Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laces

Second Practice Vid

10 posts in this topic

I havent been practicing much lately but I decided to mess around and put together a small vid for you guys to critique. I didnt have much room to string so thats why there arent really any weaves or different crossers and fountains. Ill make another when I have time and room.

Thanks!

My Second Practice Vid

What you have is definitely clean, and it seems like you're really set in what you've learned, as it does make the video quite repetitive. You did a ton of spirals there ...Now, is that necessarily a bad thing? No. the way you'd want to think of that now, though, is "how can I make my spirals more interesting to watch?" whether it be reducing the amount, or just doing them in different ways, like btb, to the side, under your leg or what have you. The same could be said for your crossers or wraps. basically the main thing to work on now is variation.

You have what you learned, all here in the vid....now put it to the side. Try thinking of new ways to do what you're doing (new places to wrap, different wallplanes to do crossers in, different crossers in general, etc.) or just thinking of new things to learn all together. Now that you have what you have, try working on some slightly more advanced stuff and build up over time. Whatever that stuff may be is completely up to you, just make sure it's something that's adding to your arsenal and not taking away or making it stagnant.

The trick is, you don't want to get stuck in your ways; doing moves to muscle memory is good to the extent that they're not the only moves you do, but you just know them well enough to throw them out there from time to time. Try working on more transitions and finding creative ways to do so. There was a point where you wrapped the sticks all the way up into their respective hands...then you didn't do anything...you just went back into your routine. At that point right there, you could've opened up doors to various ideas; you could have transitioned into a freehand set, or into some sort of string manipulation, whatever you could think of. Just don't let opportunities such as that slip by or else they're pointless. Points like that are chances to add something innovative to your style or at least further improve it.

To sum it up, work on variation and enhancing your combos, whether it be by learning new moves or finding various ways to do the ones you have so they at least look different. Transitioning is key, don't let chances to do so pass by. Hope to see more of your progress, looking good man. Keep it up.

During your video i noticed that many of your combos are right-hand oriented, that is, most of the interesting stuff involves your right arm and leg. Its cool that you got the spiral and handcuffs down but doing them as many times as you did inthe video i would suggest learning handcuff and spiral variations, such as link catching and thumb splitting. YOur combo in the beginning of the video had too many double wraps IMO, try flowing one wrap to another instead of doing both sticks at the same time. Good Luck and PLUR honey.

As stated from other people, I think you did a lot of spirals. But some of your combos were really good. I think you should start working on new combos maybe try different moves behind the back or under the leg, etc. But it was a good video, keep up with the practice.

Nice song too you care to tell me who the song is by =P.

:dope nice lighting... you got most of the stuff down pretty smoothly.... but you tend to be repetitive w/ the spirals and those wrap combos... but then again... nice job on getting those crossers down... it took me about 6 months to get those... :P

:dope nice lighting... you got most of the stuff down pretty smoothly.... but you tend to be repetitive w/ the spirals and those wrap combos... but then again... nice job on getting those crossers down... it took me about 6 months to get those... :P

thanks for all the feedback guys! i really appreciate it. i kinda knew that was comin about the whole "too many spirals and double wraps" thing cause for some reason ive been doin those more than i should lately but ill keep practicing and set those aside and try to learn some new stuff

that's the spirit... I'll be awaiting your next vid...

good job, what you do know how to do, you do well. Keep it up!

SeVeN said it all. What you have is clean all you have left to do is build, sorry for making that seem easy - lets try it again. " Ehem... what you have is clean all you have left now is the horrific task of BUILDING " There we go I think that captures the seriousness. We'll be watching out for the next vid.

SeVeN said it all. What you have is clean all you have left to do is build, sorry for making that seem easy - lets try it again. " Ehem... what you have is clean all you have left now is the horrific task of BUILDING " There we go I think that captures the seriousness. We'll be watching out for the next vid.

hey thanks man, i really like your vids dude, you got some pretty outstanding shit bro!

im already workin on completely redoing my stuff and forgetting all i know and learning purely new stuff for a bit. then ill put some of my "building" progress up and see how it goes. thanks a lot man

<33

p.s.

"No I dont battle. I am black and a guy... that is already two strikes as it is." <----that was hilarious! i litereally laughed out loud when i read that!! :sm_biggrin: