Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Griever

You know you're a raver when...

58 posts in this topic

You know you're a raver when...

01. You have gone through checkpoints and even took a shuttle bus to get to the undisclosed venue, because you later find out that it wasn't permitted in the first place.

02. You have been to a rave party in which you couldn't even get inside since they reached capacity. Fire codes would be violated otherwise.

03. Water is at least $3 per bottle.

04. You have cracked ultras right in the middle of the crowd, and pretty much everyone turns around right away.

05. People call you by your raver name, and don't even bother to ask you what your real name is.

06. People have seen your videos on YouTube.

07. You have given lightshows before, and received a hug right after. They must have been rolling balls for that.

08. People ask you if you're rolling at a party and it doesn't even matter if you are or not since everyone is just having a good time.

you know your a raver...

when your raver name is Ravergirl...lol.

Oh and when people call you "THE Ravergirl".

gs.c makes me feel famous.

-RG

You know your a raver when...

People recognize your hat easier than your face. :D >.<

you know you're a raver when... you go shopping and start picking out clothes that'd be good for your next rave instead of what you originally went for

or

you know you're a raver when.... you go on plurspace more then myspace =)

scratch that u no your a raver when your on gs.c more than myspace. lol

haha agreed, i probably am browsing on here or plurspace more then myspace by far

-- You're listening to music and people say "Ohhh techno" and you immediately correct them by saying "No that's hardcore/hard house/progressive trance/ Drum & Bass/etc..."

-- You know what kikpants or phat pants are

-- you know what a map-point is

lol - almost everything people have posted in here i do/ have done

damn - i must be a raver :P

this thread should be in homebase -

You know you're a raver when-

-You've got more pony beads than the kid's craft department at Michaels

-You can endure, and enjoy the screeching noises and high-pitched voices of Happy Hardcore and the mind-pounding bass and chaos of Hardstyle.

-You ask the DJ to turn the bass up, even though nobody can hear already.

-You make threads with the title "You know you're a raver when..." x']

You know your a raver when from the second you wake up until you fall asleep, there are techno or trance beats playing on your radio.

or.. you wear your sunglasses inside even when it's almost completly dark

or... your standing in line at the pharmacy and you start practicing your glowsticking with 2 tubes of tooth paste on the beat that's playing in your head

:)

you know you're a raver when you consider one of you people skills giving good massages, or you carry vicks with you or in your car at all times

you know your a raver when everytime someone mentions raving techno or puts something glowing infront of you. a smile slow spreads across your face :)

ha. I'm the same way....

I love techno and anything that glows, lights up or blinks multicolors :)

here's another one...

you know you're a raver when you're 'sticking at a club and some drunk walks up to you and says "hey, are you rollin'?" and you're not!! True story...happend to me ;)

or you're buying all the glowsticks from a store and somebody asks "what's with all the glowsticks?" LOL!!

When you got enough dead glowsticks to build a castle out of. Or cover your car completely.

Seriously, that would awesome

...when you go broke buying on sale glowsticks (or)

...when you throw dead glowsticks all over you bed just to look at them. :whistle:

you know your a raver...

when your raver name is Ravergirl...lol.

Oh and when people call you "THE Ravergirl".

gs.c makes me feel famous.

-RG

you know there is a thread completely devoted to you on dsi???

I saw it and was like "hey... I know that glowsticker =)"

http://www.dontstayin.com/groups/poi-addicts/chat/k-2774729

anyways...

you know your a raver when...

1) you have 5000 glowsticks littering your room and refuse to get rid of them for "sentimental" reasons

2) you buy your clothes based on how they feel rather than how they look

3) you cant help but make a beat with that sound you hear when you drive past something with the windows rolled down

4) your ears no longer ring after a party

5) you cant drive past an empty field, warehouse, theater, or McDonalds play place without thinking "we could throw such an awesome party there"

6) the millage on your car jumps exponentially every weekend

7) you have labeled a glowstick from every party with the name of the party, the date, and the location

you no your a raver when your parents tell all thier friends that you rave. and one of thier friends gootaa blow it and tell your parents about rollin. and your parents then sit you down and talk to you about drugs. and then you inform them you rave for fun not for drugz

...you can order "the usual" at the local dennys, at 5 in the morning.

...your camera is full of pictures of random people, and pictures that you seriously can't remember taking.

...you actually buy vicks, because nobody else on earth actually buys that stuff.

...you can open the plasticky stuff on cigarette packs, and put it back together so it looks like its unopened. :D

When you got enough dead glowsticks to build a castle out of. Or cover your car completely.

Seriously, that would awesome

QUICK, RAVE-MAN!

TO THE STICKMOBILE!

you know you're a raver when you can no longer connect with mainstream people whose brainwaves only resonate with less profound and enlightening forms of music (aka non-trance/ electronica) and have never experienced a death of the ego and return to Jung's "collective unconscious"

jk i'm a hater

jk, i'm half-kidding. the rave experience is so profound that you know you are one when you have gone through it and emerged a different person--a more appreciative citizen of the cosmos, a sense that you are much smaller than you really are yet connected with all the energies of the world--

and when you go around telling everyone the next day about your trip down the rabbit hole, no one seems to understand what you are talking about, except other ravers who have experienced the same thing.

YOU BECOME A SOCIAL OUTCAST AND END UP IN THERAPY

the end

First off, you are made of pure liquid awesome, just for saying that.

Secondly, trip down the rabbit hole... cosmos.... connected with all the energies of the universe.. So, spent many Festivals on fungus? lol :biggrin2:

I'm not being accusatory, just curious.

You know you're a raver when you can still hear the music pounding in your brain for months after your last party experience.

I know I do!