Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*+*Beautiful Starlite*+*

*+*Where are all the Hot Glowsticking.com Ladies?*+*

212 posts in this topic

Yea.... i'm literally like very close to deleting that comment...We had a thread about why gs.c is a sausage fest. Its because of comments like those that push women to not post/stay away from the community, when there are many of us that are more respectful than that bull shit. I would choose your words around the ladies wisely. If you also think this thread is useless please don't read/post here than. This is a way to hopefully get more females in here so this isn't some big testosterone spawning pool.

Grow up people.....

Please do delete that comment. I was skimming through this thread and found it and got pissed off. Why leave it there to continue to upset people? Oh, because it was a "joke"?

LOL @ Rai, though. Good reply.

Carry on ladies, we're happy to have you here =)

P.S. People need to learn how rude certain things can be, even if they may seem small.

not a freehander, but a female on the boards... holla.

~Welcome~ sweetie :hug: *HUGZ*

*pokes head out*

rawr!

hi all,

i've been on gsc and have been stringing for about a year now. so yeah... *waves*

awesome vids ladies!

~Welcome~ wintaer :hug: *HUGZ* Thank you for the support... That is awesome you have been stringing a year... Keep it up... Look forward to seeing a video :icon_rock:

Ohhh fine, I'll post my vid! But keep in mind that it is very short, the lighting's not great, the quality is horrible, and I've gotten much better since I filmed this, not that you can tell much from the choppy video.. lol. I plan on getting another video out soon, which will put this one to shame, I promise! But in the meantime, if you have 44 seconds to spare..

44 seconds to spare... Shiiiit I have all night to spare when it comes to my girl Alli getting down with the sticks ;)

Pickley when I freehanded with you at MM you blew me away!!! :shocked: Believe it or not I look up to you sweetie... It was an amazing memory to be able to freehand with another female sticker... We are now becoming really good friends... Dont get me wrong I love my boys here in AZ and we always have so much fun when we get together but it was awesome to be able to dance and represent for the ladies :girlpower: It will be even more amazing when all us ladies get together and represent at EDC :hug: *BIG HUGZ* Keep it up... :wub: Much Love <3333 Xo0oX

Freque and Starlite you guys should DEF try to make it down for Ultra, SPARROW AND MISTY ARE COMING! It's gonna be dope.

We will try sweetie but no guarantees with the responsibilities we have to take care of these days :hug: *HUGZ*

I gota give it up.

I've always wondered why I could only think of a couple of girls that glowsticked actively or publically. I guess you all where hiding.

This was a great idea Starlite.

Its great to see you wemon hoping out of the woodwork.

:dope

Thank you babe :muah: Yeah I am really happy that all these women are poppin in and letting themselves be known....

This thread is great because I see that I am not the only one who is shy and hiding... Last night Freque and I had a practice session and let me tell you I thought MM gave me the Freehanding bug... Hell no it is this thread... I was even more open minded to learning new moves and I was not hesitant to freehand... I stepped out of my comfort bubble and tried and because I tried I was having a great time I came up with a awesome body trace... When I usually trace I have a hard time connecting the traces and for the first time ever I did it *jumps up and down* Then I worked on hand stalls and I am getting those down pretty good... I am moving forward... look out world LoL *pats self on the back* :bananadance:

I want to make a girls compilation!!!

If anyone wants to participate, throw a PM my way, I'd definately be down for making a girls compilation.

Hopefully I can get some sexy natalie @ the meet up.

I'm serious though, I wanna make a girl video.

I'll make it really awesome.... promise.

-RG

That would rock socks Kristen!!! *Raves* Maybe you can take some footage at EDC? I hope to see Natalie too... Speaking of Sugar Shortcake... Where is that girl? *looks around* :ninja:

haha, yeah, i can see that too

I'll put a video out sometime, rather unfortunately, I left my camera at home

home happens to be 3,000 miles away, on the other side of the country >_<

aussie girl popping back through.. havent been round for a while, dont come online as much as i used to.. good to see more people/girls popping up!

*hugs star*

=D

If anyone wants to participate, throw a PM my way, I'd definately be down for making a girls compilation.

-RG

i must inform msity of this project!!! on a sidenote, i'm gonna force a solo out of her, shes just deciding which song by "the doors" it should be

aussie girl popping back through.. havent been round for a while, dont come online as much as i used to.. good to see more people/girls popping up!

