Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadRaverRai

MadRaverRai - Tainted Transmission

491 posts in this topic

Hahaha

Where did that come from? It's like a caption from my daily life. LOL

Not slave. She's got MadRaver best friend status. Not easily achieved by a lady. Trust me. Many have tried and failed miserably.

lol i can see that :o

Hahaha

Where did that come from? It's like a caption from my daily life. LOL

lol weeeerd sounds exciting haha xD

Path to Perfection 001

Oh snap, I uploaded the wrong file. Give it another hour it will be up.

Its not perfect... Its not near perfect. But, I feel proud of this work!!! I think it gets better after the beginning 20 mins where I fuck two transitions. Haha.

Never mind, the whole thing is kind of bad. haha. except when lovin arms is on. i do good around then.

I'm not sure which track was the first one... Or if these are the right ones..

Jose Amnesia - Louder (Original Mix).mp3

Wisternoff, Jody - Nostalgia (Jody Wisternoff Remix).mp3

01-dirty_south_and_paul_harris_feat_rudy-better_day_(original_mix)-1real.

02-tiesto_presents_allure-the_loves_we_lost__tilt_remix-ute.

01-booka_shade-darko_(bookas_air_tube_mix).

Utada-Sanctuary.

107831_The_Fruit_Ivan_Gough_And_Grant_Smillie_Mix.

216_rachael_starr_-_till_there_was_you_(gabriel_and_dresden_mix_edit).

03 Avalon (Fuck Me I'm Famous Mix).

Karen_Overton-Your_Loving_Arms_(Markus_Schulz__Elevation_Intro_Mix)-Supra_Recordings.

02-andrew_bennett_-_menar_(markus_schulz_remix).

01-m.i.k.e._-_changes_r_good__tranco_edit-xds.

so, I'm listening through a pair of shisty? headphones on my pc right now, And it's the first mix of your's tenaj... Luckily I've heard every track before that you've played so far, so the shisty? sound quality is of little importance, and I'm just looking into your mixing.

Critique:

First off, I'm lovin the track selection... A girl that definitely knows what's up with the classic trance tracks, I am definitely impressed... And the mixes seem to be putting that track selection together pretty nicely...

As far as the mixes: definitely need some work. For a good potion of most the mixes, you have got it, transitions, etc., are pretty good... But there are definitely several instances of the choppy beatmix in this mix... You seem to realize it relatively quickly and get back on point though, so that's a plus, none of them really went into a trainwreck... (BTW, this critique is coming from listening to 39 minutes of it.... Oh shit... that was a pretty nice mix right there :) )

Basically, to someone that's not a DJ, the mistakes are minimal enough for them to completely miss them... So far, I like it, quite a bit... Other than the couple instances of brief choppyness...

I'm digging your mixing skills outside of the beatmatch as well...

phrasing? syncing? I know not of these terms, but basically, from someone who has been spinning for like 2 years, that was just able to get a set of some 1210 MKII's about a month ago(my friend just got some (SEMI-USED) M5Gs, a Rane mixer, some Denon headphones and a battle mixer, all in great condition, yesterday in the mail... 1500 bucks... I'm jealous, fosho ;) ) and start getting really serious, Niiice Mix, LadyPhish!! Keep it up!! I want more :P

Gin, and Rai, I'm pretty excited to see where your style musically is at... So hurry up and post those mixes :P

EDIT: Oh shiza!! I'll be checkin this out soon Ginseng, would appreciate a tracklist though :P

This is my live mix when I spun @ the Jon O'Bir Party at Love Nightclub.

Right click and Save As

MadRaverRai - Live @ Love Nightclub

MadRaverRai - Live @ Love Nightclub 01-19-08

1)M6- Fragments

2)Thrillseekers - By your side(Mind One Remix)

3)Tom Colontonio - Suspect(Apogee Remix)

4)Leon boiler - Crazy People

5)Sander Van Dorn vs. Interstate - Remembering the Sun Goes Down(First State Mash Up)

6) Maor Levi - Shapes(Oliver Smith Remix)

7)Filo and Peri - Anthem(Marcelo Viera Remix)

8)Randy Katana - Another wave

9)Jose Amnesia - Louder(Jon O'Bir Remix)

10)Terry Ferminal - Walk Away(Terry Ferminal Remix)

11)Mike Foyle - Firefly(Mark Sherry Outburst Remix)

12)Markus Schulz -Cause you know(Nic Chagall Remix)

Yea Rai.... put all the mixes on the first post... no one even sees mine, anymore :(

Yea Rai.... put all the mixes on the first post... no one even sees mine, anymore :(

Already done. From now on, all sets will be on the first post as well as the current page you put it up on.

