Dier

Official GS.C Utah Thread!

424 posts in this topic

lol I particularly like the "get a job" part. That's bad ass. Who here in Utah still free hands?

lol I particularly like the "get a job" part. That's bad ass. Who here in Utah still free hands?

Me and a couple of freinds still freehand, though we are particularly failing at throws and some tracers xD But still practicing :)

Summer's starting to wrap up, so I"m able to log on a bit more and do other things besides sleep and work, so I just wanted to bump this thread around a bit.

Friday- room 2206 in the RB on BYU campus from 8-10 the German club is putting on a "Techno Fest"

Promises of techno, glowsticks, AND COOKIES have been made.

Entrance fee is only $1, and the turn out will be sort of small from the sounds of everything, but it's an excuse for gs.c people to get together.

See you kids there.

Wow, BYU and an event their calling "techno fest." I can only imagine how this is going to turn out.....If I still lived in UT I would maybe, just MAYBE goto this but yet....Probably not.

I'm curious to hear about it though....So if you end up going post about it here please.

Thanks

All things considering the "techno fest' put on my the German club didn't go as bad as I thought it would. The turn out and the crowd was as bad as I thought, but the music wasn't bad at all.

I did however manage to run into two guys from Redlands who were decked out in phat pants and the whole 9 yards, so I talked with them for a bunch, and then we even went to a quazi after party put together by EDP.

NOTE TO ANYONE IN THE PROVO AREA- IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO AN EDP CONCERT- GO.

I knew that they had sick beats and sick mixes, but when you see it live, it's that much better. Sure, be wary and think that they're just college DJ's and amatures, but go to one of their events and they will prove to you that there is nothing amature at all about Electric Dance Party.

Well Hi Kids, I's been awhile, whats going on?

Wow ive missed another meetup, this is getting really frustrating to say the least.

I think all the kids are basically swamped with homework and such from school after all that is what is keeping me busy :/

EDP is having another party tommorow. They were good the first time that I ran into them, and now I'm going to show up again. Show up if you can. It'll be fun.

Well, I never visited the Regional Information forum before. Howdy, y'all!

There seems to be a format:

Name: Logan (but I answer to Foxfire)

School: BYU

Ride Status: Nice friends with a car, but they're just as busy as I am, so it's intermittent.

Dance Style: Mainly stringing, a little freehand.

Time Span of Dancing: A while. About 6 years. But I've been saying that for a year. Depends on when you start counting.

Goals: Master everything about handles.

Other: My schedule is pretty packed with work & school, but I can usually manage to be free Thursday & Saturday evenings. Or Tuesdays after 8. Except for second Thursdays every month.

Buhahahahahahahaha

Another BYU student, and I didn't have anything to do with this one! We must figure out this whole, meet up thing. And you even like handles, an added bonus.

What are you doing Monday afternoon-ish, I get out of my last class at noon. Yay for morning classes!

*starts hunting around for his handles* I'm going to have to practice a bit if I'm going to be doing this, I'm beyond rusty.

What are you doing Monday afternoon-ish, I get out of my last class at noon. Yay for morning classes!
Can't make it a regular event (gotta go to work), but in theory I can make myself free from 1:00-3:00, or 4:00-6:00. Aside from paid work (which is flexible) & homework, I have no existing plans at those times.

Well that's easy then.

1:00 Next Monday- that would be the 7th if I did the math in my head right- in the center part of the JFSB.

I have no shame. It'll be impossible to miss me, I'll be the one spinning things with the bright yellow gs.c "post whore" bag.

http://www.cafepress.com/glowstickingcom.23555972

Hey, I'm back!!! I've been out of the country for a while... 2 years actually. So I'm trying to jump back into stringing again, I'm super rusty!

Anyone down for a meetup? Maybe after finals?

_Matt

Holy balls, I haven't checked this thread in ages. I know it's forever since I posted in it, but I just thought that UT had started to slow down.

Yay for certain 2 years breaks from doing things while you travel abroad! *cough* Missions *cough*

I'll try to keep up on this thread to see what's going on, but feel free to PM me because I do get notifications on my gmail when people send me PM's on gs.c.

Holy balls, I haven't checked this thread in ages. I know it's forever since I posted in it, but I just thought that UT had started to slow down.

Oi, me neither. Saw someone spinning flowlights in their front yard right across the street from me a couple weeks ago, but they went inside before I managed to get over there and say hi. Anybody happen to live on the west side of 700 E, just south of 600 N, Provo?

Meetup this weekend? Anyone down?

I'm moving back to Utah....Roy/Ogden area :-D

Once I do, I'll get bxcommando to come out haha.

• Upvote 1

Sweet! I'm in Ogden. Let me know when and we'll jam sometime. I gotta get going again and learn some new stuff.

Edited by seamore

Yeah plans have changed......

I'll be back even sooner!!! I'll probably be living in the Terrace area with some buds. Once I get back and get all settled in I'll put something in here or send you a PM!

• Upvote 1

Ogden is a little too far north for my tastes, but if you're ever in SLC and know about it at least a little while before hand, put it on here and I'll try to make it.

I went to Get Lucky over the weekend and saw a few new faces. If you see this, feel free to message me. I was the guy using blue and white handles and jamming out as hard as he could to Gammer.

Sooo... Is glowsticking a thing anywhere in utah? Or anywhere?