*hugs star*

=D

HEY BEAUTIFUL!!!! :hug: *BIG HUGZ* I MISSES MY KENI KAT!!! Yo girl you should pop in more often... :wub: Much Love <3333 Xo0oX

44 seconds to spare... Shiiiit I have all night to spare when it comes to my girl Alli getting down with the sticks ;)

Pickley when I freehanded with you at MM you blew me away!!! :shocked: Believe it or not I look up to you sweetie... It was an amazing memory to be able to freehand with another female sticker... We are now becoming really good friends... Dont get me wrong I love my boys here in AZ and we always have so much fun when we get together but it was awesome to be able to dance and represent for the ladies :girlpower: It will be even more amazing when all us ladies get together and represent at EDC :hug: *BIG HUGZ* Keep it up... :wub: Much Love <3333 Xo0oX

Hell yeah. Pickley is the shizzie.

The thing I like about Pickley so much is that she moves with confidence. Its the way I'de like to see every girl freehand.

Like she's confident...even if she isnt...(which I dont know if she is or not) she moves with confidence. Just watch her...she's not timid.

I think thats bad ass.

You rock Pickley!

Plus your a cool chica too.

I really need to work on getting a video out...if only, if only. ><

I had a practice session myself two nights ago, and it was a lot of fun =3 I hurt my back, tho, trying to do too many "leaning all the way back" stunts XD Whenever I have practice sessions, at one point or more I always drop my sticks and go wild with my body. It helps me find the beat, and stay in the mood to sweat my butt off dancing XD Hehe, I reccomend if you ladies wanna try letting loose more, and not so focused on specific glowsticking moves (it can get frustrating), use your body. I've come up with some pretty wicked moves, and all naturally!! This is because I'm just feeling the beat with my body, and wrings out through my hands to my glowsticks.

Okay, there are a lot of comments I'd like to reply to.. bear with me here, and apologies for all the quoting that is about to ensue! :)

pickley you were sticking really fast. For a couple seconds during the vid I forgot you were freehanding and I thought you were stringing it. It was like whoaaaaaaaaa. I mean it in a good way. ^_^

lol, yeah, I was sticking pretty fast. That was seriously my first time in front of a camera and I got kind of excited. Plus the camera recorded at such a low FPS that the sticks blurred, making it look like I was sticking faster than I actually was, I think. Next vid will be oodles better! And sometimes I like to emulate stringing, cuz it's fun. But I'm glad I could make you go whoaaaaaaa.

yay nice vid!

this is the 3rd time i've ever seen a girl freehand O_O at first it reminded me of RG the way you were bending your knees, but good stuff :)

there's something about seeing other girls (or other examples of people who represent you in some way) that makes you feel more legitimate in the art, that your art can become a reality too. keep it up ladies, this is awesome stuff, and definitely will encourage ladies in the present and future.

also, just wondering. what's the percentage of girl's vids/ active girls, as opposed to guy's vids/ active guys? maybe the ratios aren't so different :)

but aside from that, how come girls don't post vids as much as they post on the forums? me personally i don't think i'm good enough, even when i practice. i wouldn't do anything newer than anyone else has done in the vids, so i don't see the point in filimng. just wondering what the general sentiment is, in case there are any patterns (and it'd be good to know that we're not alone xD )

First off, thank you! Nothing like words of encouragement, even if I feel like my skills weren't so hot then (compared to now anyway! oh yeah!). Plus being compared to RG can never be a bad thing :) And I do agree that seeing other girls freehand does make this seem more legitimate somehow. Which brings me to my next point.. you girls should post more videos! "me personally i don't think i'm good enough, even when i practice." That breaks my (electronic?) heart. Have you ever filmed yourself sticking? If not, I beg you, try it. I thought I was complete crap at glowsticking until I looked at the first footage I took of myself. When I watched myself as a viewer, rather than just being the glowsticker, it somehow changed everything. It didn't look half bad, and I even felt comfortable admitting that to myself. I wasn't even sure that I was going to post any of my footage until I looked at it and realized.. my abilities aren't too far off from the other glowstickers whose videos I've come to admire. Surely we've all heard the statement "You are your own harshest critic," and I could not agree more. I think most of us are being too hard on ourselves.

You girls are not giving yourselves enough credit.

I have no access to a camera and I'm to broke at the moment to buy sticks. And during this time I'd have no time to make a video, but I'm hoping soon to make one no matter how bad I am...

