Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AquaManThane

Stringing With Knifes

83 posts in this topic

So, I was bored one day and wanted to string with knifes... I can do a lot more moves with them now... and I'll make another vid soon... but I hope you all enjoy this... PS - please don't try this! and if you do.... be careful!!!!!!!! I already cut myself 2 times :dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rko2s8NT4IY

While I applaud your efforts, three things.

1) Andr3w already brought it up.

2) That was an extremely dumb thing to do, I saw in the video at 00:45 how you did it. You drilled a small hole into it from the side and the back of the hilt to create a loop. Now what would have happened if that plastic hilt had broken from the force of a swing while you were stringing in front of other people? The knife goes flying. At the very least, you drill it STRAIGHT THROUGH the hilt, so that it goes through the entire thing through the side.

3) Kitchen knives are bad. Use a throwing knife, they're better. Either that or a dagger that they use in martial arts for rope/chain weapons

While I applaud your efforts, three things.

1) Andr3w already brought it up.

2) That was an extremely dumb thing to do, I saw in the video at 00:45 how you did it. You drilled a small hole into it from the side and the back of the hilt to create a loop. Now what would have happened if that plastic hilt had broken from the force of a swing while you were stringing in front of other people? The knife goes flying. At the very least, you drill it STRAIGHT THROUGH the hilt, so that it goes through the entire thing through the side.

3) Kitchen knives are bad. Use a throwing knife, they're better. Either that or a dagger that they use in martial arts for rope/chain weapons

1) yeah, i just read the rules and am in the process of correcting things there =)

2) Mmmm, why is a dumb thing to do? If i get cut, I get cut... I love doing dangerous things, it's fun and i get a lot of pleasure out of it... adrenalin junky!!! I was going to go thru the whole thing but the steal was too strong for my drill... and the hilt is def. more than strong enough to spin for months on end. haha, yeah i wouldn't spin if people were around... only by my lonesome will i do it.

3) HAHAHA, you're a freakin' genius... I have throwing knifes... didn't think to use them... i'll give that a go see how it is... thanks =)

2) Mmmm, why is a dumb thing to do? If i get cut, I get cut... I love doing dangerous things, it's fun and i get a lot of pleasure out of it... adrenalin junky!!! I was going to go thru the whole thing but the steal was too strong for my drill... and the hilt is def. more than strong enough to spin for months on end. haha, yeah i wouldn't spin if people were around... only by my lonesome will i do it.

Now what would've happened if you had a swing where it didnt happen the way you were expecting and the blade came flying at your throat or eyes? Plus, your decision to drill it the way you did, when you swing it, it holds the blade at a slightly odd angle, which increases the possibility of a mishap. If you had drilled straight through, then it would've been perfectly straight. Which would you rather have, an blade you know wouldnt flop around or one where there's the possibility it would?

WtF..

THats not good influence at all..

someones going to get hurt.. :sm_bigeek:

Freaken GXG...

Yeah, that's why I put the warning up... People should have common sense not to try this... if they don't... well, they'd be like me... and you don't want that at all, cause I'll do anything with no regard to my life... as long as it's going to be fun that is.

Yeah, that's why I put the warning up... People should have common sense not to try this...

Americans aren't exactly known for their keen common sense.

:sm_sigh: well... not exactly the responses i was thinking I'd get... but hey, at least you all seem to be some what concerned about the safety of me/others

yea dude.... like everyone else is saying its def a sweet video... but just not worth the risk.... some dangerous things you can get away with after get hit i.e firepoi (depending on where of course). But stringing with knives at to fast a speed your just asking for personal injury.... very very bad personal injury

AquaThane: actually, before i go... I think I'll go with GS.C

TheFateUnchanged: * Bows * What pushed you into the pool ?

