Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melvenorc12

Inovastick v.2: Tutorial

133 posts in this topic

SHARPER IMAGE if you all have a shop called sharper image check there. Thats where i got mine. Anyway made a pair of these todays no mojo to add yet. Did some small modifications to making them as well. Didnt have shoe goop so i opt for Crafters glue gun! Anyway they turned out quite nice and im pleased. Just wondering how these will look with photons Freedoms, since they fall in the same line of click on click off like the inova. Ordered a pair ill post my results.

Guest wuxanaXan
SHARPER IMAGE if you all have a shop called sharper image check there. Thats where i got mine. Anyway made a pair of these todays no mojo to add yet. Did some small modifications to making them as well. Didnt have shoe goop so i opt for Crafters glue gun! Anyway they turned out quite nice and im pleased. Just wondering how these will look with photons Freedoms, since they fall in the same line of click on click off like the inova. Ordered a pair ill post my results.

lol seriously?

i never see them at sharper image

maybe ill have to ask next time i go

nor do i know of target carrying inovas...

ill have to check there too

-___-

ha surprising huh? Prices on the Inovas from Sharper image run about 9.95 each.

Guest wuxanaXan

lol

...oh crap 9.95?

well, i guess its better then brookstone leds

they run $13 each in the three packs that they have

plus they break real easy

-___-

oh man... if you guys ever do find it at fry's or target... it should be $6.99

and if you're lucky on ebay... maybe you can find it for a lower price...

Guest wuxanaXan

yea...

just checked with the sharper image near me this weekend,

they dont have inovas.

-___-

they dont have led lights. period.

kind of lame huh?

I just got two white inovas at target for 6.95 each. Time to make me some inovasticks =]

i found an ebay store about a month ago, he sells photons and inova's

about 5.49 + shipping so about $9.00 for each

sadly this is my last resort

but there is always frys.com

I couldn't find wonderwater locally so I tried using an acrylic water kit that I got in the craft section at Wal Mart which is pretty much a bottle of clear epoxy resin and a bottle of activating agent that hardens into a clear gel when mixed together.

I just poured the resin in the sticks last night. Early results indicate that it sucks. The light distribution is awful. I'm going to wait until its completely set and see if that changes.

haha it seems great minds think alike.

I made me a pair of these waaaay back and I lost them in my move up here.

this makes me want to make another pair...

LOW POWER FTW!

just wondering, but in the how to make the cut part, you stated that in one part, the lines should be 10.5 mm apart while at another part, you stated that they should be 6.2 mm apart. Which one is it?

just wondering, but in the how to make the cut part, you stated that in one part, the lines should be 10.5 mm apart while at another part, you stated that they should be 6.2 mm apart. Which one is it?

Whoa O.O. I really don't remember writing that.

It should definitely be the 6.2 mm apart.

just an idea couldn't you glue some saran-wrap to the inside of the stick above the mojo so it doesn't flow back out?

ok guys i have a few tihngs to add ^_^

first: i found a new place to get inovas from, i've only seen white from here but, find your local sports authority and go in the camping good section they have them there bout 7.95 or so cut down from 9.95 at my place

second: if you do not want to use a goop type of mojo for a weight additive, i used some sticky tac to both seal up the tip i drilled out and to add weight and balance. i used a punch and some alen wrenches to pack it in tight so u dont lose a lot of light space inside. you pack it after you made all of your cuts, so then u can get the alen wrench in there.

here are some pictures with the sticks off and on so you can see how they look :D

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

these are my first sticks that i've made so they are not yet perfected, but im sure with a little adjustment i could make them better :P

hope this helps you out

Muzz

:dope

In an unbroken stick, how big is the glass exactly?

if the glass isn't too long, couldn't you have skipped the whole part of drilling a whole at the bottem? Couldn't you just have gone the the step where you cut the sides and drain the liquid + glass from there?

edit: and... if the glass is too big, can't you just do the step where you have to cut the side and just drain then crack the glass. (and finally empty?)

just wondering, anyone try this yet?

I made a pair of these today....and omfg, after spending hours inhaling the smell of sharpie/glowstick goo, it gave me quite a headache.

Totally paid off, though. These things are amazing.

Thanks sooo much for sharing this epic toy. I am going to make so many more of these ((I have like 8 iNovas....so I plan to make a dozen or so more...wheee))

wow not only is that a great idea but its a fantastic tutorial and you have massive skills, totally impressive will try this out with some ravns TY 4 the idea