC

Wish me Luck...

15 posts in this topic

Ok GS.C.

I'm kinda getting worried now since it's getting close but.....I'm heading to bootcamp on May 12 for the Marines. Any tips you guys? lol :question:

uhmmm.... some quote from full metal jacket, can't remeber right now :wallbash:

don't call a rifle "A gun"

best of luck

good luck freddie!

I guess no EDC this year for you... :(

well im not a hollywood Marine, Jamison can help you with there specifics

but for general knowledge:

It helps to work up your endurance by running and such for long distances, while taking break to do push ups, jumping jacks and other exercises (if you had a good recruriter you should have no problems)

Cut your hair the day before really short unless you want them digging into your head with their clippers

DI's are just doing their job to break you down, dont take the trash talking personal

and You can never be to loud or too fast

Some more tips

just sleep on top of the bed sheets, so that you dont have to make it after you wake up, or just move it a little so u can slide in and out

And when the DI's start playing games where you just keep going back and forth, its usually just to kill time

good luck freddie!

I guess no EDC this year for you... :(

I know :wacko:

That sucks....guess I'll just be going to lovefest instead and TAO

Some more tips

just sleep on top of the bed sheets, so that you dont have to make it after you wake up, or just move it a little so u can slide in and out

And when the DI's start playing games where you just keep going back and forth, its usually just to kill time

Thank you 2sec0...I'll keep all your tips in mind while I'm at bootcamp.

I agree don't take anything personal, the drill instructor's job is to break you down and build you into a marine. as for the running don't worry about that they will get you in shape. the thing about your drill instructors is that at first they will be your worst nightmare, but as you progress through bootcamp they begin transforming into more of a mentor.

Don't sweat it bro. When you leave boot you'll b like damn that sucked balls but it was hilarious. Yur entire first year yur in the fleet all you'll talk about is bootcamp. Then when you finally go to iraq you'll b like man thats it? I'm a tank mech and look, I'm on the internet chatting w/ u guys lol

Update to everyone bout our fellow devil dog.

Last time I spoke with him he was heading to SOI and sounded pretty good.

He's probably at his school right now

Maybe he'll send a line on here soon.

I'm not a marine, but my best friend is.

I would say, try to be in good shape when you get there.

They WILL break you eventually, so don't take what your instructors say personally.

Just listen to what they say and do it, no questions. It's not as bad as you think it will be. I mean it will suck, but it's not THAT bad.

Don't take shit from any of your fellow recruits. You might have to kick some ass!

Be ready for even more bullshit for the next 4 years of your life. Boot is gonna suck, and so is your advanced training after boot camp. But after all that is done, your life is gonna suck even more. You'll probably hate it. I know my buddy does.

lol, guys, he's already out.

SOI is pretty cool. my friends are stationed there. i wanted to go there but they didnt have a billet for me... o by the way im an 8404 corpsman.