Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChongVA

Critique my video please.

9 posts in this topic

work on your lighting. make it light enough so we can see what your doing, but not to light so we cant see the glowsticks. lighting is a big part in making a video.

I tried to play with lighting on the video to show what I am doing physically and the best I could do was emboss it and bump up the quality and size and its up to 11MB sorry! I'll use better lighting next video though. :wacko:

- Chong

yeah, the lighting was kinda weird... it looks like you're trying to come out of the walls... try slowing down and try getting those moves and combos down before you speed up your pace...

Thanks for the suggestions. First video I've done and its about 3 months worth of getting into the scene sticking. Everything I taught myself and I kinda have my own disciples in my area that ive made. - Chong

yeah, the lighting was kinda weird... it looks like you're trying to come out of the walls... try slowing down and try getting those moves and combos down before you speed up your pace...

duo wraps could use more work. Also, your weave and wallplanes looked a little bit off too. Work on keeping the strings parallel to your body, and overall get more practice in. Not bad at all for three months. Keep up the good work and PLUR baby.

Yeah...honestly that was probably one of the more disturbing looking videos when it first came on the screen...Like I don't even know what to say about that edit effect, except...it's chocolatey, lol. Other than that I'd say the best thing to do is just clean up those wraps and your poi, slow down a bit. Work on your pacing and momentum when you spin, it'll really help you out in the long run. Once you have control over that it'll make advancing on to other, more difficult moves a lot easier.

For right now, slow down. Get your moves down to the point of muscle memory, then you'll be able to speed them up a bit more, should you choose to do so. You tangled a hell of a lot and that's because you're not fully in control of your speed. Slow down, relax and really take into consideration what you're doing and how fast you're going.

So that's what you can do as of now; work on speed control, clean up the poi/wraps/transitions, whatever the case may be, that you have. Then you'll be able to move on to bigger and better things.

Oh, and I'd hate to beat a dead horse, but definitely work on lighting, it'll take off the further stress of editing the lighting later. Try working in a dim setting, dim enough to see the your body and it's movements yet also see the brightness of the sticks; whatever light source you use in this case, make sure it's more or less in front of you in some way, never behind...behind creates the "sillouhette effect" and we won't be able to see exactly what your doing. Hope this helps.

Keep on practicing man.

Much kudos on the advice guys. Gimme a week and I'll post another video of my progress with better lighting effects. I've had to teach myself everything because the scene isnt here really. Maybe a 10-30 of my friends that randomly party together but I'm the only one serious about practicing this. So my motivation isnt there fully. Makes me want to move out to a bigger scene area. Well asides from that I'll be a regular up here now and hope to meet some of you someday at a club/party. - Chong