Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Azzie

FS: Kandi (Bracelets)/ Jewelry

45 posts in this topic

New year, new ideas.

Kandi, History, Thoughts and Visions of the Future

Kandi (variations include Candee, Kandy, Candi) is a peice of beaded jewlery normally made from pony beads which has become a prominant fixture in the raver culture/scene; I wasn't able to find that much information on how kandi got started but most agree on one thing; that it is unique to our culture, that it is a sign of friendship and love and that it is an outward expression of the brightness and overall wonderment that washes over us as we dance, listen, or just vibe to music and everyone around us.

Getting into Kandi for me at first was difficult, being a loner and hating bright colors, it was a culture shock for my sensible clothing and heels, the first time I was sent Kandi as a gift by Squirrel, one of the members on gsc; I was taken aback by the coloration, but I couldn't help but put it on and move it about....I couldn't wait until it was dark so I can see it glow...I walked around the house, looking for dark corners so that I can see the glimmer of shine it might have a few hours later, it was a great experience and gave me a sense of belonging here on gsc and in the scene in general even though I didn't know that much about it at the time.

I started making kandi or at least wanting to, the very next day after I got my first piece; I wanted to spread the warmth that I felt to as many people as I can, I started to encounter a huge problem with wearing and giving kandi; where else can I wear this? I want to be able to wear it all the time, I want it to match me and my lifestyle, I want it to be a conversation peice but at the same time suit me and tell the world more about my personality...so I started on a quest to find beads that could represent the scene and individuality at the same time, so .... now with glass beads, acrylic painted beads and pony beads, I make Kandi that I can wear with my business suits, that I can wear when I slap on some chucks and a t-shit or when I'm lounging around the house....It means alot to me that I can feel more like an individual with this project and I hope that everyone that gets a peice of my kandi feels the love and belonging I felt when I got my first piece and looks for the glimmer of shine I couldn't wait to see in mine.

So, I have plain pony bead peices made with definitive patterns and I have glass beads and pony bead patterns as well as pure glass beads/clay bead patterns.

Unfortunately blown glass beads are pretty expensive to I can't give them all away for free so these will be priced.

Regular acrylic pony beads will be 4 for $10.00 with each being $ 4.00

Hybrid pieces with both pony beads and glass peices are 3 for $12 with each being $5.00

Blown glass peices/collection pieces will be $10.00

Paypal: azriela@glowsticking.com

Collections will be run every two months, first collection "Midnight, As dark as....."

The pictures below are of regular kandi...later on more advanced beads:

201_0100.jpg

201_0101.jpg

201_0099.jpg

201_0103.jpg

201_0104.jpg

201_0109.jpg

201_0105.jpg

201_0110.jpg

Those are pony beads made from acrylic. :D Shinny. More pictures later.

Please note: That you can contact either Aden or I for anything related to this venture. Thankies.

awsome !!!! i want some azzie kandi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight Collection:

M1 The Decipher Piece (Sold) Can be remade

117.jpg

M2 The Jay Piece a.k.a. El Bueno (Sold) Can be re made, one week of wait time.

118.jpg

M3 aka MadRaverRai Piece. (Sold) Can be re made, at least one week of wait time.

119.jpg

M4

121.jpg

M5 - Ginseng on the rocks

120.jpg

M6

122.jpg

M7

131.jpg

M8

130.jpg

nice... i particularly liked the bubble-dotted (erm... lol) M3 beads :)

Nice kandi azzie

ive never owned kandi, some day!

awww

the midnight collection is awesome @.@ are the hybrids a collection of their own @.@?

Not really, but don't give me ideas....lol

nice... i particularly liked the bubble-dotted (erm... lol) M3 beads :)

Thank you, that's the MadRaverRai piece....that's his fav too. :D

m5 is gorgeous

Thank you Bueno, Decipher and Rai for claiming the first three pieces. I appreciate your support!

MadRaverRai piece is nuts yo. Just bananas. I'm def rockin this when I'm out. Very nice work Azzie.

im pretty sure kandi is a symbol of friendship, love, and belonging from one raver to another...not, "here, im goin to buy some beads and sell them."

this thread is taking away from all the purity of kandi.

.....*sigh*...begin the flaming.

No one say a word to this guy. Just ignore him cause he wants the attention or whatever the fuck. All posts against him will be deleted by me. Because the best revenge on someone is to not acknowledge them at all. Plus I don't want this thread to be ruined because I know hundreds of people will flame this guy.

Anyway, ravers gotta eat too. You're doin a great thing Azzie, thats why I'm backing you and Aden all the way. Don't let haters get in the way of anything. If I did that I would never have made it this far. As for unity and friendship, you know how tight we are here in the N Y C. I haven't seen a closer family/community anywhere else on the boards.

im pretty sure kandi is a symbol of friendship, love, and belonging from one raver to another...not, "here, im goin to buy some beads and sell them."

this thread is taking away from all the purity of kandi.

.....*sigh*...begin the flaming.

Lol I'll respond cause i'm fun like that.

Azzie has given away HUNDREDS of kandi at meetups. These glass beads he ordered special with her own money. She is recouping her costs and profits going towards the '08 glowsticking.com meetup in NYC ya putz.

HOW TO IGNORE SOMEONE

if you want to respond to what i wrote bandit you can PM me. Because I will just delete the posts here.

BACK ON TOPIC

Felix, Rai, I'm glad you guys love your pieces. Cleric...dude..when am I going to see you? I made one specially for you....

Decipher and Bueno, yours should be in the mail tomorrow, I'll pm you guys tracking numbers. Thank you guys for your support, I really appreciate it.

And bandit, if you'd like a piece of kandi, on the house...just pm me your address, I have tons of kandi that don't have glass beads if you are interested.

nah, i did not post here to receive attention. I was not aware that azzie has given away kandi, i thought that kandi was being exploited, therefore i was merely trying to defend it and do what i thought was right. My apologies to you azzie, and anyone else i have offended.

Its no problem at all, misunderstandings happen all the time.

Thank you for apologizing though, its much appreciated and like I said, no worries..its all love.

you know... i hate to say it... but I kinda agree with bandit's previous statement. I've always kinda thought that selling kandi defeats the purpose of it... that being said, Azzie definately has some great peices. I understand that money was spent on making the kandi... my room-mate has spent HUNDREDS of dollars on specialty beads alone (glass, dichro, funky shapes, toys, you name it, its in her collection)... and thats not even including the pony beads. She has given away hundreds of peices and never sold a single one. Its all about the love that was put into it. Now, azzie, I'm not saying your a bad person, I just dont quite agree with what your doing. Seriously though... have you ever seen someone sell kandi at a rave?

They sell Kandi in California.

Also,

These glass beads he ordered special with her own money. She is recouping her costs and profits going towards the '08 glowsticking.com meetup in NYC.
Raising funds for NY SSBMU.

You should come.