Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sxsk17

Cigar Box "Juggling"

8 posts in this topic

I've been watching that "America's got Talent" show lately, and on last thursday's result show one of the filler people was a guy doing cigar box tricks. i thought it was really really interesting and would love to learn.

I also found a site with some basic tutorials to get one started: Tutorial Page

and I was wondering, does anyone here do this, or at least have some exposure to it? also, you can buy boxes on line (for $22 per 3!), but I was wondering if anyone has a good way to make some boxes that you could use for this, or some good box-objects to use? i've got a few ideas in my head, but, unfortunately, no time to try anything out in the next 2 weeks.

wow thats some pretty interesting stuff! i wouldnt mind seeing a performance of someone really good

Aaaah, the powers of youtube

In that second vid, the asian guy is AWESOME... Lol, yeah, this seems kinda cool :)

I do cigar boxes a little bit (I'm not very good) and I have a friend who is always making his own juggling equiptment. If I catch him, I'll see if he knows how to make boxes. You can get them cheaper than $22/box though. Go to seriousjuggling.com I think I have the dube brand and they were $10/box or so.

i had a friend who used to do all sorts of different kinds of juggling... he did a bit of the cigar boxes as well... he was pretty decent at it. unfortunately, havent seen him in over a year :(

wow, awesome videos.

i also posted about it being $22 per THREE boxes, but, looking a second time, that may be for one. seriousjuggling.com has ones that are $15.75/ea . thanks for the link.

Dube has the best cigar boxes you can buy. They are the ones pictured in most of those videos. They are nice, light, and durable...but very expensive. Then again...everything is super expensive at Dube.

I'd love to get into this though, it looks like a lot of fun.

I wonder if you could combine types of dance such as liquid into cigar box juggling. Or maybe even do traces with them. Eh.