No matter how "bad" you are? I'll direct you to my previous statement! I would absolutely love to see a video of you, and I can already guarantee that I will not think it's "bad" by any stretch. Even if you don't believe me, I think you'll find that if/when you film yourself, you'll be able to pick out little things to improve upon. It's a great learning experience and I encourage everybody to try it, regardless of whether they post the video or not! I really feel that watching videos of yourself will accelerate your improvement. I know you said you don't have access to a camera, but if you ever do.. we'll be anxiously waiting! :)

-RG

Girls of Glowsticking, by RG.. THAT SOUNDS HOT. I'm signing up for that right now! I know that you'd come up with something truly amazing, Kristen. You should make a thread when you're ready for it, and I will happily submit some of my absolute best glowsticking for it! This idea is really exciting. But.. it might be too hot to handle.. :sm_bigeek:

Girl compilation would be amazing!!

.. oh. Right. Haven't posted in this thread actually.

Name's Katt, and I've been freehanding since I was about 16 or so. I tend to mix in other dance styles like a little bit of ballet and hip hop into my glowsticking so I'm a bit more of a dancer than being really technical (and I've been dancing since I was 3, basically).

Still have yet to release anything because I think I need a lot more work or practice.

Okay Katt, so you've been dancing since you were 3, but you think you need more practice before you release a glowsticking video?! I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit either! I saw the sneaky footage of you in your natural habitat, sticking away.. trust me, you ARE good enough, and I'm pretty damn sure there isn't a soul here that wouldn't love to see you getting down with your bad self, and a pair of glowsticks. Oh yes. It's time!!

Hi, my name is Allison. :) I'm 21. I just started freehanding a couple of months ago...

As a fellow 21 year old Allison who freehands, allow me to welcome you to GS.C! Us Allisons will take over the world.. mwahahaha! Hope to see you around, happy sticking :)

Oh Starlite, you're too sweet.. thank you so much! I look up to you too, and I seriously can't wait for EDC when we can stick together again.. I can't wait to see your badass moves and see if I can't apply them to my own style. It sounds like you're making a lot of progress too, so I'm super excited to see what awesome things you've come up with! Hopefully I'll have some nice moves of my own, so we can share and learn.. it's gonna be a blast!! I hope you're ready to dance the night away - I know I am! *bear hug* <3

Hell yeah. Pickley is the shizzie.

The thing I like about Pickley so much is that she moves with confidence. Its the way I'de like to see every girl freehand.

Like she's confident...even if she isnt...(which I dont know if she is or not) she moves with confidence. Just watch her...she's not timid.

I think thats bad ass.

You rock Pickley!

Plus your a cool chica too.

Aww Freque.. I am touched. Seriously, thank you! I try to have confidence and I'm really glad you think it shows. Just wait until my next vid, I swear it'll blow that one away :biggrin2: I am hoping that other girls will be inspired to be more confident in their glowsticking as well. Like RG.. she inspires me!! So do the other female freehanders.. but they need to POST MORE VIDS! ;)

I'm planning out my next video, and hope to have it out within the next month or so. I want to make it special. So stay tuned, and in the meantime, keep posting here ladies! It's great to see so many of you out there. Praise be to Starlite for making this awesome thread! :)

-RG

do it!

Ho snap!! I had a vid with me in it I had no clue about!! hahahaha

The motherboard on my old laptop died and I JUST got my new one so I just saw the vid. Kristen you're amazing for making it! I really can't wait for the big one!

Ho snap!! I had a vid with me in it I had no clue about!! hahahaha

The motherboard on my old laptop died and I JUST got my new one so I just saw the vid. Kristen you're amazing for making it! I really can't wait for the big one!

You were in the EDC 2007 vid too werent you?

If memory serves me correctly. You had this sick ass matrix type of move.

:unworthy:

Freque and Starlite just ignored me about Ultra?

You are silly Kyle... :P I replied to your post... LoL :hug: *HUGZ* :wub:

You were in the EDC 2007 vid too werent you?

If memory serves me correctly. You had this sick ass matrix type of move.

:unworthy:

It was amazing... I loved it!!! Great Move Shelly :hug: *HUGZ*

this thread is blasting i got to say, cant wait to see a video soon . its gonna b a crazy one

I concur sweetie :ladiesdontgo::bananadance::excited:;)