Already done. From now on, all sets will be on the first post as well as the current page you put it up on.

YOU'z da best.

awesome man =] i got all the mixes downloaded <3

can't wait for new ones man. thanks ^_^

so, I'm listening through a pair of shisty? headphones on my pc right now, And it's the first mix of your's tenaj... Luckily I've heard every track before that you've played so far, so the shisty? sound quality is of little importance, and I'm just looking into your mixing.

Critique:

First off, I'm lovin the track selection... A girl that definitely knows what's up with the classic trance tracks, I am definitely impressed... And the mixes seem to be putting that track selection together pretty nicely...

As far as the mixes: definitely need some work. For a good potion of most the mixes, you have got it, transitions, etc., are pretty good... But there are definitely several instances of the choppy beatmix in this mix... You seem to realize it relatively quickly and get back on point though, so that's a plus, none of them really went into a trainwreck... (BTW, this critique is coming from listening to 39 minutes of it.... Oh shit... that was a pretty nice mix right there :) )

Basically, to someone that's not a DJ, the mistakes are minimal enough for them to completely miss them... So far, I like it, quite a bit... Other than the couple instances of brief choppyness...

I'm digging your mixing skills outside of the beatmatch as well...

phrasing? syncing? I know not of these terms, but basically, from someone who has been spinning for like 2 years, that was just able to get a set of some 1210 MKII's about a month ago(my friend just got some (SEMI-USED) M5Gs, a Rane mixer, some Denon headphones and a battle mixer, all in great condition, yesterday in the mail... 1500 bucks... I'm jealous, fosho ;) ) and start getting really serious, Niiice Mix, LadyPhish!! Keep it up!! I want more :P

Gin, and Rai, I'm pretty excited to see where your style musically is at... So hurry up and post those mixes :P

EDIT: Oh shiza!! I'll be checkin this out soon Ginseng, would appreciate a tracklist though :P

o wow you wrote so much! haha generaly speaking, im glad you like the mix :)

i know my beatmatching is still off, it's cuz im using turn tables... the speeds seem to change on thier own so i have to keep an ear out for unmatched beats for the whole time. i could def see why cdj or even a complete digital system would benifit me. haha but im trying to master the turn tables... my opnion... they're just more fun :)

MADRAVER - GIN - mi at tjs so imma listen to your mixes sunday :)

be ready to have ur sets torn APPART. ha! j/k but i'll def give you my input.

turn tables are super fun @.@ a while back when my friend was a little druggie raver he let me used his turn tables but me being a noob with that i messed up his setting with the pitch and tempo and everything else but he was so stoned out of his mind he didn't give a shit @.@ but they were fun to play around with @.@ lol just couldn't afford one but i can see myself getting in to that

turn tables are super fun @.@ a while back when my friend was a little druggie raver he let me used his turn tables but me being a noob with that i messed up his setting with the pitch and tempo and everything else but he was so stoned out of his mind he didn't give a shit @.@ but they were fun to play around with @.@ lol just couldn't afford one but i can see myself getting in to that

Messed up the pitch settings? You never keep the pitch/tempo at the same setting.... you have to change it for every different track you play. Essentially... say the current played track is 150 bpm.... and the one you want to mix in is 160 bpm... you will adjust the incoming track, so that it slows down to match the 150 bpms... get it? LOL... it's not like... the settings you have on your turntables are supposed to stay that way.... they change depending on what track you put in.

Speaking of not affording... I bought my ex bf a 550 dollar turntable. Just one. LOL....

