Sign in to follow this  
MadRaverRai

Yori's Room

2693 posts in this topic

so is minimal contact

txt me sometime

miss you baby cakes jk jk but seriously... inlove.gif

and Gloving..... ekk

I'm just really busy with music but I'll always come out for a meetup.

agree.

It's easy to see why new people aren't taking charge - why do that when the site isn't even that active/ seemingly nobody cares?

lol me and Gin were doing meetups when there were like 6 EC heads on this site, all it takes is a little passion and free time.

100% agree with what Rai said.

Us guys who have been around since way back when have gotten caught up in real life, but that's how it goes. We've invested a lot into glowsticking & the community, because we loved it & wanted to share that with others. But we've put in our time, it's time for others to step up. The meetups were intended to meet, share with and teach new people -- and those new people should eventually step up and take the torch. But seems like nobody is interested in doing that, leaving guys like Aden, Cleric and Rai to keep organizing stuff in order to do anything in the EC scene when they got their own shit going on.

Lotta people take, but not too many are willing to give back. That's how scenes stagnate, and eventually die.

And yeah, I'm always busy with work and other stuff, and never pick up the sticks these days, but I'm always down to come out for meetups.

Edited by illezt
  • Upvote 1

same. I'll always come out to meetups, 'cept the last one happened when I was out of the state, and it looks like the next one is gonna get planned straight in the middle of a final I have... (yep, weekend finals, bite me) excuses, I know.

but what you said is 100% true. The EC vets are vets for a reason-- it's been 6-10 years for most of y'all and there should be a new wave of people by now. But everyone's trailed off & faded out. Real life sidetracked us all. I know for a fact that I have neither the skill/focus/time (and chances are I'm leaving the area, if not the whole EC, within 5 to 10 months) to ever have grabbed the torch, but I'm still loyal & will be around, wherever I go.

Edited by Lira

Hey Guys, Kind of wanna make this quick because i have work. But God i missed all of you, I still love you all, and i am sorry for all the shit i put you guys through. It feels awkward for me to even post here because of all the things i did. But i just, miss Home with you all....

im in howard county. i tried to become an active member because everyone told me to come here, but this site isnt super active, its been about a year for me now, without consistent practice, but i still enjoy stringing. im moving into my own place next month, and no tv/xbox will mean 6-7 hour practice days for me. i read back a couple pages, and it seems the site still isnt too active except for the OGs still keeping hope alive. if anyone is willing to invest time in a meetup then id love to come out and learn some stuff besides flowers and mills. its funny though because the only thread for a md/dc/va meetup i saw had 3 responses, one of which was mine from my OLD account a year or more ago. nothing happened then either. oh well, i guess i'll just have to keep a lookout and hope something comes up.real life is kicking my butt too, hopefully everyone is doing well.

Oh hot damn never thought I get a notification about a reply in this room. Icy is back? When did he leave?

Oh hot damn never thought I get a notification about a reply in this room. Icy is back? When did he leave?

lol like 3 years ago cuz i was a dick lol

Wassup guys. Spazzman is moving to Nevada at the end of the month. We are going to get together and celebrate with him on October 19, 2012 at Club 39. We booked Norin & Rad, Soundprank, and I will be opening up dJ duties for the night. It's gonna be a really sick event. Glowstick friendly and no dress code.

Tickets are $25 and it is 21+. Sorry under agers, my company tried it's best to get 18+ but it was a no go. Club 39 is a really sick venue. It's huge and the sound system rocks.

Here is the promo video for the event.

Club 39 Promo Video

This is the ticket link.

$25 pre sale tickets

If you want to check out the facebook event here is the link for that.

Spazzman's Birthday and Going Away Party/Bash/Rager/Whatever

If you guys have any questions you can call me. 917-456-7332. Text me first. I normally don't answer numbers I do not know.

Edited by MadRaverRai

This Friday I'm celebrating my birthday at Club 39.  Bryan Kearney and Indecent Noise is spinning.  Pretty good combo for all the trance fans in here.  We are opening that night leaving me open to hang throughout the night.  I wanna do some hookah in the green room with you guys.

https://www.facebook.com/events/522828334414585/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by MadRaverRai

So like...yea...this is happening. 

Crazy Lineup.  Heatbeat, Mikkas, Arctic Moon, Mark Sherry, Nifra, and I'll be playing as Static & Bass.  There is going to be tons of sticking here.  This would be a great event for all of us to meet up again.

http://youtu.be/TZJdqvnn8ZA

Hello Everyone, This is the second thread I have checked out on this website. Where is everyone? There are 100 guests viewing the site but nobody is posting.