Dier

Official GS.C Utah Thread!

424 posts in this topic

If I don't get a chance to meet up with you in Vegas or EDC, Adrillf, I'll come to one of the Utah events =)

It's only a few states away, and I've never been, so it'll be an experience haha.

Besides, then in the future I could tell people that I learned handles from Adrillf himself ;)

I love traveling... gives me an excuse to do more.

By the way, I did some research and because we're not going to actually be IN Salt Lake but outside of Salt Lake I decided to ask the community center near where Luv2k will actually be held. . .

Magna Fitness and

Recreation Center and Pool 250-2194

3270 South 8400 West

I can't say for sure because I needed to wait for a person that is in charge to book a room, but from the sounds of it, this might be the place.

By the way, I'll give 10 bonus points to whoever can show me on a map where Luv 2k will be held, because I can not find it. (it doesn't help that it's almost 4:00 in the morning, either, but I can't find it)

Edited by Adrillf

So I can't find anyone from brigham that will come with me to luv2k :(, but I have a friend from slc that is having a b day party before the event, and maybe this. Might have to pick some bums up to bring! Also found a lack of LACES FOR ME! My old ones are poop, and these new ones are too long. Es no bueno

I'm starting to look around in my town since West Jordan isnt way to far away from it. I found one place inside my Gym, downside is there is a huge glass wall which leaves no privacy. So I'm looking elsewhere to see what I can find.

You get 10 points. Good job on that one.

Edit: I've been talking to Dan (the guy in charge at the Magna Center) and from the sounds of it everything will be good to go for an hour or two (if we want it) meet up. The question is when do we want to meet and how long of a meet up do we want to have?

Edited by Adrillf

maybe 45 mins - hour? and what time does the event start? 9? maybe at 7:30 or 8

edit* event starts at 7, so maybe 5:45 / 6

Edited by Jokur

sounds good to me. i am in west jordan almost everyday. my girlfriend lives out there. i might have a bunch of sticks by then, but maybe not. i hope that i can get a lot though. well see. but good job getting all the things with the room taken care of Adrillf.

being in west jordan is comepletly unrelated to anything. i just noticed that dier lives out there.

Edited by nateleven

It starts at 8:00, but considering that I'm personally going to want to get there on time so I can be there as long as possible, I'm going to schedule the room for 6:30 to 7:30 and that way we'll have time to drive to Saltair.

I've got the room taken care of, and now that means that all of you people have to fill it up. Bring friends, cohorts, and anyone else that just wants to stand around. If you're feeling really nice you can even bring cookies and chips or something else to eat 8-}.

Awsome it sounds good Adam, whats the exact address of the place? What do we need to about music? Do you BYU kids have a ride? I"ll talk to brandon tonight and tell him about it. Have you guys all got your ticket? They're going up in price this week so try to hurry up and get them. Everyone bring your cameras to atleast the meet up I'll bring a video and a still camera into the Rave, i was going to bring the high quality SLR Nikion into the Rave, but i'm afraid it'll get damaged and or stolen. Plus its a pain to spin and lug that beast around.

sweet, I will try to bring my digital camera if I come. My friend is throwing a b day party at 7, so I might come for a bit then head to her cafe. and yea, just picked my ticket up for 22 at the zen in ogden

If you look into previous posts, there's the adress for the Magnum recreation center.

As for the time, they close at 7:00 so that means that I booked the times from 6:00 to 7:00, you can deffinatley show up about ten or fifteen minutes early if you want because they said that we can do that.

As for music, there's a sound system in the room so we don't need to worry about that, I'll bring CD's and that should be enough for the hour that we'll have the room.

As for the BYU kids, I know that me and my friends have gotten a ride. I haven't talked to Mike/Kael, so I don't know if he needs a ride or not. As for the meet up, I'll be bringing with me 4 other people.

Hope to see you all there.

me and sorrow will try our damndest to be there, just not sure if work will interfere. but, i would quit if i had to. this sounds good guys, cant wait.

Just got all of my tickets for me and my friends, also got my box of glowsticks ready to go.

I can hardly wait.

I'm pretty pumped that we finally got a decent meet up going on.

is there any kind of charge? just curious. i got my tickets for luvfest. i dont think i can make it to luv2k, but ill do all i can to be at the meetup.

It was only $20 for the room for an hour, so I don't mind putting that down to meet up with all of you crazy kids. If you want to bring a donation, bring it in the form of food, drinks, glowsticks, or just a plain good attitude. $20 isn't that much, so the biggest donation that you can make is to show up and have a good time, if you're able to do that then you don't owe a single thing. However if you show up and are a party pooper, then I'll charge you one swift kick in the groin.

On Friday or Saturday, I'll go through this entire thread PMing everyone that's posted information on this thread about this meet up, but please if you know someone in real life, tell them about this, stick them in a bag if they're not willing to come on their own, and drag them to this. The more the merrier. Even if you're not going to go to Luv2k, at least try to show up for the meet up.

It's all coming together! My friends B day doesn't start til 7, so i will be able to make it to both! hooray! Now I just need to find me some laces, some sticks, and some more moves before next sat!

I just sent out a massive amounts of PMs to anyone that has ever introduced themselves in this thread, so hopefully a few other people will show up.

ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!

I hope the weather clears up more than this because this is awful. And the number I have for Kael, doesn't work is he still going to be coming? Brandon is going to be coming to.

I have no clue about Kael, I've only seen him once this semester and that was in the hallways when I was running to catch a bus so I could go to work. I'll try to catch him on AIM but as of right nwo I don't know where he stands on this.

If i'm not able to make it to the meetup, might have to catch some of you at the event. We should meetup somewhere inside at like, 11 or 12?

It won't be that hard to find us once we get to the event. Just look for the tall white guy using handles, looking like he actually knows what he's doing. It's one of those crazy things with Utah, not that many people glowstick, and out of those that do, those that really know what they're doing are from gs.c. Just try to look around the back of the dance floor and I'm sure you'll be able to find me. I'll even be wearing a gs.c shirt so it won't be too difficult to find me.

Also if you're early-ish to it, there won't be that many people on the floor and you'll be able to pick me out even quicker than normal.

ONLY ONE MORE DAY!!! (then we can finally say amazing thigns like, "you're a lot shorter than what I expected")