Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*+*Beautiful Starlite*+*

*+*Where are all the Hot Glowsticking.com Ladies?*+*

212 posts in this topic

I think I might get footage after next weekend. I'm doing a one on one session and also the Katsucon dance, and I think a few of my friends (all female) have mentioned that they wouldn't mind learning how to stick at some point.

coming very very soon!!!

Ok so.. to be honest.. I've been part of GSC for years.. and I've never released a solo vid before. I appear in meetupvids and have countless pictures of me glowsticking but never are you going to find a vid that's just me. Now I know you must be like, 'omg she has a solo glowsticking vid!!' er.... not exactly... ;.; *sorry!* Maybe I'll release a freehanding vid sometime but for the time being I just need to youtube a solo fire poi vid so.. hey.. it's better than nothing? But yeah.. coming soon.. The Infamous Shelly, fire poi.

pickley, you are the best :) the warmest glowsticking-related encouragement ever to have fallen upon my damaged-by-too-many-raves-ear-hairs!

you're right though, i was discussing this with katt the other day. even if we don't have the confidence, and therefore the skills (as well as examples to empower ourselves) to add anything new to the general glowsticking pool, we should just circulate a video amongst ourselves as encouragement. even if we're complete beginners. just to share the art amongst people like ourselves.

but yeah, girls have a tendency to put themselves down, and if you really believe you suck, you WILL suck. I HATE BEING A STATISTIC! let's snap out of it! xD

k, it's not that epic, but what the hell. when i have NOT incorporated some worldly generalization that attempts to add some meaningfulness into whatever i say? btw, i think i'm ADD

edit:

but honestly . . the thought of people focusing all their attention on me for even 10 seconds, especially people i don't know about and are probably thinking horribly critical things about me (i.e. "this person should give up right now") freaks the hell out of me. i'm ok at meetups though. :( so uh, despite my desire not to be a statistic, my desire to hide away from the spotlight overpowers the former. so i dunno, i think i'll have to disguise myself an obese male with a beard, and then someone can film me.

what I promised

nice video, like the speed!! keep it up!!

Girls and fire, dangerous but awesome view!!

what I promised

That was awesomeness. Great work loved it loved the music as well :D I love fire it is an awesome element.

YAaaaaaaaaaay. That was awesome Michelle. :D I wanna see more though. :P And womp to the fuxup. It's all good though.

Critique time. Muahahahahahahha! :P

Ok. The one thing I have to say about it, is I feel that you repeated a few motions too many times and the flow between movements could have been better. But all in all, you did an awesome job. Learn some more moves, and work on consistency and flow. As well as explore your personal style.

Here's a tip for everyone. This is one way that I think about performing. Imagine, your performance isn't much different than a song. There is an intro, there is a verse, there is a chorus, and a verse, and a bridge, and a solo (where you show the super snazzy stuff). It doesn't have to follow that format, but you get what I'm aiming at. Place structure into your performance. And I don't mean structure as in becoming rigid. Fluid-like structure if that makes sense.

In conclusion. You did extremely well. :D And you're own your way to super awesomeness. Keep it up Michelle!!!

xD

Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier...

I'm still fairly new to the site, and yeah, there is a significantly higher amount of males than females (that I notice.) So for all the ladies out there, REPRESENT~! *Joins in on the almighty uterus chant* :girlpower:

As for my glowsticking/stringing, I'm also fairly new to that. I started sticking when I joined the site, but I think I've made some real progress in the few months that I've been doing it. :'3 (Thanks for all the help, everyone! :'O)

...On a different note, there should be a day where all gender-specific roles are reversed. x'3

Like...FEMALE construction workers should yell at hot guys walking by...

...Guys should give birth...

xDD

~Megan, PLUR.

Okay guys, I'm still new to freehand so I can't do too much yet. I was just messing around last night and decided to make a video.

RaverBebe freehand 2/15/08

Nice~! :'3

I'm new, too. I'm about where you are, combo-wise. (You're a bit better, 'cause I repeat moves too much. x'3) Great vid! Music was rad. :'3 ♥

Last night was awesome I like how your video came out :D

Thanx. Yeah, I figured I would post it just for the hell of it b/c it didn't come out too bad and it's about time I put out a video of some sort.

Thanx. Yeah, I figured I would post it just for the hell of it b/c it didn't come out too bad and it's about time I put out a video of some sort.

You better have posted it :P. It's nice to see the ladies showing their skillz. The video came out great those ultra's are sexy... They make me want to touch myself in none sexual ways involving my nipples and whipped cream O.o

nice vid! im way too shy to make one... but i like to play with glowsticks when im bored and no ones around.... cuz i suxorz.... :harhar:

maybe one day ^.^"

nice vid! im way too shy to make one... but i like to play with glowsticks when im bored and no ones around.... cuz i suxorz.... :harhar:

maybe one day ^.^"

You've gotta remember that everyone on here is awesome. xD

I was shy at first, too, but when I posted my video, all I got was positive feedback and suggestions on how to improve. (And a few comments about my female gender. xD)

Don't worry! :'3 Just have fun with it. ^ ^~

You better have posted it :P. It's nice to see the ladies showing their skillz. The video came out great those ultra's are sexy... They make me want to touch myself in none sexual ways involving my nipples and whipped cream O.o

Hahaha!

maybe one day ^.^"

That's what I thought too. I was like "I can't do enough stuff to make a video yet". But after going to the LA meetup and hearing people tell me that I'm not as bad as I thought I was, it really helps you and inspires you to do more. And as you can see, my first video isn't much. Just like 38 seconds or something like that, but it's something to start with. And getting people's feedback really helps too b/c then you know what you should focus on more. Anyways, I hope to see a video of you sometime. Just gotta break out of the shell.

This Star Is So Sick With The Flu :cry: and it has been a few days since I have posted on here... I am so excited to see the ladies droppin their video's... Keep it up chicka's and when I feel better I will most def post more... Much Love :wub:

This Star Is So Sick With The Flu :cry: and it has been a few days since I have posted on here... I am so excited to see the ladies droppin their video's... Keep it up chicka's and when I feel better I will most def post more... Much Love :wub:

I feel your pain. ;___;

Let us wallow in our pain together.

Nyquil party! xD

a friend and i will be doing a video in may. he chose the month. i'm posting here so i will be this less inclined to back out. :) this thread inspired me to even think about making a video (yeah . .. congratulate me for thinking of taking a baby step to maybe make soemthing) but honestly i had never ever intended to make a vid before in my life. so keep this thread going :)

well unless we make the super spring break ladies collab beforehand. watching another girl in a vid has really felt empowering, so i just wanted to thank everyone who's come out and posted.

a friend and i will be doing a video in may. he chose the month. i'm posting here so i will be this less inclined to back out. :) this thread inspired me to even think about making a video (yeah . .. congratulate me for thinking of taking a baby step to maybe make soemthing) but honestly i had never ever intended to make a vid before in my life. so keep this thread going :)

well unless we make the super spring break ladies collab beforehand. watching another girl in a vid has really felt empowering, so i just wanted to thank everyone who's come out and posted.

oh snap! I want to see this vid! ^-^"

and yeah doing it at the spring break meet up would be awesome. WOOT