And then I bought myself 2 cdj's.... Sold everything :( I was poor and needed money.

lol well like i said i had no idea what i was adjusting xD and i think i changed more than the tempo and pitch of course everything was messed up cuz i touched his settings cuz i had no idea which one did which :P xD that was back when i first moved here to where i am now :o 2004-2005 ish

o wow you wrote so much! haha generaly speaking, im glad you like the mix :)

i know my beatmatching is still off, it's cuz im using turn tables... the speeds seem to change on thier own so i have to keep an ear out for unmatched beats for the whole time. i could def see why cdj or even a complete digital system would benifit me. haha but im trying to master the turn tables... my opnion... they're just more fun :)

MADRAVER - GIN - mi at tjs so imma listen to your mixes sunday :)

be ready to have ur sets torn APPART. ha! j/k but i'll def give you my input.

That is exactly what I was trying to tell Rai about, I think. Or maybe I was telling all of you guys, when we were at Rai's place. Vinyl will naturally start to distort... causing a once consistent bpm, to fluctuate. CDJ's are cheating, in a sense. I'm glad I spent my first 3 years spinning on turntables. But, as long as you keep updating your serato vinyl, you shouldn't have any problems with the track going off the metronome. I'm so proud my Miss Korea can spin records!!

djing is fun nvr had the plaesure to use turn tables myself though... bummer i really want too

Recorded this mix this morning. One shot. No re recordrings.

I haven't released a Speechless Siren set in a while but I'll try to do em weekly from now on. I got Sooks, Tenaj, and Ginseng to keep me inspired now. And all you listeners too. (=OP

I used a lot more effects. I fell in love with my isolator this morning. Peep the melodies during the breaks as I messed with em a lot. Dabbled with Flanger and Filters as well. Man, that's why I love using digital. Four effect knobs per deck on my setup.

Pardon some noob mistakes though as the set is not perfect.

Right click and save as

MadRaverRai - Speechless Siren 04

1)ATB - Justify(Club Remix)

2)Leon Boiler presents Precursor - The Navigator

3)Tom Colontonio - Twister

4)Daniel Kandi - Child

5)The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides Deep(John O'Callaghan Remix) [TRACK OF THE WEEK]

6)Aly and Fila - Breath of Life

7)Fred Baker and Greg Nash - Solaris City(Fred Baker Remix)

8)4 Strings - Take me Away(Mac Zimms Remix)

9)Seb - Mass Noise(Sean Tyas Remix)

10)Gareth Emery - More than Anything(E.F.F.E.C.T. Progressive Remix)

11)DJ Eco - Light at the End

12)Beats of Genesis vs. Legend B - Lost in Love 2k6(Sean Tyas Remix)

The Track of the Week is dope!!!!

SikKKKKKKKkkkkkk?

Lol Do not critique mine I know I have a long way to go

Recorded this mix this morning. One shot. No re recordrings.

I haven't released a Speechless Siren set in a while but I'll try to do em weekly from now on. I got Sooks, Tenaj, and Ginseng to keep me inspired now. And all you listeners too. (=OP

I used a lot more effects. I fell in love with my isolator this morning. Peep the melodies during the breaks as I messed with em a lot. Dabbled with Flanger and Filters as well. Man, that's why I love using digital. Four effect knobs per deck on my setup.

Pardon some noob mistakes though as the set is not perfect.

Right click and save as

1)ATB - Justify(Club Remix)

2)Leon Boiler presents Precursor - The Navigator

3)Tom Colontonio - Twister

4)Daniel Kandi - Child

5)The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides Deep(John O'Callaghan Remix) [TRACK OF THE WEEK]

6)Aly and Fila - Breath of Life

7)Fred Baker and Greg Nash - Solaris City(Fred Baker Remix)

8)4 Strings - Take me Away(Mac Zimms Remix)

9)Seb - Mass Noise(Sean Tyas Remix)

10)Gareth Emery - More than Anything(E.F.F.E.C.T. Progressive Remix)

11)DJ Eco - Light at the End

12)Beats of Genesis vs. Legend B - Lost in Love 2k6(Sean Tyas Remix)

The Track of the Week is dope!!!!

SikKKKKKKKkkkkkk?

HAVE THAT TRACKK!!! WAS GONA USE ITTT!! <3

Rai that was a really good set [the one from love]. I wish I had been there to hear it live.

I'll listen to the speechless siren one later.

All sets are on the 1st post. Remember guys.

just put that in the sub title of your topic ;) you can edit that too remember ;D

My links don't work, i"m a bastard HAHAH!