AquaThane: lol, mmmm... although GXG has great people... that's about all they have... GS.C seems like it can offer more of the art than GXG can

posted on gxg ....

so.... I wanted to see if it was true.... I had an account with them before GXG, never posted though, So, i started using it today and put a vid up of me with the GXG hoody on, and not too long after, i got an pm from there mod/admin, whoever it was, pretty much asking me to either leave this site or i'll get banned... now i will say that they were very nice and friendly. but I am still getting kicked off... doesn't matter though, i love this site

well, regarding the video is cool that somebody did something different, i wouldn't try that at all, i hit myself 2 much with the glowsticks, by now i would looked like a freddy krueger victim, i would stick to fire (although dangerous, and maybe sparks).

gxg hood, oh so you were a member, so the question now is, friend or foe? or both (spy)? judges? what's the quickest way 2 find out? i would say make a new video but with fire "wearing a gsc set of custom made jeans, shirt and shoes" !!! (gsc all the way)

Now now guys let's not flame the guy for being on gxg.

I'm just curious which statement he made is the truth, that's all.

Try to remember that for all posts. Don't just flame people for being on gxg. Its not their members which caused all these issues we have. Its only the sites owners.

O.O" what!?!

Why would you do that?

This is totally a dumb idea.......

Seconded

Doesn't push the art just promotes stupidity, and attention grabbing by doing such.

Also posting a vid with a gXg sweater is just blatant insult after the whole bout about duel memberships.

Yea, seriously. Don't hate JUST 'cause he's from gxg. That's unfair and being horribly judgmental.

As for the video itself, it was good man. And I had that idea when I started stringin. :P Just nevber got around to it. I still want to do it. But I agree, I'd never do it in front of a crowd. The only thing stopping me is that, well the way I dance, I move far too much and I've givin myself several black eyes that, with glowsticks alone left me concerned for my future vision. Now a knife......eh, I sorta like seeing things. :P

But props either way.

Also, yes, it does raise my curiosity on if you were being completely honest.

Hmm, interesting.

Now now guys let's not flame the guy for being on gxg.

Try to remember that for all posts. Don't just flame people for being on gxg. Its not their members which caused all these issues we have. Its only the sites owners.

Yea, seriously. Don't hate JUST 'cause he's from gxg. That's unfair and being horribly judgmental.

Truth. If we flame him because he's from gxg then we're being elitist. I say we welcome him (despite his dangerous vid) like we would any regular person.

This is some horrendously dumb but really entertaining stuff

Nice job man =]

I think it would've been a bit safer if you stuck to poi. Wraps with knives could turn out bad. Think of a sack tap with a knife....ouch ><

Would've been better if they were GLOWING!

Douse them in gasoline next time? Or attach spark poi? That'd be crazy

o.O

Wear like, welding gear when you do it though.

Idk about all you guys, but this kind of stuff seems cool to me. Though it's not glowstringing, it's still pretty cool.

On another note:

We shouldn't care if anyone started on GxG.

Fuck, I started on GxG 'cause this site was too intimidating for me when I first started. Hardly posted though. Then I moved to this site a week or two later.

Hopefully I've picked up enough of the culture and contributed enough to overcome any former GxG member hate you guys might have. Truth is, a lot of kids start there. It's the easy way to do things. You don't have to learn the culture, you get props for anything you do. Anyone with their head on straight would like this until they feel they're ready to move on and get serious about it.

Then when they feel they are up to showing GS.C what they've got and decide they want to learn about the culture, they join up here. Since then I've been to the NoVA meet with the New York guys, I met cleric rai gin and jin, and then helped organize another NoVA meet. I'm also hoping my contributions to all the culture threads have been agreeable too.

It shouldn't be about where he started, it should be about where he finishes. On the path to improvement and glowsticking enlightenment ( :lol: ), we should guide but not direct.

lulz.

or i can stfu.

Would've been better if they were GLOWING!

Douse them in gasoline next time? Or attach spark poi? That'd be crazy

o.O

You're right. That is crazy. Want to know why? Because it's just asking for trouble.

Gasoline does NOT adhere to metal, so if you swing it it's coming off IMMEDIATELY and will set whatever it landed on on fire. The gasoline will more or less sheet off the blades as soon as it makes contact. Also his kitchen knives are using a a plastic hilt. He only drilled a small loop at the hilt, so if it were gasoline, it'd weaken the loop and the blade would go flying. Not only that, but gasoline burns very hot, so that's also another very bad idea. Same for alcohol, they both burn excruciatingly hot. Not only that they grow at a moderate rate and burn for a while.